Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: What does your username mean?

On TOB, where you only saw "Anastasia_bea," I just thought bea was a really big fan of Myskina. I never learned the name origins until someone mentioned it on TAT.

jj
    Blue Steel

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    On TOB, where you only saw "Anastasia_bea," I just thought bea was a really big fan of Myskina. I never learned the name origins until someone mentioned it on TAT.

jj
    Board, what other board..?

one_shot07 came at a time when I had a crazy obsession with the group danity kane! one shot is the first song on their debut cd and it was one of my favs on the record and 07 is my graduation year! YAY!! lol
    How many ways do I say, "I love her!"

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Kirkus comes from my lack of creativity. Meh, just add a few letters to your real name and be done with it.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Kirkus comes from my lack of creativity. Meh, just add a few letters to your real name and be done with it.
    Your real name is irku?

Over the years I've used various computer programs and websites that try to "personalize" your experience by asking you for your name, then calling you that. Well, seeing "Welcome, Mike" on the screen gets to be pretty run-of-the-mill after a while. Plus I don't really want the bastards to know any more about me than they have to, so I've always entered "Mr X" for these cases.

So when I logged into TAT for the first time, I decided to go with Mr X as a username, but I gave it an alternate spelling to add a little uhhh...mystery

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

Owendonovan is a combination of 2 family surnames.

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Mine isn't too complicated but it sums me up pretty well, all told.

Beau is the French (and English, somewhat) word for "handsome/attractive", Jarkko stands for Jarkko. Nieminen. (Shocker!) who I think is a total hottie. And there happens to be a rhyme in the syllables.

In summation:

French + attractive men + tennis-related + English literary device = the perfect moniker for myself.

Not a great story, but meh.
    I'll miss you!

Munchin,

I just wanted to say that this was a great idea for a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by beaujarkko View Post
    Mine isn't too complicated but it sums me up pretty well, all told.

Beau is the French (and English, somewhat) word for "handsome/attractive", Jarkko stands for Jarkko. Nieminen. (Shocker!) who I think is a total hottie. And there happens to be a rhyme in the syllables.

In summation:

French + attractive men + tennis-related + English literary device = the perfect moniker for myself.

Not a great story, but meh.
    SHEESH, this almost makes nelslus to want to allow Scotty to get off the hook for his choice of Mark Knowles. Ick. Someone needs to get out more. (Note: NOT a comment directed at Scotty, for heaven's sake.)
    Last edited by nelslus; 10-10-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Nelslus BTW is a position that can be found in the Kama Sutra.

Alternate take:

Nelslus= Just a combo of my last name and my imaginary he's REAL, damn it, REAL, WHY WON'T THEY BELIEVE ME my man's (AKA baby nelslus) last name.

Which, when you realize that our real-life first names are Jeff and John, which is just too cutesy-wootzy-pie for words (we try to skip wearing the matching outfits with the requisite bow ties, straw hats and Buster Browns whenever possible), one realizes that the only option remaining to gain any shred of remaining dignity is to call oneself nelslus.
    Last edited by nelslus; 10-10-2007 at 10:15 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

I have no idea why I'm Winston. Just needed a name to sign on, and that popped into my head. (Wonder what my subconscious would have to say about that.)

On the Boxerjam game site, I'm snowkap. That's cuz I love mountains and I was stuck for several years in Kansas City and Atlanta. Needed something to remind me.

mrjiggyfly was the awful wannabe rapper from one of the Geico commercials. After he's done with his audition, the talent evaluator, who looked like Ving Rhames character in Pulp Fiction, says "Mr. Jiggyfly...I have some good news..."

Needless to say that the "good news" wasn't Mr. Jiggyfly getting the part.

When I tried to use mrjiggyfly as my user if for my online poker site, they said it was already taken, so I added the 2 at the end.

ADAM Member

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Your real name is irku?
    What? You got a problem with that?
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Fed Fan
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Hell, I didn't even bother getting that creative! (And my fav number is 8 too, m8)
    16 and counting...

JUPITER'S GHOST - catch up on all the episodes at http://www.youtube.com/user/jupitersghost

Tennis begins with love.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast