Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 48 123451126 ... LastLast

CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD

If anyone wants to talk college feetball here's the place. If not, I'll just talk to myself.

That Michigan loss has to be one of the biggest upsets of all time. I hate Michigan even more now for making the Big Ten look bad. Ohio State won of course ...

GO BUCKS
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Re: CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447 View Post
    If anyone wants to talk college feetball here's the place. If not, I'll just talk to myself.

That Michigan loss has to be one of the biggest upsets of all time. I hate Michigan even more now for making the Big Ten look bad. Ohio State won of course ...

GO BUCKS
    I was looking for someone to talk to about this. Major, major upset.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I was looking for someone to talk to about this. Major, major upset.
    Michigan special teams lost it for them. Two blocked field goals means that they have a lot of work to do!

It will be interesting to see what Appalachian St. does now. Are they really good or does Michigan just suck?

It will be interesting to see what Appalachian St. does now. Are they really good or does Michigan just suck?
    They've won the Division 1-AA for the past two years.

jj
    Blue Steel

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    They've won the Division 1-AA for the past two years.

jj
    Yes, but a 1AA team has never beaten a ranked 1A team before. That's a big step, and against a Michigan team that was loaded and poised for a title run. App St. would have to be one special IAA team for this loss not to spell doom for the remainder of Michigan's season. They may be able to use the loss as motivation but I doubt it. Michigan sucks eggs.

Yes, but a 1AA team has never beaten a ranked 1A team before. That's a big step, and against a Michigan team that was loaded and poised for a title run. App St. would have to be one special IAA team for this loss not to spell doom for the remainder of Michigan's season. They may be able to use the loss as motivation but I doubt it. Michigan sucks eggs.
    I wouldn't disagree with any of this. I think the only reason Michigan organized this game was as a nod for App St.'s accomplishments in 1AA, and to have a gimme for their opener. It obviously bit them in the ass. I'm currently in transition between App State and UNC and on Friday I can't tell you how many people I heard say "I hope they can at least score once."

jj
    Blue Steel

It was a mistake for Michigan to schedule Appalachian State. They're too good an unknown. Appalachian State was like the girl at the boy's wrestling meet. If you beat her, you only beat a girl, woo hoo. But if you lose to her, you are in for a world of ridicule.

Michigan dropped out of the top 25 today, from 5th to 32nd (if they ranked that far down). Anyone else find that a wee bit excessive?
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    It was a mistake for Michigan to schedule Appalachian State. They're too good an unknown. Appalachian State was like the girl at the boy's wrestling meet. If you beat her, you only beat a girl, woo hoo. But if you lose to her, you are in for a world of ridicule.

Michigan dropped out of the top 25 today, from 5th to 32nd (if they ranked that far down). Anyone else find that a wee bit excessive?
    1A teams schedule quality 1AA teams all the time. The only mistakes Michigan made were involved with their preparation for this game. This happens every year with Michigan. They always have a surprising early season loss. I think the loss speaks to how poorly Carr prepares his team for the start of the season against lesser opponents. And I think 32 is about right following that loss. They'll probably creep their way back up but they have a lot of proving to do.
    Last edited by Sebastien447; 09-05-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Michigan has hit rock bottom.

Michigan has hit rock bottom.

Ugh, I know. And I still am obliged to use my season tickets.

But at least my Redskins won!

The Ohio State Buckeyes are #1. Back where we belong!

GO BUCKS

I just got back from Tampa, and people there are ecstatic about USF being #2.

I still think that CFB has a lot of problems, most notably the fact that a team can go undefeated and not win the whole thing, but it's nice to see this underdog doing well.

And I wish the Buckeyes all the best...in the Alamo Bowl .

GO BLUE!!!

USF should be #1. They have much better wins. They are actually the clear #1 with the BCS computers but the Bucks get more love in the human polls.

One question though, how could a 12-0 team go to the Alamo Bowl?

USF should be #1. They have much better wins. They are actually the clear #1 with the BCS computers but the Bucks get more love in the human polls.

One question though, how could a 12-0 team go to the Alamo Bowl?
    By losing in Ann Arbor by seventy to end their season...duh.

LOL! We may not give up 70 points for the entire season!

BTW, I'm a Skins fan too ... boo hoo hoo!

Page 1 of 48 123451126 ... LastLast