Agree Agree:  10
Likes Likes:  38
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 530455152535455

Re: Great Tennis Journalism

About Ramos:
    So he called Nadal TWICE in a match for slow play and Nadal complained. Sorry, point Ramos. Everybody knows Nadal is super slow. I really do not see how that is being a stickler. As much of a fan as I am of Nadal, I really wish he would speed up his silly routine (if not wipe it away altogether). I see no fault by Ramos there.
    And let's not even get to Uncle Toni coaching Rafa.

Ok, a bit of inconsistency at the Kei/Novak match. But: why would Ramos call the warning on Novak and not on Kei, unless he really did not see it? Are we implying that Ramos has favorites in the sport? At a least, we should be calling Ramos to be even MORE strict: you called it on Novak, call it on Kei. Pay more attention.

Andy. You called the chair "stupid umpiring", not "stupid umpire". What is the difference? The PHYSICAL chair is making the umpiring, not Ramos? And besides, you said those words in your thick Scottish accent and you expect Ramos to clearly hear what you said?

It seems to me that what we have here is an umpire willing to apply the rules and, perhaps most importantly, confident enough to apply them to the biggest names in the sport. "I don't care if you have won 17 Grand Slams, you are taking too long between serves".

Please, give me more Ramos. I just hope he gets assigned to every Kyrgios/Zverev match ever.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by varactor View Post
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b046313fba46c1

Male Tennis Star Jamie Murray Calls Serena Williams’ Sexism Claims ‘A Bit Far-Fetched’

This makes it sound like 1) Jamie is in favor of sexism, and 2) Andy actually commented on the Serena controversy.
    You are right.
    Starry starry night

"Roberto Bautista Agut didn’t waste his win over Novak Djokovic as he won the Qatar Open by beating Tomas Berdych 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 in the final on Saturday.

A day after upsetting the world No. 1, Bautista Agut held off Berdych to win his ninth ATP title.

Bautista Agut missed three chances to lead 5-1 in the third set, then Berdych blew two chances to get the deciding set back on serve at 4-2 down. Those were the Swede’s last chances."

https://apnews.com/718a0aee8a484bb3b76df547d5df1cb5

The writer of that article converted Berdych to a Swede.....or else Berdych must have moved recently.

GH

Sorry.....I just realized which thread we are on. That "Swede" remark is the only reason you posted that article.

GH

Berdych is now a Swede? Does his family know?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

"By beating a player nearly half his age, the 37-year-old Federer continued his record of winning at least one title every season since his first in 2001 in Milan. Eight of his victories have come in Dubai."

https://apnews.com/611c6f1990f1420fa7b9272b5a239e29

As we all know, he came close, but didn't win a tournament in 2016.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 530455152535455