Agree Agree:  6
Likes Likes:  10
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25404647484950

Re: CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD

i didn't know this.

Joel D. Anderson
    @byjoelanderson
    This is a good rule that I’ve tried to informally follow for the past few years. “Student-athlete” is a term of art, created so the NCAA and its member institutions could dodge worker’s compensation claims. Sportswriters don’t have to use it.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Detroit Free Press
    @freep
    Sources: Big Ten expected to cancel football season; no games for Michigan, Michigan State in 2020

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...=snd-autopilot

Nicole Auerbach Face with medical mask
    @NicoleAuerbach
    Can confirm, via source, that the Big Ten will announce that the fall football season is canceled. League will try to play in the spring.

Announcement is expected to come at 3 ET, as I mentioned earlier.

Nicole Auerbach Face with medical mask
    @NicoleAuerbach

Statement from Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren:

Pac-12 To Postpone Season
    August 11th, 2020 at 3:07pm CST by Sam Robinson

Not long after the Big Ten revealed it would try spring football to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, the Pac-12 will follow suit. The conference will soon announce it will not play football this fall, Stadium’s Brett McMurphy reports (on Twitter).

The expectation is the Pac-12 will also attempt a spring season, though The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman tweets the conference’s medical experts are not currently optimistic college football will be viable then either. Regardless, Tuesday now serves as one of the most pivotal days in NCAA history.

Two of the Power 5 conferences have declared they are done for 2020, leaving the ACC, Big 12 and SEC left to decide when their seasons will occur (if they are to occur). Should the latter three leagues decide to go ahead with fall slates — as each did upon releasing schedules just days ago — a historic split season would stand to take place.

Pac-12 draft prospects are set to join their Big Ten brethren, however, with most surely set to skip a spring season in order to avoid risk. In between the Big Ten and Pac-12 season postponements, NFL.com’s Mike Garafolo noted the NFL remained on track to hold its draft in late April (video link). With two Power 5 leagues now on track to try spring football, that will put the NFL to a test.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...ostpone-season

Would be very hard to have a split season. Sounds like the whole thing will have to be postponed.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

This shouldn't cause problems, right? What is the point of reducing capacity if you're going to let them sit this close to one another?

Marc Ryan
    @MarcRyanOnAir

Call me a curmudgeon, but what exactly are the crowd rules in this Southern Miss game?

Masks?

Social distancing?

Not what I expected this to look like.

Bruce Feldman
    @BruceFeldmanCFB
    BREAKING: #NotreDame's upcoming game on Sept. 26 against #WakeForest has been postponed, ND announces. ND had seven positive tests on Monday.

I am (normally) a huge Irish fan in college football...and only now looked up to see how they did in their first two games...I didn't even realize the big ten was "back." Not paying any attention this year so far.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

I'm surprised they announced it already. I'm sure they were scrambling to figure out a way around it. There's been postponements on the paltry schedule every week, and barely a word about it.

Major college football program coach tests positive for covid? ESPN and sports news barely gives it a mention. Priorities. Let's play some football!

God help us all.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25404647484950