Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Your Questions for BUD COLLINS

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've always been one of Bud's biggest fans. Regardless of what any of his detractors might say, his love and energy for our sport are limitless. I, like GV Girl, remember some of the PBS broadcasts (mine were from the early 80s though ) and remember reading his tennis articles in the Boston Globe.

Questions for Bud:
    What are your favorite nicknames that you've created over the years?

I recall reading an interview with you many years ago where you said if you only had one media outlet, you'd choose print over television - do you still feel this way and why?

Who was your favorite player to interview, and why?

You can only watch one more tennis match - who are the players (any generation, any gender), and what is the surface or venue?

Will you come to the TAT tailgate at the US Open?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    That's the one we need to push to get a yes, Jack. Would be awesome to have a guest star at this year's Tailgate!

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    That would be so cool. And if Bud attended, it would be really, really easy for our new Tailgaters to find the group! His clothes are like a shining beacon that could guide ships back to port!
    It would be wonderful for both Bud and his wife to attend our tailgate! We'd be so honored!!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

When you look at all of the personalities in tennis--the players, the coaches, the commentators, the powers-that-be in the ATP and WTA, etc.--who do you think is the most misunderstood, and why?
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

During the Australian Open, I got the distinct feeling that you are not that fond of Roger Federer. If this is the case, are you able to share what that issue(s) is/are?

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Want to remind everyone of this...we'll keep the thread open til Sunday, then will be getting the questions off to Bud sometime next week.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Where do you buy your pants? (Honestly, I wanna know).
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

*Who amongst the players have ended up being your closest friends? (Bonus points if you tell us who are your sworn enemies. )

*Which players, past or present, have surprised you the most re: becoming champions- you just didn't see them coming.....Also, any juniors currently that you think are destined to become champs?

*Jon Wertheim gave one answer to the following question- so, I'm very interested in your take on this.....How do you think that past doubles teams- say, BJK/Margaret, Martina/Pam, Court/anyone, the Aussie men....would do if they were playing today?
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Going to leave this open for one more day, in case anyone has any last minute questions. After that, we'll be getting them off to Bud.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

What was the best Grand Slam fortnight you have ever experienced?

If you were not a tennis journalist what would have been your calling in life?
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12