Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  35
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 885
  1. #61
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,867

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    83. The highlight of your day is stalking Caroline Wozniacki and her parents on Fifth Avenue

    84. You're imaginary friends with Sandra de Jenken
    ("Look at me, I'm Sandra de. I judge matches on TV. I'll call it a let if a serve touched the net. I can! I'm Sandra de!")

  2. #62

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    83. The highlight of your day is stalking Caroline Wozniacki and her parents on Fifth Avenue

    84. You're imaginary friends with Sandra de Jenken
    ("Look at me, I'm Sandra de. I judge matches on TV. I'll call it a let if a serve touched the net. I can! I'm Sandra de!")


    85: You've seriously debated skipping class the day you have a ton of homework due and an exam because your favorite player is playing a match you "HAVE TO SEE NO MATTER WHAT!!"......and the class ends only a few minutes into the match.

  3. #63
    Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

    beaujarkko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastpointe, MI
    Posts
    5,825
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    83. The highlight of your day is stalking Caroline Wozniacki and her parents on Fifth Avenue

    84. You're imaginary friends with Sandra de Jenken
    ("Look at me, I'm Sandra de. I judge matches on TV. I'll call it a let if a serve touched the net. I can! I'm Sandra de!")

    OMG. Fantastic mmmm8. Probably even moreso since we stalked that long-legged bird-of-prey together.

    Also, I am not imaginary friends with Sandra. We had a moment. Even if she didn't look at me.

    And finally, what a great rendition of the song that got stuck in our heads during the Berdych/Verdasco match. Though I like your version much better. I mean, after all, she's the one that I want.
    I'll miss you!

  4. #64
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    39,136
    Blog Entries
    28

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post

    84. You're imaginary friends with Sandra de Jenken
    ("Look at me, I'm Sandra de. I judge matches on TV. I'll call it a let if a serve touched the net. I can! I'm Sandra de!")
    Brilliant!
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

  5. #65
    Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

    beaujarkko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastpointe, MI
    Posts
    5,825
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    76. ...you know that before there were paszeks, there were tulyaganovas, and before those there were cacics.

    Although that may indicate I'm a fan of more than just tennis.

    I remember the cacics. I think they were actually oversized paszeks. I remember she had a match televised once (bizarre, I know) and a friend of mine who was not a fan of tennis took one look at the screen and said something to the effect of "you cannot play tennis with those things". Not that the cacics had a great career...

    And I loved the tulyganovas. How sad that they lag behind the amanmuradovas in the Uzbekistanian number one column.
    I'll miss you!

  6. #66
    Content tinamarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mannheim, Germany
    Posts
    3,686
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    86: you spend a ton of money to go to the French Open for two days, then spend 14(!!) hours in the pouring rain waiting for matches to start, actually get to see only three hours of tennis and still want to do that again next year.
    87: no matter what a conversation is about, you always manage to tell your story about how you met James Blake's brother... (and when you do, you look pretty much like this)
    ("oh, your cat died? That's so sad, when?"..."last monday?mhm, you know, that's about 2 and a half months after I met Thomas Blake...")
    Last edited by tinamarie; 09-05-2007 at 01:03 PM.

  7. #67

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    87. You're pissed that Martina Navratilova can't serve out the second set against Conchita Martinez in a legends singles match, even though she's more than 50 years old.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

  8. #68
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    9 Dragons Hexa Champion Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    11,761
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    88. You hear Sister B wore a leopard-print ensemble in her finals doubles match of the 2007 U.S. Open, and it makes you fondly remember Bonnie Gadusek.

    Full article and more pics at:
    http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/art...892627890.html
    Leapin' leopards -- Mattek makes a memorable exit at US Open

    Tuesday, September 4, 2007
    By Ben Walker (AP)
    She came to the U.S. Open dressed in a revealing, metallic gold Wonder Woman outfit and left wearing leopard-print shorts so skimpy the tournament referee needed to rule whether they were OK.


    Is there anything Bethanie Mattek wouldn't sport on court?


    I had this bustier for New York. French nanny kind of look," she said.
    ...

  9. #69
    Content Jtdrum10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,700
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    89. Your Spanish teacher looks EXACTLY like Justine only in a flower print dress and now everytime you go to Spanish class or see Justine on TV you get a great laugh.

  10. #70
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,867

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    88. You hear Sister B wore a leopard-print ensemble in her finals doubles match of the 2007 U.S. Open, and it makes you fondly remember Bonnie Gadusek.

    Full article and more pics at:
    http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/art...892627890.html
    Leapin' leopards -- Mattek makes a memorable exit at US Open

    Tuesday, September 4, 2007
    By Ben Walker (AP)
    She came to the U.S. Open dressed in a revealing, metallic gold Wonder Woman outfit and left wearing leopard-print shorts so skimpy the tournament referee needed to rule whether they were OK.


    Is there anything Bethanie Mattek wouldn't sport on court?


    I had this bustier for New York. French nanny kind of look," she said.
    ...

    LMAO. I still think Monday's was better, though.

    For Sania's sake, I hope pictures of them together don't surface anywhere near Islamic fundamentalists that are after her. That's fatwa-worthy.

  11. #71

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    90. You are positively giddy over accidentally sitting next to the nutty Walter Bartoli during his daughter's match with Safarova (all you had wanted to do was sit down for a bit), not moving an inch despite the heat, Mr. Bartoli's constant kissing of his necklace (with a cross assumedly), playing with his watch, his constant apparently-religious ravings (although he also could have been cursing his daughter out in French for all nelslus knows), and the match being a tad bit of a snore because in your world WALTER BARTOLI IS A STAR!!!!
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

  12. #72

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by beaujarkko View Post
    I remember the cacics. I think they were actually oversized paszeks. I remember she had a match televised once (bizarre, I know) and a friend of mine who was not a fan of tennis took one look at the screen and said something to the effect of "you cannot play tennis with those things". Not that the cacics had a great career...
    Yes, cacics are larger than paszeks, and firmer as well. Attached to a larger frame, and very good posture, especially considering what must have been a significant weight.

    I've wondered what kind of career Cacic could have had if she was healthy for any extended period of time. Constantly injured, but managed some highlights like wins over Novotna, Tauziat, and I think Pierce. She made a couple of nice runs in her career, and I remember her winning the Auckland event... which takes me to:

    #91 - Knowing career highlights of players as obscure as Sandra Cacic.
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

  13. #73

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Apparently, Jack is Frankie Durr-illiterate. Plus, there's that luscious, well-endowed Ann Haydon Jones, too....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yes, cacics are larger than paszeks, and firmer as well. Attached to a larger frame, and very good posture, especially considering what must have been a significant weight.

    I've wondered what kind of career Cacic could have had if she was healthy for any extended period of time. Constantly injured, but managed some highlights like wins over Novotna, Tauziat, and I think Pierce. She made a couple of nice runs in her career, and I remember her winning the Auckland event... which takes me to:

    #91 - Knowing career highlights of players as obscure as Sandra Cacic.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

  14. #74
    Content tinamarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mannheim, Germany
    Posts
    3,686
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    91: thanks to international live video streaming, you know how to say Roger Federer in 5 different accents and recognize a "OMG, that was incredible, beautiful, amazing, HOW did he do this? " in just as many languages

  15. #75

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    93. You follow Brad Gilbert around at the Australian Open for half an hour beore you finally have the nerve to walk up to him and say "you're Brad Gilbert, aren't you?" and then have Chris Fowler take a picture of you together.

    94. You print out the list of contest entries for the Peter Skan contest and cross off players from everyone's teams as they have been eliminated.

    95. You check the ATP rankings every Monday to see how far up or down Donald Young and Sam Querrey have moved since the previous week.

    96. You hang around after a senior doubles match at the US Open featuring Mansour Bharami and manage to go down on the court at Arthur Ashe to have your picture taken with him.

    97. You're out on a first date and ask a friend to send you text updates of the Venus-Jelena quarterfinal match at the US Open.

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •