Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 126
  1. #31

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by --cj-- View Post
    i was banking on a Murray comeback and now he's still out with that injury. Doh! I wish I could sub him out now, but i guess I should wait until we have a better idea of who will show up next week. Sigh.
    Definitely. Can't remember who else you have in your A category, but unless you skipped Roddick, the only major misser this week would be Haas - who has yet to prove he's healed up okay. This weeks is gonna be all about the B through D categories. Good luck to us all!
    Coach Marion, at your service!

  2. #32

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    This weeks is gonna be all about the B through D categories.
    Exactly what someone going to the event doesn't want to hear.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

  3. #33

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    Exactly what someone going to the event doesn't want to hear.
    Ehm... Ehm... Ehm... Ehhhhmmmm...

    It's not like top players guarantee good matches?

    You finally get a chance to see all the random scrubs you've always heard of, but never got round to checking out before?

    Coach Marion, at your service!

  4. #34

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    It was a great week for my team (and could have been even better had Spadea not choked!)

    I certainly hope to continue in the same manner even though this week's draw is not particularly fortunate with 6 out of 8 in the top half...

    Ideal scenario would be Haas-Lee/Karlovic final and first round defeats for Monfils, Delic, Becker, Clement and Fish!
    Roger forever

  5. #35

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    Ehm... Ehm... Ehm... Ehhhhmmmm...

    It's not like top players guarantee good matches?

    You finally get a chance to see all the random scrubs you've always heard of, but never got round to checking out before?

    Top players certainly don't guarantee good matches. But I was hoping that I'd get to see Murray crash and burn on an intimate side could so I could be a shoulder to cry on.

    Or something like that...
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

  6. #36

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    I would've been a winner if there was a game on who scores lowest!

  7. #37

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Juan Martin Del Potro. You lose to Wayne Odesnik? Are you KIDDING me? Did your hair get in front of your eyes? Did you spend too many hours looking at pictures of Martina Hingis? What did you have for dinner? WHAT?

    You'd better perform in Montreal AND Cincy.
    Coach Marion, at your service!

  8. #38

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Add Becker to my list of players I wish I'd never picked for my team. Mr. Letdown. Blech.
    Coach Marion, at your service!

  9. #39

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    Add Becker to my list of players I wish I'd never picked for my team. Mr. Letdown. Blech.
    Aren't you one of those substituting Fish out before this week?

    He goes down 7-6, 6-4 to Berrer. Luckily I didn't even consider picking him...
    Roger forever

  10. #40

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Aren't you one of those substituting Fish out before this week?

    He goes down 7-6, 6-4 to Berrer. Luckily I didn't even consider picking him...
    I had Mardy on my team, yeah. Thought he might do well in the smaller tournaments before and after Montreal and Cincy. Cost me a trade, basically. Oh well, we move on
    Coach Marion, at your service!

  11. #41

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    Juan Martin Del Potro. You lose to Wayne Odesnik? Are you KIDDING me? Did your hair get in front of your eyes? Did you spend too many hours looking at pictures of Martina Hingis? What did you have for dinner? WHAT?

    You'd better perform in Montreal AND Cincy.
    If I told you what I said when I saw this result, I'd put this thread straight into the dumpster.

    (Hint: it rhymes with sockplucker)

    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

  12. #42

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Down goes Clement!

    The only one feeling worse than those that had him in the HRTNY contest is Clement himself. As defending champ he'll drop from 30 to the mid-to-low 40s in the rankings. I, however, see this as justice for screwing me over on Day 1 of the US Open Suicide pool last year.

    (Hold a grudge? who, me??)
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

  13. #43

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Kirkus has just updated scores and Dry takes over the lead! Not by very much though - most of us are still in it.

    I have little doubt that this week’s tournament will be dominated by category A players so I checked who are the most popular choices. Out of 51 teams - Roddick 46 (90.2%) , Federer 34 (66.7%), Blake 26 (51%), Djokovic 15 (29.4%), Haas 9 (17.6%), Nadal 7 (13.7%), Murray 5 (9.8%), Gonzalez 4 (7.8%), Gasquet 3 (5.9%), Youzhny, Davydenko, Ferrer, Ljubicic all have 1 vote (2%). No one has chosen Robredo or Berdych. Fed-Roddick-Blake is the most popular combo.
    Roger forever

  14. #44

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Kirkus has just updated scores and Dry takes over the lead! Not by very much though - most of us are still in it.

    I have little doubt that this week’s tournament will be dominated by category A players so I checked who are the most popular choices. Out of 51 teams - Roddick 46 (90.2%) , Federer 34 (66.7%), Blake 26 (51%), Djokovic 15 (29.4%), Haas 9 (17.6%), Nadal 7 (13.7%), Murray 5 (9.8%), Gonzalez 4 (7.8%), Gasquet 3 (5.9%), Youzhny, Davydenko, Ferrer, Ljubicic all have 1 vote (2%). No one has chosen Robredo or Berdych. Fed-Roddick-Blake is the most popular combo.
    Go Youzhny!

    I'm very happy to have come in 6th for the week of Washington. My team was built for Washington success, and hopefully it will adjust decently to the Masters Series.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

  15. #45

    Re: The Hard Court Lounge

    Dry congrats on winning the THRNY week and taking the lead!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •