Agree Agree:  42
Likes Likes:  265
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2045606667686970
Results 1,036 to 1,038 of 1038

Thread: The Kitchen

Re: The Kitchen

I was just wondering is there something you like, but eat very rarely either because of cost or difficulty of prepearing?

For my parents it's a smoked European eel. We eat it on a white bread sandwich with butter. We've ordered one for tomorrow when we celebrate midsummer night.
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I was just wondering is there something you like, but eat very rarely either because of cost or difficulty of prepearing?

For my parents it's a smoked European eel. We eat it on a white bread sandwich with butter. We've ordered one for tomorrow when we celebrate midsummer night.
    I'll be the stereotypical Russian and say black caviar.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I am LOVING the local Mennonite store. I just picked up a 40-lb. box of huge, absolutely gorgeous chicken breasts. The two breasts are still attached. No big deal. We just threw each pair of breasts in a quart-size Ziploc bag (most of them BARELY fit) and put them in the freezer. (Except one pair that was too big for a quart-size bag... That pair needed a gallon-size bag.)

But here's the best part. We ended up with 17 pairs of breasts--that's at least 17 meals, 20 or so if you use just one breast to make jambalaya a few times--at a cost of $1.28/pound.
    I'm following up on my post from April 24. I am thawing out the last pair of chicken breasts tonight and placed an order at the Mennonite store for another 40-pound box of chicken breasts. The price went up a little to $1.48/pound. I'm fine with that. I will pick it up Wednesday.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2045606667686970