Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Day 10 Men's Pick - US Open SP

Congratulations and Welcome to Day 10 of the men’s suicide pool for the United States Open – 2007 edition. There are under ten players remaining. Quite an accomplishment.

Remember, once you use a player, you can never use them again. There is a “picks and results thread” posted and updated once a day so you can check the choices you have already made. PLEASE CHECK THE THREAD OUT. It’s more important now that you double-check you have not used a player before. WE HAVE LOST PLAYERS WHO HAVE MADE DOUBLE-PICKS.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU FOLLOW THE POSTED SCHEDULE OF PLAY BELOW. BE CAREFUL.

Post your Day 10 pick by replying IN THIS THREAD. Your pick must be in by Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 11:00 AM New York time (east coast), 8:00 AM on the west coast. For those in Europe, London is five (5) hours later than the east coast. Don’t be late as we hate making those hard decisions, but we will. This thread will be locked at 11:00 AM EDT, rain or shine, and no matter if either of the men’s matches starts at 11:00 AM, so please don't wait until the last minute or you may find it locked when you hit "post".

Best of luck!

Wednesday’s schedule of play consists of the TWO QUARTERFINAL MATCHES FROM THE TOP half of the men’s draw:

(1) Roger Federer (SUI) vs. (5)Andy Roddick (USA)
    (4)Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs (10)Tommy Haas (GER)

Weekend Warrior

Re: Day 10 Men's Pick - US Open SP

seeing as i've already picked 3 of the 4 people on this list, i'm left to pick Federer. this is all blake's fault.

good news, i make it to the next round. bad news, i can't beat the draw. i hope i can at least make it to the finals.

Tommy Haas

I'll take Davydenko, hopefully he can match his US Open preformance last year and make it to the semis again.

tennis nut
    Awards Showcase

Ugh, I'm going to be out of choices.

Federer
    Tennis - the sport for a lifetime.

I have to pick....Federer!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

3 Federer, 1 Haas, 1 Davydenko...1 to pick.

Had no idea so many of you were in that bad shape. If anyone beats the draw...major kudos!

It's actualy no longer possible for any of us to beat the draw. for that reason it would proably be safer and smarter to pick federer I just can't do it though and will take Tommy Haas.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Forgot to check that after the Nadal loss..you're right, no one will beat the draw now. Unfortunate.

I wonder how I would've done if Gasuqet hadn't withdrawn. All along I planned federer over Djokovic in the finals, and was planning to take Nadal early. Good luck to those left.

Weekend Warrior

looking ahead, the only way i can win is if djokovic (god forbids) loses tomorrow, which would make a 3-way or 4-way tie, right?

again, looking ahead, if i made it to the semis but can't make a pick, do i get credit for making it to the semis? anyone know?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by toneeg78 View Post
    looking ahead, the only way i can win is if djokovic (god forbids) loses tomorrow, which would make a 3-way or 4-way tie, right?

again, looking ahead, if i made it to the semis but can't make a pick, do i get credit for making it to the semis? anyone know?
    If someone actually has a choice for the semis left, they come out ahead for at least setting it up to have a choice.

In the event of a tie, everyone wins a medal, but we will have a tiebreaker for the prize (details to come but it will involve the final).

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Day 10 officially closed.