Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 429445051525354555657 LastLast
    Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

You spend 45 alcohol motivated minutes looking for a live stream of a match between Wen-hsin Hsu and Varatchaya Wongteanchai in the first round of Pattaya City qualies and you're convinced you'll find one because "matches like this don't happen every day." And the only difference between drunk you and you once you've sobered up is that you're able to accept that there probably isn't one...but you're equally disappointed in both states.
    TAT's self-proclaimed resident King of Scrubdom.

Scrub of the Week (aka whatever period of time until I get to it): Margalita Chakhnashvili - SF at $25K Caserta, ITA

Director of Content
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by TennisBen21 View Post
    You spend 45 alcohol motivated minutes looking for a live stream of a match between Wen-hsin Hsu and Varatchaya Wongteanchai in the first round of Pattaya City qualies and you're convinced you'll find one because "matches like this don't happen every day." And the only difference between drunk you and you once you've sobered up is that you're able to accept that there probably isn't one...but you're equally disappointed in both states.
    I think you may have won this thread.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

yeah, that beats me seeing Gavin whatshisname perform with his band on The Tonight Show, and reflexively looking around for Anna Wintour and Mirka Federer in another camera shot.
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I think you may have won this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    yeah, that beats me seeing Gavin whatshisname perform with his band on The Tonight Show, and reflexively looking around for Anna Wintour and Mirka Federer in another camera shot.
    I'm so honored and I have so many people to thank for this great honor. First I would like to thank my friends Jose Cuervo and Captain Morgan who, without them, this would not have been possible. I'd also like to thank the TAT community as a whole for always pushing me to be the best scrub lover I can be, y'all are truly an inspiration.

Scrub of the Week (aka whatever period of time until I get to it): Margalita Chakhnashvili - SF at $25K Caserta, ITA

Quote Originally Posted by TennisBen21 View Post
    I'm so honored and I have so many people to thank for this great honor. First I would like to thank my friends Jose Cuervo and Captain Morgan who, without them, this would not have been possible. I'd also like to thank the TAT community as a whole for always pushing me to be the best scrub lover I can be, y'all are truly an inspiration.

I've always been more friends with Mr Bailey and a scot fellow.
    Though in the summer I've been known to spend some time at Bacardi's place.
    THRNY 2014 is open! Entries due by July 14.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad-to-New-York

Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post

I've always been more friends with Mr Bailey and a scot fellow.
    Though in the summer I've been known to spend some time at Bacardi's place.
    Y'all are just lucky that neither you or I can recollect enough to tell you about when I took a trip up to the Everclear Mountains the night before.

Blog Entries

# 429: your best friend tells you to stop trying to micro-manage her life*, using the only language she thinks you understand: " I got it, UNCLE TONI!"

Sigh. So much love.

(*Her opinion. I'd call it giving awesome advice.)
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    # 429: your best friend tells you to stop trying to micro-manage her life*, using the only language she thinks you understand: " I got it, UNCLE TONI!"

Sigh. So much love.

Director of Content
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post

Sigh. So much love.

LOL!

#430. "Sweet Caroline" is played at a weddinig and your reaction is:

1. But this is not New Haven during a Wozniacki match. Why are they playing it?
    2. To stop yourself from telling the person next to you that you just met about how you associate this song with Caroline Wozniacki and her wins in New Haven.
    3. To launch into an internal monologue about Caroline Wozniacki's career.

#431. You hear "Rolling in the Deep" during Sunday brunch and automatically have flashbacks to Bercy.

(... The DJ was spinning it during some of the changeovers, and the chorus includes the line, "They keep me thinking that we almost had it all," which I remember thinking was rather harsh on the finalists in the process of losing...)
    Measured Extravagance: at TAT's Amazon store (Kindle), BN.com (Nook/epub), and other vendors.

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

#432 When your motivation to get a good time in a marathon is so you'll be home in time to watch a final.
    Open wide.

a nevernude
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

#433. You stalk John Isner's girlfriend on facebook.

I'm so embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    you talking about gavin rossdale from bush husband of gwen stefani?

#434 Your daughter asks you what the score is for the Yankees game you're watching and you say "Six - love".
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    #434 Your daughter asks you what the score is for the Yankees game you're watching and you say "Six - love".
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 429445051525354555657 LastLast