Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Prediction Scores: Week of 091007

Two people share the title this week--Mmmm8 and MysterX!!!! Well done!

Last edited by dryrunguy; 09-16-2007 at 11:18 AM.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Prediction Scores: Week of 091007

I have to run a few errands, so the YTD scores will be updated in a few hours. Sorry for the delay!

Dry

Well done!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Nice one you guys!

Congrats 4m8 and MrX! Great job!

ugh!
    Only two freakin' points from tying for the win!!!

ugh!!

*kicks something*

anywho...

well done Mysterx and M8!!!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I totally didn't see this coming. Thought my ATP score would kill my chances, actually!

Congrats to MysteryX, JJ's Arch-nemesis!

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

well done MysterX and M8!
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Uhh, everyone got bonus points this week? Don't you have to pick the correct score as well as the winner? I don't know what the final Fed Cup score was, or even what I predicted, but ...

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    Uhh, everyone got bonus points this week? Don't you have to pick the correct score as well as the winner? I don't know what the final Fed Cup score was, or even what I predicted, but ...
    Martini:

you get points for picking the winning team, PLUS points for picking the final score of the tie correctly.

Everyone selected Russia, so everyone got the points for the winning team. But no one picked the correct final score of the tie.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Martini:

you get points for picking the winning team, PLUS points for picking the final score of the tie correctly.

Everyone selected Russia, so everyone got the points for the winning team. But no one picked the correct final score of the tie.
    Right, Moose... For the Fed Cup final, it was 8 points for picking the right team and 1 point for guessing the correct score... Since the final score for the tie was 4-0 (the doubles match never happened), then anyone who predicted 5-0 or 4-1 got the extra point. The only way someone wouldn't have gotten the extra point was if they had predicted Russia 3-2.

For the Davis Cup semis this week, it'll be 4 points for the correct team and 1 point for the correct score.

Dry

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Ahhh, thanks, I thought you had to get the final score perfect to get any points (and didn't know that they didn't play the fifth match).

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Right, Moose... For the Fed Cup final, it was 8 points for picking the right team and 1 point for guessing the correct score... Since the final score for the tie was 4-0 (the doubles match never happened), then anyone who predicted 5-0 or 4-1 got the extra point. The only way someone wouldn't have gotten the extra point was if they had predicted Russia 3-2.

For the Davis Cup semis this week, it'll be 4 points for the correct team and 1 point for the correct score.

Dry
    I still find the system a little odd. Say Russia won 3-2. Someone who picked Italy 3-2 would get zero points, while a person who picked Russia 5-0 would get 8 points. It seems strange because the first person was actually closer to the score, but gets 8 less points. Meh.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    I still find the system a little odd. Say Russia won 3-2. Someone who picked Italy 3-2 would get zero points, while a person who picked Russia 5-0 would get 8 points. It seems strange because the first person was actually closer to the score, but gets 8 less points. Meh.
    Not following, Charlie. Isn't 5-0 closer to 4-0 than 3-2?

Dry

Congratulations to MysterX, MMMM8 and to Lindsay Davenport on a stellar return. I'm finally giving up on Jelena--so I'm sure she'll win this week
    World Series or Bust!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast