Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Scoreboard: 20 Questions - 2008 Australian Open

This lovely scoreboard can be sorted by any value by clicking the top of the column.

Last edited by oohsalmon; 01-27-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Final Scores
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Re: Scoreboard: 20 Questions - 2008 Australian Open

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    This lovely scoreboard can be sorted by any value by clicking the top of the column.
    Scoreboard updated through Day 2!

The scores may look ugly early on, but that's the way it goes in slams. Especially with the impossibility of outfit predicting questions, there weren't any answers expected to be guaranteed right this early on. Vliegen got a point for several, but other than that it was a whole lot of players flopping, and far too many bagels.

But out of the darkness, there is light. Two past powerhouses took an early lead, perfect through two days. 20Q2007USO bronze medalist and Wooden Spoon creator Jack (good things happen to Other Contests creators, eh?) and two-time 20 Questions champion (20Q2007USO & 20Q2007YEC) suliso each got out to a 1-0 start.

Close on their tails at 1-2 are Charlie02123, Equipped, hawkgirl98, Madame (perennial contender, never finished outside the top three in 20 Questions),and oohsalmon (perennial cellar dweller, never finished outside bottom three).

And while history tells us that suliso already has this thing in the bag, I should remind you all that it is still, of course, anyone's game
    Last edited by oohsalmon; 01-15-2008 at 05:46 AM.

Scoreboard updated through Day 2!

The scores may look ugly early on, but that's the way it goes in slams. Especially with the impossibility of outfit predicting questions, there weren't any answers expected to be guaranteed right this early on. Vliegen got a point for several, but other than that it was a whole lot of players flopping, and far too many bagels.

But out of the darkness, there is light. Two past powerhouses took an early lead, perfect through two days. 20Q2007USO bronze medalist and Wooden Spoon creator Jack (good things happen to Other Contests creators, eh?) and two-time 20 Questions champion (20Q2007USO & 20Q2007YEC) suliso each got out to a 1-0 start. Close on their tails at 1-2 are Charlie02123, Equipped, hawkgirl98, Madame (perennial contender, never finished outside the top three in 20 Questions),and oohsalmon (perennial cellar dweller, never finished outside bottom three).

And while history tells us that suliso already has this thing in the bag, I should remind you all that it is still, of course, anyone's game
    oh well, I'm out of SP's allready, almost out of the wooden spoon, so at least I can hang on 20 questions....
    Thanks Salmon !
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
    second Decima of the year !!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Ok. Next time we all copy suliso's answers!

Scores updated through Day 4!

Madame, with one silver and two bronzes in the past three editions of 20 Questions, clearly has her sights set on gold in 2008. She has jumped off to a commanding lead early on in 20 Questions - 2008 Australian Open, with eight points secured (tied with Aziza for first), and only five points impossible (sole possession of first by two points). Trailing her is Aziza, followed by Charlie02123 (the only player to have gotten the MCA question correct so far), who is closely followed by Renee0108.

A lot of points come down to the very end, so it's by no means anywhere near over. With the right words to the runner-up's box, you could be lifting the more coveted trophy come next Sunday.

I love 20 Questions
    The only game I'm doing not too bad this grandslam ....
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
    second Decima of the year !!

Charlie02123 (the only player to have gotten the MCA question correct so far)
    Woot!

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Yeah... I forgot about Vodafone, so I thought MCA was the second-largest stadium. I thought Venus would get put there a couple of times. Also, Venus and Serena keep getting put on Show Court 2 for doubles... I was counting on them getting into MCA! Bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by beaujarkko View Post
    Yeah... I forgot about Vodafone, so I thought MCA was the second-largest stadium. I thought Venus would get put there a couple of times. Also, Venus and Serena keep getting put on Show Court 2 for doubles... I was counting on them getting into MCA! Bollocks.
    There's still time!

They may very well get moved from 2 onto MCA...that's what happened to Kuznetsova/Mauresmo.

I haven't been in the top three for a day since I won the USO a while back.
    That seems like forever ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    I haven't been in the top three for a day since I won the USO a while back.
    That seems like forever ago.
    I might have felt sorry for you, but you have 6 points. Puh-leez.

I have one, with sixteen wrong. Worse still is that after Day 2, I had one with only two wrong. I went oh-for-fourteen.

Sorry having six is so terrible .

I have one, with sixteen wrong. Worse still is that after Day 2, I had one with only two wrong. I went oh-for-fourteen.

Trust me, being almost at the top but not quite is worse than being in the bottom..at least to me. I'd rather go out horribly than get close and not win

Sorry about you only having one

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Yeah I picked Bob Bryan because I thought he'd be playing mixed too

Blog Entries

Allez salmon!! We both are tied for last!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast