Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kitchen

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: The Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I can't stand her either. My daughter watched her story on "Chefography" and said she's had a rough life and battles alcoholism. While my child is telling me this she's using vanilla extract, brandy and god knows what other alcoholic beverage during the show we're watching.
    Guess I'll call her Sandrababy.
    I think I mistakenly called her show "Half-Baked with Sara Lee" last time. Perhaps that's even more appropriate than I knew?
    S

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evil_juju View Post
    ok dont mean to upstage ya'll

but i got 10 of 10!
    s'OK ... we know you took the quiz more than once

S

mmmm8 is my hero!
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    s'OK ... we know you took the quiz more than once

S
    hehe you caught me!

but really my job is working for a kitchen retailer and i have a a culinary degree!

My local wine seller sends out emails suggesting wines an individual might like based on their purchases. They recommended two Spanish reds. I'm not a red wine fan - hate Merlots and Sirachs because they're too heavy but I was looking for something moderately priced and nice with a steak or lamb.

I was impressed with the first bottle - Mas de Leda 2004
    I just cracked open the second one and I'm equally impressed. It's El Quintanal 2005 Ribera del Duero. It's slightly peppery instead of being heavily so like a Sirach.

I also had a Chianti recently that was totally outrageous but at about $50 a bottle it should have been. I had that while out with friends so I don't remember the name.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

What kind is Mas de Leda?

I don't like red wines as much either, but I'll do chianti and shiraz.

And among Spanish wines, I generally like Riojas.

I've been drinking a lot of Rioja. I think that's why they sent me the suggestion.

The place is called PJ Wines and Liquors. And they deliver. The place is worth a visit though. It's on 204th and Broadway. Not the place you'd think to find a great Wine and Liquor store but they're one of the best in the city. The staff is very knowledgeable as well. They also have a web site so you can Google them.

Both of these wines were reds.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Riojas are great for cooking too. Fry pork or maybe a NY strip steak and then add the wine to a roux -- delicious!

jj
    Blue Steel

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I've been drinking a lot of Rioja. I think that's why they sent me the suggestion.

The place is called PJ Wines and Liquors. And they deliver. The place is worth a visit though. It's on 204th and Broadway. Not the place you'd think to find a great Wine and Liquor store but they're one of the best in the city. The staff is very knowledgeable as well. They also have a web site so you can Google them.

Both of these wines were reds.
    Interesting. Wonder how far they deliver.

I've been shopping at a store on 96th and Madison since it's on my way from work. Pretty good selection of inexpensive stuff. I also just got 2 really cheapo bottles from Fresh Direct. I wonder how they'll go

I think we'll enjoy the wine tasting Saturday

Maybe it'll make Ryan Sweeting look like Robert Kendrick

Oh. My. God. I just made a bouillabaisse that made my husband....welll.... do the math.

Never made it before.

I'll be making it regularly.

As the "Angel Eyes" lyric goes:

'xcuse me while I disappear...

The Kitchen

Do we have one of these? There are a lot of foodies here it seems, so post your favorite recipes or just muse about what you like to eat.

Anyone like fried green tomatoes? Since the cool weather has made it virtually impossible for tomatoes to ripen on the vine in Maine this year, I just cooked up a batch. A little salt and pepper, a little flour, a seasoned bread crumb, and bit of bacon grease. Have mercy. I could eat them all day.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: The Food Thread

I think we have one. Let me dig it up

Here it is. I moved Craig's post into it.

Duh. How did I forget about this? Guess because food is at once a novelty and always on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by craighickman View Post
    Do we have one of these? There are a lot of foodies here it seems, so post your favorite recipes or just muse about what you like to eat.

Anyone like fried green tomatoes? Since the cool weather has made it virtually impossible for tomatoes to ripen on the vine in Maine this year, I just cooked up a batch. A little salt and pepper, a little flour, a seasoned bread crumb, and bit of bacon grease. Have mercy. I could eat them all day.
    I love them too, Craig. I've known lots of people to eat them with a pan gravy. Personally, I think that drowns out the flavor of the tomato.

Lately I've been craving scuppernongs. My grandfather used to have vines of them alongside muscadines growing in his garden. By this time of year we'd have buckets full. We would preserve them or my grandmother would make fresh jelly. Someone disastrously tried to make homemade wine (moonshine) once. It's rare to find either grape these days.

Fresh squash would be good too. I think I'm just really hungry right now.

jj
    Blue Steel

Pan gravy and fried tomatoes is overkill.

I like fried red ones, too.

How do you like your fresh squash? Which kind to you prefer?

I love butternut squash the most. But of the summer variety, it's neck-and-neck between zucchini and yellow summer squash.

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!

I just ate...and Now I'm hungry again..'cause of you all!!
    lol

My curiosity got the best of me, and I clicked on this thread...started reading, and BAM! I get hungry again.

Monsters, the whole lot of you!

you all just want to fatten me up.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast