Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: How about that new column in the forum?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make it go away! Make it go away!

    11 24.44%
  • Meh. Don't care one way or the other.

    17 37.78%
  • I kind of like it.

    11 24.44%
  • I love it! The added info is cool.

    6 13.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,743
    Blog Entries
    10

    3 Column Layout?

    Like I mentioned in my latest blog entry, TAT News & Stuff - February 2008, I want to try a different layout for our forum -- additional column on the left.

    I'm curious what you think about this.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  2. #2

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    My first thought was that it's crowded but this is from someone who can't find the calendar so what do I know?

    I'm giving myself time to see how I feel about it.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  3. #3

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    My first thought was that it's crowded but this is from someone who can't find the calendar so what do I know?

    I'm giving myself time to see how I feel about it.
    Yep, same here.

  4. #4

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    I like it!
    How many ways do I say, "I love her!"

  5. #5

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    Kinda crowded for me and I don't look at the blogs...but the tennis headlines might be a near idea...

  6. #6

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Kinda crowded for me and I don't look at the blogs...but the tennis headlines might be a near idea...
    It would....
    But... what happens to the headlines when the next grand slam starts up again?
    The reason why the tennis headlines were taken off from the forum part in the first place was because it spoiled the scores for some people who watched certain matches on tape delay. So, they're coming back?

  7. #7

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    I'm sure I'll get used to it if we decide to keep it, but it does seem a little crowded.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

  8. #8

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    If TAT is the den in my home, it all of a sudden feels like too much furniture is in the room.


  9. #9
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,743
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    It would....
    But... what happens to the headlines when the next grand slam starts up again?
    The reason why the tennis headlines were taken off from the forum part in the first place was because it spoiled the scores for some people who watched certain matches on tape delay. So, they're coming back?
    This is different news, Jessie. The old news was an RSS feed that we had no control over. These are actually press releases that we receive and can pick and choose what to show.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  10. #10

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    I also feel it's too crowded. Particularly on my old laptop...
    Roger forever

  11. #11

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    This is different news, Jessie. The old news was an RSS feed that we had no control over. These are actually press releases that we receive and can pick and choose what to show.
    aah, ok.

    then I like it I say we keep it

  12. #12

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    I used the "meh" option. I'll leave this up to others.

  13. #13

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    This is perfect for me. But I have to add that my screen is set to 1280 x 1024, so the "crowded" effect is pretty much lost in that translation.
    Coach Marion, at your service!

  14. #14

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    I like the third column. I can see the blogs without having to search for them as well as the headlines.

    After dealing with a "Bloomberg" screen for years this is a pleasure.

  15. #15

    Re: 3 Column Layout?

    Could it be made so that we can choose individually to have it or not have it? Or is that technically impossible?
    Roger forever

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •