Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 123456122752 ... LastLast

Re: You know you're a tennis fan if...

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Can we fine-tune #12 a bit? That doesn't really work for all of us. I would propose:

12. You risk going to hell by skipping church so you can stay home to watch tennis matches.

Dry
    Raising hand for this one Dry.

22. Taking off the July 4th holiday so you're home Wednesday through Sunday and getting up at 6a every morning to catch Breakfast at Wimbeldon and turn on Wimby Live meaning you get less sleep than if you'd been going to work and looking at the television screen and the computer screen at the same time.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Blog Entries

Can we fine-tune #12 a bit? That doesn't really work for all of us. I would propose:

12. You risk going to hell by skipping church so you can stay home to watch tennis matches.

Dry
    ROFL, yep that's one big risk, but for me skipping church mean jinxing Fed or whoever I'm rooting for that particular day. LOL

Foxy
    Last edited by Foxykhat; 07-08-2007 at 04:14 PM.
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

20. You actually know who Akgul Amanmuradova is.

Dry
    20a. ...and you can name the strengths and weaknesses of her game.

edma1022

23. You try your best to get the latest scores on Friday team lunch with the office group via borrowing an i-Phone and trying to login to www.wimbledon.org. (The i-Phone keeps hanging tho).

TATChat Moderator hurricanejeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

24. When you know your favorite player's WTATour profile identification number (it shows up in the address bar) from loading the profile a million times.

And for the record, Lindsay Davenport's number is 40106.
    There's a room where the light won't find you
    Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
    When they do
    I'll be right behind you

25. You don't really mind the rain during Wimbledon because you actually like to watch once again the 1816 tie-break between Borg and McEnroe (Over and over and over and....)
    26. And you then tell your S.O. "I saw it live the first time".
    27. You know who Chris Lewis is.

28. You can name the junior grand slam winners from the last 3 years.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

29. You schedule sleep around the times you can follow matches live ... on an online scoreboard

30. You e-mail a friend on a different continent, and you can tell them what the weather will be there tomorrow because there's a tournament playing there

31. You drive to more than one store in order to find purple and green highlighters to mark up your Wimbledon predictions bracket with, then lose the highlighters, drive back, and buy three more sets just in case, letting family members know where the other sets are should you forget.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

32. You own a Mary Carillo voodoo doll equipped with needles and everything... And you have your own community needle exchange program--it's just a little different than most. The needles don't have to be physically clean... They just have to be spiritually clean.

Not that I would know anything about this kind of thing...

Dry
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    29. You schedule sleep around the times you can follow matches live ... on an online scoreboard
    So true!

33. Melzer, paszek, and wilander are part of your normal vocabulary...and not because they are the names of tennis players.

34. You're talking to your mother on the phone, and she realizes that you haven't said anything for about a minute, and she says, "Are you watching tennis? Well, just call me back when it's over."

35. You are at work on a Sunday afternoon, and instead of trying to get everything done as soon as possible, you find yourself watching the mixed doubles final on a 4 inch livestream, which extends your time at work for hours.

36. You think the world is coming to an end on Saturday when you're sitting in a sport's bar, Wimbledon semis playing on a flat-screen, and you hear some guy ask his friend, "Do you think you pronounce it Duh-joko-vick?"

jj
    Blue Steel

37. When all the gym TV's were taken, you watched the Wimbledon scoreboard on your Sidekick screen while running on the treadmill.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

38. You can't fall asleep at night because you're trying to remember the last name of Tim Henman's USO 2004 3rd round opponent. Blessed sleep, thy name is Tabara.

(It was a magnificent match, Incidentally, I thought Michal had retired, but he's actually played some challengers here and there in the last couple of years)

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    37. When all the gym TV's were taken, you watched the Wimbledon scoreboard on your Sidekick screen while running on the treadmill.
    39. You get someone to text you scores of first round Davis Cup matches... after every set

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 123456122752 ... LastLast