Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 429445051525354555657 LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 849
  1. #796
    Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

    TennisBen21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Big Blue Nation
    Posts
    880
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    You spend 45 alcohol motivated minutes looking for a live stream of a match between Wen-hsin Hsu and Varatchaya Wongteanchai in the first round of Pattaya City qualies and you're convinced you'll find one because "matches like this don't happen every day." And the only difference between drunk you and you once you've sobered up is that you're able to accept that there probably isn't one...but you're equally disappointed in both states.
    TAT's self-proclaimed resident King of Scrubdom.


    Scrub of the Week (aka whatever period of time until I get to it): Margalita Chakhnashvili - SF at $25K Caserta, ITA

  2. #797
    Director of Content
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    43,945

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by TennisBen21 View Post
    You spend 45 alcohol motivated minutes looking for a live stream of a match between Wen-hsin Hsu and Varatchaya Wongteanchai in the first round of Pattaya City qualies and you're convinced you'll find one because "matches like this don't happen every day." And the only difference between drunk you and you once you've sobered up is that you're able to accept that there probably isn't one...but you're equally disappointed in both states.
    I think you may have won this thread.


  3. #798
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    10,292
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    yeah, that beats me seeing Gavin whatshisname perform with his band on The Tonight Show, and reflexively looking around for Anna Wintour and Mirka Federer in another camera shot.
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

  4. #799
    Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

    TennisBen21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Big Blue Nation
    Posts
    880
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I think you may have won this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    yeah, that beats me seeing Gavin whatshisname perform with his band on The Tonight Show, and reflexively looking around for Anna Wintour and Mirka Federer in another camera shot.
    I'm so honored and I have so many people to thank for this great honor. First I would like to thank my friends Jose Cuervo and Captain Morgan who, without them, this would not have been possible. I'd also like to thank the TAT community as a whole for always pushing me to be the best scrub lover I can be, y'all are truly an inspiration.
    TAT's self-proclaimed resident King of Scrubdom.


    Scrub of the Week (aka whatever period of time until I get to it): Margalita Chakhnashvili - SF at $25K Caserta, ITA

  5. #800

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by TennisBen21 View Post
    I'm so honored and I have so many people to thank for this great honor. First I would like to thank my friends Jose Cuervo and Captain Morgan who, without them, this would not have been possible. I'd also like to thank the TAT community as a whole for always pushing me to be the best scrub lover I can be, y'all are truly an inspiration.


    I've always been more friends with Mr Bailey and a scot fellow.
    Though in the summer I've been known to spend some time at Bacardi's place.
    THRNY 2014 is open! Entries due by July 14.

    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad-to-New-York

  6. #801
    Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

    TennisBen21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Big Blue Nation
    Posts
    880
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post


    I've always been more friends with Mr Bailey and a scot fellow.
    Though in the summer I've been known to spend some time at Bacardi's place.
    Y'all are just lucky that neither you or I can recollect enough to tell you about when I took a trip up to the Everclear Mountains the night before.

    TAT's self-proclaimed resident King of Scrubdom.


    Scrub of the Week (aka whatever period of time until I get to it): Margalita Chakhnashvili - SF at $25K Caserta, ITA

  7. #802
    Content tinamarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mannheim, Germany
    Posts
    3,686
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    # 429: your best friend tells you to stop trying to micro-manage her life*, using the only language she thinks you understand: " I got it, UNCLE TONI!"

    Sigh. So much love.

    (*Her opinion. I'd call it giving awesome advice.)
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

  8. #803
    Slam Watcher rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    8,195

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    # 429: your best friend tells you to stop trying to micro-manage her life*, using the only language she thinks you understand: " I got it, UNCLE TONI!"

    Sigh. So much love.

    (*Her opinion. I'd call it giving awesome advice.)

  9. #804
    Director of Content
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    43,945

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    # 429: your best friend tells you to stop trying to micro-manage her life*, using the only language she thinks you understand: " I got it, UNCLE TONI!"

    Sigh. So much love.

    (*Her opinion. I'd call it giving awesome advice.)
    LOL!


    #430. "Sweet Caroline" is played at a weddinig and your reaction is:

    1. But this is not New Haven during a Wozniacki match. Why are they playing it?
    2. To stop yourself from telling the person next to you that you just met about how you associate this song with Caroline Wozniacki and her wins in New Haven.
    3. To launch into an internal monologue about Caroline Wozniacki's career.


  10. #805

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    #431. You hear "Rolling in the Deep" during Sunday brunch and automatically have flashbacks to Bercy.

    (... The DJ was spinning it during some of the changeovers, and the chorus includes the line, "They keep me thinking that we almost had it all," which I remember thinking was rather harsh on the finalists in the process of losing...)
    Measured Extravagance: at TAT's Amazon store (Kindle), BN.com (Nook/epub), and other vendors.

  11. #806
    Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    W. Hollywood
    Posts
    3,653

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    #432 When your motivation to get a good time in a marathon is so you'll be home in time to watch a final.
    Open wide.

  12. #807
    a nevernude
    Awards Showcase

    tobiasfunke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,155
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    #433. You stalk John Isner's girlfriend on facebook.

    I'm so embarrassed

  13. #808

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    yeah, that beats me seeing Gavin whatshisname perform with his band on The Tonight Show, and reflexively looking around for Anna Wintour and Mirka Federer in another camera shot.
    you talking about gavin rossdale from bush husband of gwen stefani?

  14. #809

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    #434 Your daughter asks you what the score is for the Yankees game you're watching and you say "Six - love".
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

  15. #810
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    123 GO Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    44,818
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    #434 Your daughter asks you what the score is for the Yankees game you're watching and you say "Six - love".
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 429445051525354555657 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Non-Tennis RPB

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1