Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    deejay000

Frame durability

I currently have been playing with a liquidmetal radical OS for the last 2.5 yrs. It needs restringing about once a month on average. How long will a frame withstand the kind of pressure stringing puts on it? Will it last or have performance suffer?
    Thanks!

Re: Frame durability

Quote Originally Posted by deejay000 View Post
    I currently have been playing with a liquidmetal radical OS for the last 2.5 yrs. It needs restringing about once a month on average. How long will a frame withstand the kind of pressure stringing puts on it? Will it last or have performance suffer?
    Thanks!
    Your frame should not falter due to any pressure put on it by the strings. If your racquet's top grommet gets beat up I suggest changing it when need be. I change mine about every 4-5 months, but it all varies depending on the player. I am short and slice a lot of shots so I knick the ground a lot with my racquet. By changing the grommet it helps protect the frame.

Long story short, assuming you have no cracks or serious damage to the racquet, the frame should be fine. I have heard frames can lose *some* flexibility over time, but I heard that a while ago and not sure if it has value to the statement.

I have seen players use the same racquet for 10+ years. Then there's me who has been known to toss them from time to time, rest assured, bad for the racquet.
    Good Luck on the Court!!!
    Scott Baker
    Tennis4you.com