Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Redskins' Taylor shot and wounded at home

Redskins' Taylor shot and wounded at home

PALMETTO BAY, Fla. -- Washington Redskins star safety Sean Taylor was shot at his home Monday and was in critical condition, and police are investigating a possible robbery.
    Officers were sent to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. after his girlfriend called 911 and said he was shot in his lower body, Lt. Nancy Perez said. He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, she said, but did not disclose how many times he was shot.
    The Miami Herald reported paramedics found Taylor with a gunshot wound to the groin. A family friend who did not want to be identified told ABC-TV 10 in Miami that Taylor was shot twice.
    Investigators were still interviewing the girlfriend and other relatives who were in the home to try to determine what happened, Perez said.

Taylor

"It could have been a possible burglary, it could have been a possible robbery," Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."
    Taylor's family asked that no information about his condition be released, hospital spokeswoman Lorraine Nelson said.

Full article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3127928

Wasn't sure where to put this...

Dry

Re: Redskins' Taylor shot and wounded at home

Yeesh...

I don't really know what to say here, except that multiple shots to the groin would make me look at the girlfriend, not a robber.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    Yeesh...

I don't really know what to say here, except that multiple shots to the groin would make me look at the girlfriend, not a robber.
    Agreed.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Sounds like a girlfriend wound to me as well!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's peculiar is that CNN (Headline News) continues to say that he was shot in "the thigh"...

Dry

RIP Sean

Bummer
    ADAM Member

Wow. Rest in Peace Sean.

Condolences to his family.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Blog Entries

I mentioned this in TATchat lastnight, as I was telling them about my neighbour (who's about 22 years) who shot and killed on Saturday night while enjoying a friendly game of dominoes.

Last I read was he was shot and in critical condition, I had no idea he had passed. This is indeed sad.

RIP Sean

Foxy
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Sorry to read he passed.

I just didn't see this outcome coming at all...

I thought leg injuries only ever caused death in Season 1 of Lost and on the Oregon Trail.

Sean was definitely one of the two or three most popular Redskins, at least among my demographic. I remember there was a little picture of an ambulence people would put in their AIM profiles that said something like "I put this ambulence here because I support Sean Taylor injuring at least one player per game."

He will definitely be missed

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Very sad. RIP

Dry