Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

UPDATED Ladies' Picks & Results Thread

Congratulations to the 34 of you who have made it to this point. You have earned this new thread all to yourselves. Remember to check back here to make sure that you don't duplicate any picks!

And as always, remember, once you're red, you're dead.

aedra1119: Dushevina - Paszek - Srebotnik - Dementieva - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Bartoli - Henin

backhand: Stosur - Muller - Safarova - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - no Day 8 Pick

bea26: Likhovtseva - Santangelo - Safarova - Dementieva - Hantuchova - Petrova - S. Williams - Ivanovic - Bartoli - Henin

catz33: Safarova - Morigami - Krajicek - Dementieva - Hantuchova - V. Williams - Henin - Ivanovic - Vaidisova

craighickman: Schnyder - Sugiyama - Bartoli - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Ivanovic - Henin - Kuznetsova - Vaidisova

doubledogbrewer: Stosur - Sugiyama - Safarova - Ruano Pascual - Hantuchova - V. Williams - S. Williams - Kuznetsova - Ivanovic - Henin

dryrunguy: Stosur - Santangelo - Bartoli - Ruano Pascual - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Vaidisova

Elchie: Safarova - Bremond - Srebotnik - Dementieva - Hantuchova - Kuznetsova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Vaidisova

flotenis: Stosur - Golovin - Bondarenko - Sugiyama - Hantuchova - Vaidisova - S. Williams - Kuznetsova - Krajicek

Foxykhat: Stosur - Paszek - Srebotnik - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Bartoli - Henin

gerrynjapan: Srebotnik - Sugiyama - Bartoli - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - V. Williams - Ivanovic

GVGirl: Hingis - Paszek - Bartoli - V. Williams - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Ivanovic - Henin

IntnstyAngle: Hingis - Golovin - Safarova - V. Williams - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Bartoli - Henin

jadesa: Stosur - Paszek - Bondarenko - Sugiyama - Hantuchova - V. Williams - Jankovic

Juano: Dushevina - Sugiyama - Krajicek - V. Williams - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek (duplicate pick)

Lemnos2: Srebotnik - Santangelo - Bondarenko - V. Williams - Hantuchova - Ivanovic - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Bartoli - Henin

Madame: Likhovtseva - Bremond - Safarova - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Bartoli - V. Williams

memento.mori: Daniilidou - Santangelo - Safarova - Dementieva - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Vaidisova

mmmm8: Likhovtseva - Paszek - Bartoli - Sugiyama - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Vaidisova

mrfish: Bammer - Sugiyama - Bartoli - V. Williams - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Ivanovic - Henin

mrjiggyfly2: Safarova - Santangelo - Bartoli - Dementieva - Hantuchova - V. Williams - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Vaidisova

mysterX: Bondarenko - Santangelo - Krajicek - Dementieva - Hantuchova - Petrova - Henin - Ivanovic - Bartoli - V. Williams

NasdaqBallboy: Hingis - Sugiyama - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Hantuchova - Petrova - S. Williams - Ivanovic - Bartoli - V. Williams

nelslus: Hingis - Sugiyama - Bartoli - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Vaidisova

oohsalmon: Stosur - Paszek - Bartoli - Sugiyama - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Vaidisova

oploskoffie: Hingis - Sugiyama - Krajicek - Vaidisova - Hantuchova - V. Williams - S. Williams - Kuznetsova - Bartoli - Ivanovic

patrick: Bondarenko - Tu - Peer - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Vaidisova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Bartoli - Henin

phaedrus: Krajicek - Golovin - Chakvetadze - Petrova - S. Williams - Vaidisova - Jankovic

SoraOblivion62: Poutchek - Pratt - Srebotnik - Santangelo - Hantuchova - V. Williams - Henin - Kuznetsova - Bartoli - Ivanovic

tennis_star: Bammer - Santangelo - Bartoli - V. Williams - Schnyder - Petrova - Granville

tenor777: Bammer - Sugiyama - Safarova - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Kuznetsova - Bartoli - Henin

thesupernova: Stosur - Sugiyama - Safarova - Kuznetsova - Hantuchova - Petrova - Krajicek - Ivanovic - Bartoli - Henin

wfwalsh: Srebotnik - Sugiyama - Bondarenko - Santangelo - Hantuchova - Petrova - S. Williams - Kuznetsova - Ivanovic - Henin

xenia2311 Safarova - Mirza - Bartoli - Vaidisova - Hantuchova - Petrova - S. Williams - Ivanovic - Ivanovic (duplicate pick)
    Last edited by beaujarkko; 07-06-2007 at 11:13 AM.
    I'll miss you!

Re: UPDATED Ladies' Picks & Results Thread

Anyone else watching Serena's match now? One of the weirdest things I've seen.

7 people really hoping for rain right now!

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Anyone else watching Serena's match now? One of the weirdest things I've seen.

7 people really hoping for rain right now!
    PT, I bet if you look in today's OoP & D thread, you'll find a lot more than 7 people hoping for the rain! (And all pertinent and impertinent discussion to go with it )
    I'll miss you!

True...I was keeping it easy and only counting SPers!

This might work out perfectly for Serena pickers now...if she can gut out the win...leaving her with nothing left for Henin?

Those who picked Henin are actually probably shaking their heads. Of course if Serena loses, both of these groups are probably none too happy, although at least almost everyone has Jankovic left.

I was wondering...

Is there any way to put the picks in a table? That way we could sort easily and see how many picked who when and stuff.

I would try to do it but I have no idea how
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    I was wondering...

Is there any way to put the picks in a table? That way we could sort easily and see how many picked who when and stuff.

I would try to do it but I have no idea how

I would imagine there is, but I worry about character parameters, etc. with embedding a table in a post. I'll ask around and figure out the logistics. If it's feasible (and easier) to post things in this manner, I'll consider it. If not... In the interim, if you really want a copy of the Excel spreadsheet, send me a PM and I can email it to you.
    I'll miss you!

Juano

ZOMG, this is cool

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by beaujarkko View Post
    I would imagine there is, but I worry about character parameters, etc. with embedding a table in a post. I'll ask around and figure out the logistics. If it's feasible (and easier) to post things in this manner, I'll consider it. If not... In the interim, if you really want a copy of the Excel spreadsheet, send me a PM and I can email it to you.
    One of the biggest issues we had with doing a table while thinking about it was that because of the large number of picks and the ginormous names of the players, the chart would also be very large and will look really messed up on your screen.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    One of the biggest issues we had with doing a table while thinking about it was that because of the large number of picks and the ginormous names of the players, the chart would also be very large and will look really messed up on your screen.
    Given that this was about the third time I have seen "ginormous" today, I was curious about some etymological history. When I googled it, I found out that it has been a recognized word since the 40s, as a bit of WW2 slang...and found this little tidbit on humongous as well:

HUMONGOUS
    This American word has established itself so well in the language that William Safire reported a couple of years ago it had been put into the mouth of Thomas Jefferson in a television programme. If so, that was a sad anachronism, since humongous first darted on to the linguistic stage only about 1968, apparently as a bit of college slang, but hit the big time almost immediately and has been with us ever since. That’s despite grumpy comments like those of William Hartston in the British newspaper The Independent, who said it was “surely one of the ugliest words ever to slither its way into our dictionaries” and “a silly and affected synonym for huge or enormous”, adding that “it serves no purpose not covered by those words and is thus redundant”.

Steady on, old chap! It’s surely in the same class as skittishly humorous words like ginormous (which arose in World War Two military slang) and the set of words for large amounts based on creative augmentations of million, such as zillion, bazillion, gazillion, and squillion. Our word was probably based on an amalgam of huge and monstrous, influenced by the stress pattern of stupendous or tremendous.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Given that this was about the third time I have seen "ginormous" today
    So, what other ginormous things have you seen today??

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So, what other ginormous things have you seen today??
    Someone here used ginormous in a sentence earlier, but I can't remember what post it was. And the CFO of my company sent me a memo referencing my ginormous bill from dinner at Okada at the Wynn last week when I was in Vegas.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Someone here used ginormous in a sentence earlier, but I can't remember what post it was. And the CFO of my company sent me a memo referencing my ginormous bill from dinner at Okada at the Wynn last week when I was in Vegas.

Oh, Moose, I was trying some innuendo. I guess i used the wrong smiley.

He actually put "ginormous" in a memo? How much did you eat?

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Picks to be updated...

Wait, what?

I thought this was the Picks & Results thread...

Oh, my bad, it's the etymology meets food thread.

In any case, we lost one to Granville and two are still pending with Jankovic, who is scheduled first on court 1 tomorrow morning. So still 33 alive with just a few picks left. We'll see if the two people who have picked both Williams sisters have made the right decisions, or if the close matches of the last few days are our potential finalists on their championship runs.
    I'll miss you!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by beaujarkko View Post
    Picks to be updated...

Wait, what?

I thought this was the Picks & Results thread...

Oh, my bad, it's the etymology meets food thread.

In any case, we lost one to Granville and two are still pending with Jankovic, who is scheduled first on court 1 tomorrow morning. So still 33 alive with just a few picks left. We'll see if the two people who have picked both Williams sisters have made the right decisions, or if the close matches of the last few days are our potential finalists on their championship runs.

Welcome to TAT

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Welcome to TAT
    I think I've already been fully ingratiated, thanks though.
    I'll miss you!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast