Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Random suggestion(s)

I have a random question.

Where it says on the bottom of the front page, "Most users ever online was.." I see members' names and then I see two unusual names Yahoo! Slurp (4), Google (1). What do those two names mean? I'm just curious.

And is there any way we can put our screen names on invisible mode?

Thanks.
    Avatar: "The King is dead, long live the King."

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
    I have a random question.

Where it says on the bottom of the front page, "Most users ever online was.." I see members' names and then I see two unusual names Yahoo! Slurp (4), Google (1). What do those two names mean? I'm just curious.

And is there any way we can put our screen names on invisible mode?

Thanks.
    The Yahoo! slurpies and all things Google are the bots those companies use to index websites. If it shows Yahoo! (4) that means four of their little workers were checking us out. Little horrors As for invisibility mode: no, that is not an option.
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    As for invisibility mode: no, that is not an option.
    I noticed that sometimes the member count be more than the names listed (example- 10 members but only see 9 names). Why
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    I noticed that sometimes the member count be more than the names listed (example- 10 members but only see 9 names). Why
    TAT staff can be logged in but not show up in the list. Often times we do that when performing maintenance or posting articles, or other non-forum tasks.

TAT staff can be logged in but not show up in the list. Often times we do that when performing maintenance or posting articles, or other non-forum tasks.
    ok
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Can the TAT personnel let Jack win one of the various contests you have throughout the year? Thanks in advance.
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Can the TAT personnel let Jack win one of the various contests you have throughout the year? Thanks in advance.
    What's in it for us?

Blog Entries

What's in it for us?
    You all get to be good samaritans.

Foxy
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

Quote Originally Posted by Foxykhat View Post
    You all get to be good samaritans.

Foxy
    and....?

I had just posted the following in the Smarty Jones thread, then deleted it to honor the request/intention in that thread now.....so, I'll post this thought here instead:

Re: the deleting posts in the Smarty Jones thread.....Could we perhaps instead have started another thread for the contest itself, asking folks not to post any flippant comments in the new thread- as has been done before?

I'm just not that big on deleting posts here in TAT-land is all- at least to avoid doing so whenever possible. Just my two cents worth here is all.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    I had just posted the following in the Smarty Jones thread, then deleted it to honor the request/intention in that thread now.....so, I'll post this thought here instead:

Re: the deleting posts in the Smarty Jones thread.....Could we perhaps instead have started another thread for the contest itself, asking folks not to post any flippant comments in the new thread- as has been done before?

I'm just not that big on deleting posts here in TAT-land is all- at least to avoid doing so whenever possible. Just my two cents worth here is all.
    We agree with you, nelslus. We're not in the habbit of deleting posts and we're definitely not about the go in another direction.

We requested some changes be made to the contest thread, which was done wonderfully quick. After that the now removed posts seemed completely random yet still left the door open for more questionable offtopic convo about Chris Evert. For that reason, they were removed from what was supposed to be a contest thread only.

Leaving the posts in question to form a new thread wich sole purpose would have been to take digs at Chris Evert simply did not seem called for. I hope you can agree with that.

We agree with you, nelslus. We're not in the habbit of deleting posts and we're definitely not about the go in another direction.

We requested some changes be made to the contest thread, which was done wonderfully quick. After that the now removed posts seemed completely random yet still left the door open for more questionable offtopic convo about Chris Evert. For that reason, they were removed from what was supposed to be a contest thread only.

Leaving the posts in question to form a new thread wich sole purpose would have been to take digs at Chris Evert simply did not seem called for. I hope you can agree with that.
    Totally understood now- and you all are right. Thanks for the explanations.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Is it possible to change the TAT software so that it automatically adds the high-quality option (i.e., appends "&fmt=18" to the url) when displaying youtube videos?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Is it possible to change the TAT software so that it automatically adds the high-quality option (i.e., appends "&fmt=18" to the url) when displaying youtube videos?
    It probably is, rabbit. But our friends who might still be on dial-up would have a difficult time with them.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    It probably is, rabbit. But our friends who might still be on dial-up would have a difficult time with them.
    OK, makes sense Maybe it could be an option in your profile? I suggested this because seeing the ball on a clay court surface is really hard without the high-quality option. But yeah, this is not a very high-priority thing.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast