Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 934495556575859

Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

I like to catch up with things that you full-time TATers discuss between slams. I found some heated comments about homeschooling on another thread, and while I squelched the impulse to school the haters , I hope they will still appreciate that you know you're a tennis fan when you work the slams into your homeschool schedule.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irena2 View Post
    I like to catch up with things that you full-time TATers discuss between slams. I found some heated comments about homeschooling on another thread, and while I squelched the impulse to school the haters , I hope they will still appreciate that you know you're a tennis fan when you work the slams into your homeschool schedule.
    Irene, I actually hope you'll take a few moments to share your perspective on the subject in that thread. It is far too easy to paint an issue with a broadsweeping, inflexible, narrow brush. I would be delighted to read a different perspective. One of the great things about TAT is that it is filled with a diverse array of knowledgeable people from a myriad walks of life. But another thing I know about TAT: We love to learn, and I can't think of a single regular here who isn't willing to alter an opinion or entertain a different perspective.
    Become a Kiva lender and help people lift themselves out of poverty. To find loans that are safe, secular, and mostly short in term, go to the A+ Convenience Store at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred...venience-store. Or, if you would like to support repeat borrowers with a proven track record of repayment, check out CraigsList at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred/craigslist. Happy lending!

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Irene, I actually hope you'll take a few moments to share your perspective on the subject in that thread. It is far too easy to paint an issue with a broadsweeping, inflexible, narrow brush. I would be delighted to read a different perspective. One of the great things about TAT is that it is filled with a diverse array of knowledgeable people from a myriad walks of life. But another thing I know about TAT: We love to learn, and I can't think of a single regular here who isn't willing to alter an opinion or entertain a different perspective.
    Thanks, dry! I might take you up on that after the excitement of Kvitova v. Pennetta

Quote Originally Posted by Irena2 View Post
    Thanks, dry! I might take you up on that after the excitement of Kvitova v. Pennetta
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

you can finally discuss sports with your co-workers.

My husband was on a call today and usually gets asked if he's a Patriots or Red Sox fan. Awkward silence ensues when he says the only sport he follows is tennis.

Today, turns out a bunch of people on the call were serious fans/ex-college players and got into an in-depth discussion on the Big 3 (ahem). Topics included: Federer stats and What's wrong with Rafa
    Last edited by MJ2004; 09-10-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    you can finally discuss sports with your co-workers.

My husband was on a call today and usually gets asked if he's a Patriots or Red Sox fan. Awkward silence ensues when he says the only sport he follows is tennis.

Today, turns out a bunch of people on the call were serious fans/ex-college players and got into an in-depth discussion on the Big 3 (ahem). Topics included: Federer stats and What's wrong with Rafa
    Oh, you mean THE BIG TWO?
    Things like this grow in my garden

The other one nobody cares about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Bump (testing something)
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

You know you are a real tennis fan when you bump a thread that has become a bit obscure in order to test a web site dedicated to tennis.
    Or something.
    Things like this grow in my garden

I keep saying baseball scores as if they were tennis scores.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

When a server at Austin's Black Star Brewery reminds you of Stan Wawrinka, and the wedding coordinator at the Oasis looks like Angie Kerber's twin. (And both Wawrinka and Kerber lose the next day. Coincidence? )
    You can support TAT by buying my book through its Amazon store: http://astore.amazon.com/talkabcom06...8&y=9&preview=

...you see a Cezanne at MoMA and your first thought is, "Gilles Simon?"

...and your second thought is "Eh, maybe Tipsarevic." And you don't even like either player.

gilles as bather.jpg
    You can support TAT by buying my book through its Amazon store: http://astore.amazon.com/talkabcom06...8&y=9&preview=

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    ...you see a Cezanne at MoMA and your first thought is, "Gilles Simon?"

...and your second thought is "Eh, maybe Tipsarevic." And you don't even like either player.

gilles as bather.jpg
    Hmmm, I think he's over 70kg so that rules out Simon...
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 934495556575859