Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where you can purchase tennis match DVDs.

At the risk of being presumptuous, as Bea expressed wanting to see the Bartoli/Justine match, and as I've had posts on this subject before and had some PMs about this- I thought I'd just do a thread on my suggestions for where folks can purchase tennis match DVDs. SO, this is the nelslus "form letter" list, for folks who may find all of this useful.

When looking for purchasing tennis match DVDS, a lot will depend on what matches you want. Some are surprisingly cheap. Some require you to spend much time cultivating solid business relationships with folks before they might let you know of more rare, expensive tennis DVD options. It's all so bizarre- but folks swear ya to secrecy about rarer matches- so, as silly as this seems- I've gotta respect their wishes- and tell you all no more about specifically tracking down rare matches. (Ya gotta know, I protect my sources so I can get rare matches when I want them. Took a LONG time for some folks to trust me. Sheesh.) So, many of the following have websites for you to look through. I've been fine with all of the listed folks here- but, I also can be a very patient guy, at least when it comes to getting my tennis DVDs- so, I can't officially vouch for how well anyone else will get along with these folks.

And, I swear, I get no cut from any of these folks.

I should also tell you all that it is best that you have a multiregion DVD player, especially with the tennis DVD sellers from out of the U.S. Many new DVD players- even cheap ones- are multi-region, and will play PAL DVDs from England and Australia. We have a simple Phillips DVD player that works just fine. So, again, research this if you order from out of the U.S. Some of the tennis DVD sellers listed below will tell you that they can send you NTSC DVDs- but I've found that they don't work on our old NTSC-only DVD players. For example, the site listed as Replay Tennis below does NOT provide NTSC DVDs as the guy will tell you he does- at least not so in our case. So, again, check this out carefully if this is an issue for you. And tell the sellers if you must have NTSC only- or you'll need refunds if they don't work, just to save yourself any bother. Again, I strongly urge that you all get a multi-region DVD player if you're going to purchase ANY DVD outside the U.S.

These sites are much better concerning getting copies of modern-day match DVD's- but, if you're interested in today's matches, these are excellent sources. I should add that some are not that great with letting you know what are complete matches and what aren't. But, as in particular I've found a ton of doubles matches from Albert and Luke, and they're all inexpensive- I've tended just to let this go. You all might want to be more direct about this if this matters to you more (they're all good so far with being sure at least that you get the ends of the matches):

In any case, onto the list. You can contact:

*The Tennis Nexus- at http://www.geocities.com/masteroftennis779/ If you get one match, it's $9 (including shipping), more than one, it costs $8 each, again, including shipping. Not too many rare matches, but very good with current matches, and fast delivery. All DVD's in NTSC format. Guy's name is Matt.

*Albert's tennis DVD Collection- http://www.albert-dvd191.com/ I only do PAL DVDs with Albert- except when he lists some matches as NTSC only. This guy lives in Indonesia, believe it or not. He charges only $5 for each match that you want. To be sure that you get everything safe and sound from Indonesia, he does charge generally $25 for shipping also, as he uses DHL. I think he pretty much insists on doing it this way. I tend to wait until I have a bunch of matches I want before I order from him, because of this shipping charge. I'll tell you, this guy is super fast. He's gotten me my DVDs faster than just about all of the folks I get matches from in the U.S. Real nice guy. I should tell you, also, that when you PayPal him, he uses someone else's PayPal info for you to send the money to. This at first made me nervous (not to mention that he is SO far away)- but, I've placed a few orders with him already, and have had no problems.

*Classic Tennis Matches on DVD, http://www.classictennismatches.net/ This is the site of Laurie who lives in
    England. I only do PAL with Laurie. She doesn't have a ton of stuff, but she's a lot more affordable than, say, John Pooley, and good for recent matches that aren't shown in the US. She charges $10 per match. Gets stuff to you in a reasonable amount of time for someone so far away. Also real nice. If you buy 5 matches you get one free, and so far she has charged only $5 for shipping.

*Replay Tennis DVDs, http://replay-tennis-dvds.com/ This is the site of Matthew Radford from
    Australia. I advise ONLY to get PAL DVDs from this site. He's got some neat matches. Charges generally $9.95 per match- sometimes has deals for $7.75 per match. Flat fee for shipping of $5 no matter how many DVDs you get. I do have to say however that out of all my sellers recently, I have had a few problems with either the matches being of REALLY poor quality, and/or once in a while he'll tell you he doesn't have a certain match after all. However, he has always been good about doing substitutions.

*Champions of the Court, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paddyan...isdvdlist.html Luke's site, who is from
    England. I only get PAL DVDs from Luke- except if he has a match listed as NTSC only. His site can take a little while to boot up. Out of all my tennis DVD sellers, he is the slowest to get your purchases to you- at least he has been with me so far. However, what I respect is that he is very upfront from the beginning that it takes him awhile to get matches to you. He'll sometimes even let you know how many customers are ahead of you. He is very meticulous- and BTW has the neatest handwriting known to mankind (he writes out what is on each DVD on the DVD.) Here is how his site details pricing: "The prices of matches I sell are £5 for a single match on a single DVD or video, £7.50 for a single match on 2 DVDís or videos, £7.50 for multiple matches on a single DVD or video (as many as will fit). I can either do matches in SP (2 hours per DVD/4 hours per tape) or EP (4 hours per DVD/not available for video). Postage costs vary, usually free within the UK, £2 within Europe, and the rest of the world depends on how many DVDís/videos are ordered." Also a real nice guy.

Except for the matches he lists as NTSC (where you have to purchase just that one match as is), I have always gone for the combination DVDs with Luke, because he does a great job with this. You can shove as many matches as you want on one DVD, and he goes along with this for the £7.50. As long as it takes to get his DVDs- the wait has been well worth it for me every time.

*My friend ďDazeĒ from NYC at The International Chris Evert Enthusiasts Web Site at http://www.chrisevert.net/

*My internet tennis buddy Rick at http://www.geocities.com/ricksasha27560/

*You can e-mail Brian at BKSELES@aol.com- he pretty much copies everything from The Tennis Channel. Very affordable.

*You can e-mail Walter at wgiaco@sprynet.com

For a pricier option, and when all else fails, you can try Karen from a source in England called Sports Resources- http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/ Sheís very nice, but you REALLY have to want a match DVD from her, as the prices are higher (although her site DOES say that they have reduced their prices, so just ask her), AND, for example, she no longer takes American Express. Thatís my only credit card- so, when I want something from her- Iíve had to send a money order. Fortunately, as of late, Iím finding most of what she has on these other sites.

*John Pooley's site at http://www.tennis-videos.co.uk/index.html He ONLY does PAL DVDs, and they are a little pricier. He's a big Steffi fan- also Hingis and Kournikova. Still, he has some matches others don't.

*You can e-mail Claudio Fresch at voncramm@libero.it (That is his entire e-mail address.) He's from Italy- nice guy, his English is just a little rusty. His website is at http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/2489/wimble.html It's been a little while since I've ordered from him, so I'm not exactly sure of his prices.
    Last edited by nelslus; 07-23-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Re: Where you can purchase tennis match DVDs.

Thanks for this info!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Thanks, nelslus! Very much appreciated.

Fantastic overview, nelslus! This is a keeper!
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Blog Entries

Thanks Nelsus, I just pm'd someone and was about to pm you to ask this very question.

Foxy
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

awesome Nelslus. I have been wanting to find the Arantxa/Monica 98 French Final for some time, and its available. I hope it has the speech Arantxa gave, because it was about the most touching post-match speech I remember ever hearing
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

I remember using Sports Resources (the bigpond website) for a few tapes a few years ago. I didn't find it too pricey, although I can't remember what I paid. Plus it was the only place I could find the '86 US Open semi between Graf & Navratilova, and the '90 US Open final between Sabatini & Graf.

Incidentally, the only thing more enjoyable than the matches was watching the commercials from that era... esp. the one with the guy who impresses other drivers on the highway by getting on his car phone the size of a shoebox. Good times.
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

Sa-weet. Thanks for taking the time!

Just from this I was able to find the Hingis/Davenport USO final I've been looking for. You rock.

Wow, nelslus, that's an amazing amount of information. I thought I knew a thing or 2 about procuring tennis matches but I had no idea there were so many options and vendors and nuances. Thanks for the post! That was just amazing.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Since Martini4me asked about purchasing tennis DVDs- I now bump this thread. Here's a bit of editing, though, as one site listed in my initial post for this thread (Replay Tennis DVDs) no longer exists. Please note that prices may have changed since I started this thread:

SO, this is the nelslus "form letter" list, for folks who may find all of this useful.

When looking for purchasing tennis match DVDS, a lot will depend on what matches you want. Some are surprisingly cheap. Some require you to spend much time cultivating solid business relationships with folks before they might let you know of more rare, expensive tennis DVD options. It's all so bizarre- but folks swear ya to secrecy about rarer matches- so, as silly as this seems- I've gotta respect their wishes- and tell you all no more about specifically tracking down rare matches. (Ya gotta know, I protect my sources so I can get rare matches when I want them. Took a LONG time for some folks to trust me. Sheesh.) So, many of the following have websites for you to look through. I've been fine with all of the listed folks here- but, I also can be a very patient guy, at least when it comes to getting my tennis DVDs- so, I can't officially vouch for how well anyone else will get along with these folks.

And, I swear, I get no cut from any of these folks.

I should also tell you all that it is best that you have a multiregion DVD player, especially with the tennis DVD sellers from out of the U.S. Many new DVD players- even cheap ones- are multi-region, and will play PAL DVDs from England and Australia. We have a simple Phillips DVD player that works just fine. So, again, research this if you order from out of the U.S. Some of the tennis DVD sellers listed below will tell you that they can send you NTSC DVDs- but I've found that they don't work on our old NTSC-only DVD players. For example, the site listed as Replay Tennis below does NOT provide NTSC DVDs as the guy will tell you he does- at least not so in our case. So, again, check this out carefully if this is an issue for you. And tell the sellers if you must have NTSC only- or you'll need refunds if they don't work, just to save yourself any bother. Again, I strongly urge that you all get a multi-region DVD player if you're going to purchase ANY DVD outside the U.S.

These sites are much better concerning getting copies of modern-day match DVD's- but, if you're interested in today's matches, these are excellent sources. I should add that some are not that great with letting you know what are complete matches and what aren't. But, as in particular I've found a ton of doubles matches from Albert and Luke, and they're all inexpensive- I've tended just to let this go. You all might want to be more direct about this if this matters to you more (they're all good so far with being sure at least that you get the ends of the matches):

In any case, onto the list. You can contact:

*The Tennis Nexus- at http://www.geocities.com/masteroftennis779/ If you get one match, it's $9 (including shipping), more than one, it costs $8 each, again, including shipping. Not too many rare matches, but very good with current matches, and fast delivery. All DVD's in NTSC format. Guy's name is Matt.

*Albert's tennis DVD Collection- http://www.albert-dvd191.com/ I only do PAL DVDs with Albert- except when he lists some matches as NTSC only. This guy lives in Indonesia, believe it or not. He charges only $5 for each match that you want. To be sure that you get everything safe and sound from Indonesia, he does charge generally $25 for shipping also, as he uses DHL. I think he pretty much insists on doing it this way. I tend to wait until I have a bunch of matches I want before I order from him, because of this shipping charge. I'll tell you, this guy is super fast. He's gotten me my DVDs faster than just about all of the folks I get matches from in the U.S. Real nice guy. I should tell you, also, that when you PayPal him, he uses someone else's PayPal info for you to send the money to. This at first made me nervous (not to mention that he is SO far away)- but, I've placed a few orders with him already, and have had no problems.

*Classic Tennis Matches on DVD, http://www.classictennismatches.net/ This is the site of Laurie who lives in
    England. I only do PAL with Laurie. She doesn't have a ton of stuff, but she's a lot more affordable than, say, John Pooley, and good for recent matches that aren't shown in the US. She charges $10 per match. Gets stuff to you in a reasonable amount of time for someone so far away. Also real nice. If you buy 5 matches you get one free, and so far she has charged only $5 for shipping.

*Champions of the Court, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paddyan...isdvdlist.html Luke's site, who is from England. I only get PAL DVDs from Luke- except if he has a match listed as NTSC only. His site can take a little while to boot up. Out of all my tennis DVD sellers, he is the slowest to get your purchases to you- at least he has been with me so far. However, what I respect is that he is very upfront from the beginning that it takes him awhile to get matches to you. He'll sometimes even let you know how many customers are ahead of you. He is very meticulous- and BTW has the neatest handwriting known to mankind (he writes out what is on each DVD on the DVD.) Here is how his site details pricing: "The prices of matches I sell are £5 for a single match on a single DVD or video, £7.50 for a single match on 2 DVD’s or videos, £7.50 for multiple matches on a single DVD or video (as many as will fit). I can either do matches in SP (2 hours per DVD/4 hours per tape) or EP (4 hours per DVD/not available for video). Postage costs vary, usually free within the UK, £2 within Europe, and the rest of the world depends on how many DVD’s/videos are ordered." Also a real nice guy.

Except for the matches he lists as NTSC (where you have to purchase just that one match as is), I have always gone for the combination DVDs with Luke, because he does a great job with this. You can shove as many matches as you want on one DVD, and he goes along with this for the £7.50. As long as it takes to get his DVDs- the wait has been well worth it for me every time.

*My friend “Daze” from NYC at The International Chris Evert Enthusiasts Web Site at http://www.chrisevert.net/

*My internet tennis buddy Rick at http://www.geocities.com/ricksasha27560/

*You can e-mail Brian at BKSELES@aol.com- he pretty much copies everything from The Tennis Channel. Very affordable.

*You can e-mail Walter at wgiaco@sprynet.com

For a pricier option, and when all else fails, you can try Karen from a source in England called Sports Resources- http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/ She’s very nice, but you REALLY have to want a match DVD from her, as the prices are higher (although her site DOES say that they have reduced their prices, so just ask her), AND, for example, she no longer takes American Express. That’s my only credit card- so, when I want something from her- I’ve had to send a money order. Fortunately, as of late, I’m finding most of what she has on these other sites.

*John Pooley's site at http://www.tennis-videos.co.uk/index.html He ONLY does PAL DVDs, and they are a little pricier. He's a big Steffi fan- also Hingis and Kournikova. Still, he has some matches others don't.

*You can e-mail Claudio Fresch at voncramm@libero.it (That is his entire e-mail address.) He's from Italy- nice guy, his English is just a little rusty. His website is at http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/2489/wimble.html It's been a little while since I've ordered from him, so I'm not exactly sure of his prices.
    Last edited by nelslus; 12-14-2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Weekend Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bea26 View Post
    Just from this I was able to find the Hingis/Davenport USO final I've been looking for. You rock.

If your after any other Lindsay matches pm me with a list and I'll see if I can help you.

tennisteca

Hi!
    I'm italian boy.
    I have available more than 5000 very rare tennis matches on dvd from 1952
    You can contact me to mail tennisteca@yahoo.it for my update list
    Thanks!!!

Thought that I'd bump this thread- especially with this being TAT Secret Santa Season:

*My internet tennis buddy Rick at http://www.ricklovestennis.com/ Usually charges $10 per match, including shipping.

*The Tennis Nexus- at http://www.geocities.com/masteroftennis779/ The cost now is $7 regardless of the length of the match, plus shipping- $2 for 1 match, and $1 each for 2+ matches with a maximum shipping price of only $6. For countries outside the US, shipping varies. Not too many rare matches, but very good with current matches, and fast delivery. All DVD's in NTSC format. Guy's name is Matt.

*Albert's tennis DVD Collection-
    http://www.albert-dvd191.com/ I only do PAL DVDs with Albert- except when he lists some matches as NTSC only. This guy lives in Indonesia, believe it or not. He charges only $5 for each match that you want. To be sure that you get everything safe and sound from Indonesia, he does charge generally $25 for shipping also, as he uses DHL. I think he pretty much insists on doing it this way. I tend to wait until I have a bunch of matches I want before I order from him, because of this shipping charge. I'll tell you, this guy is super fast. He's gotten me my DVDs faster than just about all of the folks I get matches from in the U.S. Real nice guy. I should tell you, also, that when you PayPal him, he uses someone else's PayPal info for you to send the money to. This at first made me nervous (not to mention that he is SO far away)- but, I've placed a few orders with him already, and have had no problems.

*Classic Tennis Matches on DVD,
    http://www.classictennismatches.net/ This is the site of Laurie who lives in England. I only do PAL with Laurie. She doesn't have a ton of stuff, but she's a lot more affordable than, say, John Pooley, and good for recent matches that aren't shown in the US. She charges 6 pounds per match. Gets stuff to you in a reasonable amount of time for someone so far away. Also real nice.

*Champions of the Court, http://championsofthecourt.net46.net/ Luke's site, who is from England. I only get PAL DVDs from Luke- except if he has a match listed as NTSC only. Out of all my tennis DVD sellers, he is the slowest to get your purchases to you- at least he has been with me so far. However, what I respect is that he is very upfront from the beginning that it takes him awhile to get matches to you. He'll sometimes even let you know how many customers are ahead of you. He is very meticulous- and BTW has the neatest handwriting known to mankind (he writes out what is on each DVD on the DVD.) Here is how his site details pricing: " I also sell matches - usually for £5 each (nelslus'/Jeff's note- I believe he also charges for shipping? Not sure, it's been awhile since I've contacted him)- so please contact me if you are interested in a trade or want to purchase any matches. To contact me please email at: lukeghensi1@btinternet.com or lukeghensi@yahoo.co.uk." Also a real nice guy.

Except for the matches he lists as NTSC (where you have to purchase just that one match as is), I have always gone for the combination DVDs with Luke, because he does a great job with this. You can shove as many matches as you want on one DVD- and the wait has been well worth it for me every time.

*My friend “Daze” from NYC at The International Chris Evert Enthusiasts Web Site at
    http://www.chrisevert.net/

*You can e-mail Walter at
    wgiaco@sprynet.com

*You can e-mail Claudio Fresch at voncramm@libero.it (That is his entire e-mail address.) He's from Italy- nice guy, his English is just a little rusty. His website is at
    http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/2489/wimble.html It's been quite a while since I've ordered from him, so I'm not exactly sure of his prices.

I had no idea you were so connected.

No idea what PAL and NTSC are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast