Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast

Re: CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD CFB THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447 View Post
    Ooooooh baby! That's the kind of smack I'm used to over on the Buckeye board, not used to getting smacked around by the genteel tennis fans, NICE!

But you're not much of a meatchicken fan if you don't care if your team wins or loses. Me, my heart was ripped out yesterday. The Illini played one hell of a game though. Kudos to them. Now it's time to get ready to smack ttun around again! GO BUCKEYES!!!
    You're welcome. Being a huge Flyers fan, it's not in my blood to be genteel about sports. I cheer when Devils fans get beaten up in the parking lot.

I wouldn't say that being pessimistic about the Wisky game makes me any less of a Michigan fan. I had picked Wisconsin to win the Big Ten this season, and I'm just pissed that the only time they played well was against us. And with all our injuries, and the insignificance of that game to our conference title hopes, I was fine with Carr resting Hart and Henne so they can do some nutcracking next week.

But it must really suck to be you, having your hopes blown of getting to be embarrassed in another title game, that little flame of hope growing bigger and bigger until it gets smothered by a team who we beat by ten in Champaign. That's gonna be a tough letdown to overcome in a week.

Have you already made hotel reservations in San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl? I hear western Texas is lovely that time of year.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    You're welcome. Being a huge Flyers fan, it's not in my blood to be genteel about sports. I cheer when Devils fans get beaten up in the parking lot.

I wouldn't say that being pessimistic about the Wisky game makes me any less of a Michigan fan. I had picked Wisconsin to win the Big Ten this season, and I'm just pissed that the only time they played well was against us. And with all our injuries, and the insignificance of that game to our conference title hopes, I was fine with Carr resting Hart and Henne so they can do some nutcracking next week.

But it must really suck to be you, having your hopes blown of getting to be embarrassed in another title game, that little flame of hope growing bigger and bigger until it gets smothered by a team who we beat by ten in Champaign. That's gonna be a tough letdown to overcome in a week.

Have you already made hotel reservations in San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl? I hear western Texas is lovely that time of year.
    Remember three things ...

1) Remember your post after The Bucks beat Michigan for the FOURTH STRAIGHT YEAR! (and 6 out of the last 7)

2) Remember that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Ohio State. Nothing was expected from them this year. 11-1 with a BCS Bowl Bid exceeds anyone's wildest expectations! We weren't the best team in the country this year, but we will be next year!

3) Remember that it was supposed to be Michigan's year, this year, and they've fallen flat on their faces, lost to a DIAA team and embarrassed the entire conference in the process. When they lose to Ohio State AGAIN, Carr will be forced out and you'll be looking for a coach.
    Last edited by Sebastien447; 11-12-2007 at 08:02 AM.
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I guess no matter how bad it gets at ND...at least we didn't lose to a Div I AA team! That's all I can hang my hat on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    I guess no matter how bad it gets at ND...at least we didn't lose to a Div I AA team! That's all I can hang my hat on this year.
    That's only because you didn't play a DIAA team.

I know it's a little transitive, but Notre Dame lost by how much to the team who lost to the Div I AA defending champions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447 View Post
    Remember three things ...

1) Remember your post after The Bucks beat Michigan for the FOURTH STRAIGHT YEAR! (and 6 out of the last 7)

2) Remember that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Ohio State. Nothing was expected from them this year. 11-1 with a BCS Bowl Bid exceeds anyone's wildest expectations! We weren't the best team in the country this year, but we will be next year!

3) Remember that it was supposed to be Michigan's year, this year, and they've fallen flat on their faces, lost to a DIAA team and embarrassed the entire conference in the process. When they lose to Ohio State AGAIN, Carr will be forced out and you'll be looking for a coach.
    That's a lot of remembering to ask someone to do. You may not realize that because your heartbreaking national championship hopes-dashing loss was just this Saturday.

Aside from Appalachian State and a loss to the eventual National Champions, Oregon, we have been plagued by injury to our two stars, our Heisman hopefuls, Henne and Hart. That we were able to win eight straight with these two hobbled is a credit to us.

So yeah, your results have generally been a lot better than ours, although we clearly had a much tougher schedule.

Anywho, I'll be there Saturday to see whatever goes down. With Henne and Hart rested, and Big Ten Title and the Rose Bowl on the line, it should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    That's a lot of remembering to ask someone to do. You may not realize that because your heartbreaking national championship hopes-dashing loss was just this Saturday.

Aside from Appalachian State and a loss to the eventual National Champions, Oregon, we have been plagued by injury to our two stars, our Heisman hopefuls, Henne and Hart. That we were able to win eight straight with these two hobbled is a credit to us.

So yeah, your results have generally been a lot better than ours, although we clearly had a much tougher schedule.

Anywho, I'll be there Saturday to see whatever goes down. With Henne and Hart rested, and Big Ten Title and the Rose Bowl on the line, it should be fun.
    Man you caved quick. Okay, if we must, I'll be civil. Good luck on Saturday. Let the best team win. Michigan has a great program and the Bucks will have to be at their best to win and blah blah blah I think I'm going to be sick.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

My big question for now is ... do you think the Big 12 champ can move up to #2? (assuming LSU and Oregon also win out)

If Kansas finish undefeated, beating #5 Oklahoma and #6 Missouri, I can't see how they don't get (at least) #2. Missouri could also finish with wins of OK and Kansas, making them have a strong case for #2. Oklahoma may be in the worst position of the three since they'll only have the one marquee matchup left.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I'm too depressed, Sebs... The only good news is that they still have a shot at a national title game... But the fact that they faltered late in the season rather than earlier is probably going to be their death knell.

Dry
    Move Oregon out of there and lift the Buckeyes up one spot dry! If we beat Michigan ... who knows eh?

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Ohio state need a lot to get in - I can see them passing West Virginia without a WV loss, but they won't pass any of the other 5 teams unless they lose - good news is 2 are guarenteed to.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

For you Buckeyes fans, first piece fell into place with Oregon going down last night.

For Notre Dame fans like me...we need about 100 teams to lose 8 more to have a shot!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ohio state need a lot to get in - I can see them passing West Virginia without a WV loss, but they won't pass any of the other 5 teams unless they lose - good news is 2 are guarenteed to.
    PT, we're talking Ohio sports here... As an Ohio native, I can tell you with absolute certainty... We NEVER get THAT kind of luck. It just doesn't happen. It's as if God knew about the 2000 election several decades ago.

Dry
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Did any of the Buckeye fans read about refereeing mistake the Big 10 made in the Ohio State-Illinois game last week? Apparently the officiating crew was suspended for their call of the Purdue-Penn game earlier this month, but were still allowed to call this game.

Quote Originally Posted by mznblue View Post
    Did any of the Buckeye fans read about refereeing mistake the Big 10 made in the Ohio State-Illinois game last week? Apparently the officiating crew was suspended for their call of the Purdue-Penn game earlier this month, but were still allowed to call this game.
    Big Ten officiating has always been horrendous. Every year it's the same pathetic mess of missed calls and phantom calls. I'm surprised by nothing.

Just a note though ... the crew doing the Oregon game last night would do the Big Ten proud. They missed such an incredibly obvious personal foul type facemask penalty. The Arizona player twisted the Oregon runner down by his facemask and nothing was called. They'll be calling those guys over to the Big Ten soon. They'd fit right in!

The way we were pushed around by Illinois I don't think I want the Buckeyes in the NC game this year. If everything fell into place and we did happen to make it to the big game, all we'd hear would be how we backed into the game by default ... then if we lost ... Nah, I'd rather see us beat Michigan, and springboard the Rose Bowl into a NC in 2008. Next year is the year.

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast