Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast

Re: CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447 View Post
    Big Ten officiating has always been horrendous. Every year it's the same pathetic mess of missed calls and phantom calls. I'm surprised by nothing.

Just a note though ... the crew doing the Oregon game last night would do the Big Ten proud. They missed such an incredibly obvious personal foul type facemask penalty. The Arizona player twisted the Oregon runner down by his facemask and nothing was called. They'll be calling those guys over to the Big Ten soon. They'd fit right in!
    No officiating conference is as bad as the Sun Belt...letting Nebraska players run off the sidelines to end the last play of the Alamo Bowl is unimpressive, to say the very least.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm glad the Buckeyes won... Who wouldn't celebrate a win by the good guys over those evil Wolverines?

But still... The Rose Bowl doesn't seem like enough.

Dry
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Well, I'm glad the Buckeyes won... Who wouldn't celebrate a win by the good guys over those evil Wolverines?

Dry
    Spare a thought for oohsalmon. Kick him while he's down, why don't you.

He's not gonna like you calling his Wolverines evil.
    The artist formerly known as Jessie181

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    Spare a thought for oohsalmon. Kick him while he's down, why don't you.

He's not gonna like you calling his Wolverines evil.
    Oh please, no self-respecting Ohioan would ever spare a sympathetic thought for those little, anti-christic wannabes known as the Wolverines. They are evil and must be destroyed. The whole lot.

But I must confess, the Michiganders on this board are an awfully nice bunch, which is why I'm NOT gloating. As for my trashing of the Wolverines, I can't help it. I'm a product of my upbringing.

Dry
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Tour Pro
    Awards Showcase

Currently University of Missouri, wished it was still Houston

shame michigan had no offense, couldve been a great game today.

on the other hand, my school missouri is on track to whoop up on kansas next week, oklahoma the following, and on to the title game!!!
    "well jesus christ i'm alone again, so what did you do those three days you were dead? cause this problems gonna last, more than the weekend..." ~ brand new

Dry
    There are so many spoiled baby Buckeye fans. It's embarrassing. They cry and whine over ONE loss. The Rose Bowl isn't good enough! Good grief! It has been a fabulous year! And, even though I grew up in Columbus, I never bought into all the Michigan hatred ... just moronic if you ask me.
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsd123789456 View Post
    shame michigan had no offense, couldve been a great game today.
    Oh, it was a great game! The Buckeye D clamped down and completely shut down the Michigan offense! They saved Henne and Hart for us but it didn't matter! 92 YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE!!! Now that's great D baby!!!

Oh, it was a great game! The Buckeye D clamped down and completely shut down the Michigan offense! They saved Henne and Hart for us but it didn't matter! 92 YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE!!! Now that's great D baby!!!
    Congrats on the win and the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl. Good stuff, and wholly deserved based on your performance today and the whole season.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that it was a good game. Not to get too Serena, but we played HORRIBLE offense almost the whole time. OSU D did a great job of not letting us get in a rhythm, but the amount of terrible passes and drops was absolutely astounding. The game actually was kind of...dull. Which is pretty stunning for a Michigan-OSU battle.

Henne sucks. I've been vocally anti-Henne for just about as long as I've been at Michigan, since we lost to Notre Dame in 05. He is one of the dumbest humans ever to take a snap. Carr's decision to keep putting him back in while Mallett got arguably our best drive of the last three quarters was maddening.

Thank you everyone for all your graciousness with this.

But to be a sore loser for a second, the Bucks dropped at least a dozen would-be interceptions
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

There are so many spoiled baby Buckeye fans. It's embarrassing. They cry and whine over ONE loss. The Rose Bowl isn't good enough! Good grief! It has been a fabulous year! And, even though I grew up in Columbus, I never bought into all the Michigan hatred ... just moronic if you ask me.
    No kidding...it can be a LOT worse than 1 loss and the Rose Bowl. Spoiled Buckeye fans!

And remember...it's not 100% they won't play in the championship game yet. They'll be #5 with #2 and #3 playing each other, and then (probably) having to survive Oklohoma, considered by many to be the top of those teams. Then they just need West Virginia or LSU to slip in one of their last two games. Crazier things have happened in college football!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    No kidding...it can be a LOT worse than 1 loss and the Rose Bowl. Spoiled Buckeye fans!

And remember...it's not 100% they won't play in the championship game yet. They'll be #5 with #2 and #3 playing each other, and then (probably) having to survive Oklohoma, considered by many to be the top of those teams. Then they just need West Virginia or LSU to slip in one of their last two games. Crazier things have happened in college football!
    Well, you should hear some of the dopes over on the Buckeye board. They say Boeckman is a horrible, Tressel is a bad coach, all kinds of moronic crap. I'm sorry to be so tough on dry but I'm sick of all these spoiled fans. We are 11-1 and they still complain. They give the Buckeyes a bad name. I can sometimes see why some people hate the Buckeyes.

And you're right, Ohio State definitely has a decent shot at getting back to the NC game, but I'd be more than happy with the Rose Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that it was a good game. Not to get too Serena, but we played HORRIBLE offense almost the whole time.
    Well, it's the old debate. Was it good defense or bad offense. I say that the Buckeyes are great. You say that Michigan sucks. Okay, you win, Michigan sucks!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Oh relax, Sebs. I'm not whining. I'm just saying they'd have been a lock for the national championship game if Illinois hadn't gotten away from them.

And I'm not hating on Michigan. Since you didn't pick up on it, it's called tongue in cheek humor. Any of our Michigan posters can tell you that I tease them about it.

Yes, it has still be a great season. I was just hoping for more.

Dry

Oh relax, Sebs. I'm not whining. I'm just saying they'd have been a lock for the national championship game if Illinois hadn't gotten away from them.

And I'm not hating on Michigan. Since you didn't pick up on it, it's called tongue in cheek humor. Any of our Michigan posters can tell you that I tease them about it.

Yes, it has still be a great season. I was just hoping for more.

Dry
    Good grief dry, you whine all the time about the Buckeyes. You're KING of the whiners! Just admit it.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Well, you should hear some of the dopes over on the Buckeye board. They say Boeckman is a horrible, Tressel is a bad coach, all kinds of moronic crap. I'm sorry to be so tough on dry but I'm sick of all these spoiled fans. We are 11-1 and they still complain. They give the Buckeyes a bad name. I can sometimes see why some people hate the Buckeyes.
    Exactly. Some of us poor souls are celebrating our 2nd win, nearly 20 years from our last national title. Buckeye fans saying woe are them deserved the Illinois loss.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast