Agree Agree:  14
Likes Likes:  16
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer/Football

Re: Soccer/Football

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I was happy for ManU, too, but I was so sad for Terry.
    Yes. He could not be consoled. Many Premier League fans will not be that empathetic, because apparently John Terry is a "Billy Big Boots." He has a monstrous ego and he is a selfish leader. That is why Fabio Capello has not continued his captain role with the England national team. It has been given to Rio Ferdinand. Capello plans to give it to Rooney, when he gets older.

John Terry is not as "innocent" as you might think. But I still feel for him.
    Last edited by OlderfanCA; 05-22-2008 at 07:10 AM.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by OlderfanCA View Post
    Yes. He could not be consoled. Many Premier League fans will not be that empathetic, because apparently John Terry is a "Billy Big Boots." He has a monstrous ego and he is a selfish leader. That is why Fabio Capello has not continued his captain role with the England national team. It has been given to Rio Ferdinand. Capello plans to give it to Rooney, when he gets older.

John Terry is not as "innocent" as you might think. But I still feel for him.
    Huh! Don't know that much about him but he does look much nicer than that.

Ferdinand bores me.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Huh! Don't know that much about him but he does look much nicer than that.

Ferdinand bores me.
    I've been following the Premier League for several years now. John Terry has a bad rep within the football community of England. He is a type of player that either you like or you don't like. Also, Chelsea has a reputation (probably borne from Mourinho's philosophy) of being boarish and obnoxious. Drogba and Ashley Cole can personify that rep from time-to-time.

If I was being lead, as opposed to being entertained, I would not want John Terry in that role. If you're strictly judging based upon public personality, and entertainment, I guess John Terry is your man. What I was sharing was what John Terry is reputed to being in the locker room, not in the press room.

My favorite player on Chelsea is Ballack. Now that's a man! Tall dark and handsome and a strong leader. Should John Terry get lured away to Inter Milan (just a rumor at the moment), I can see Ballack taking the captain position. A great leader he would be. Ballack is the captain of the German national team and does a great job.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by OlderfanCA View Post
    My favorite player on Chelsea is Ballack. Now that's a man! Tall dark and handsome and a strong leader. Should John Terry get lured away to Inter Milan (just a rumor at the moment), I can see Ballack taking the captain position. A great leader he would be. Ballack is the captain of the German national team and does a great job.

And he started with Tinamarie's team!

Ballack is pretty awesome. I think he was named one of the top 3 midfielders in the world last year. He has now also hit good form with Chelsea. Not too sure what happened to Schevtenko or what ever his name is. Maybe it's because Chelsea already have drogba and many attacking midfielders so they don't need another striker...

Blog Entries

I really like Ballack as well. He was on "my" team when they won the National Championships in 1998 (it was also his break through year; before he played third league with the Chemnitzer FC where he started playing as a kid). he is just an awesome midfielder and can play both agrressive and defense.He also does a great job as our national team's captain and rightfully was voted in the World Championships All Stars team. He had a rough time at the end of his time at Bavaria Munich (lots of people were saying he was far overrrated and not reall needed in Munich in the first place and after one match, Beckenbauer even accused him of already resting for Chelsea...) But the first season after Ballack left didnt go very well for Bavaria, so he should have drawn some satisfaction from that. His start in Chelsea didnt go very well, either. But it seems like they finally recognize him as the great player he is.
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    I really like Ballack as well. He was on "my" team when they won the National Championships in 1998 (it was also his break through year; before he played third league with the Chemnitzer FC where he started playing as a kid). he is just an awesome midfielder and can play both agrressive and defense.He also does a great job as our national team's captain and rightfully was voted in the World Championships All Stars team. He had a rough time at the end of his time at Bavaria Munich (lots of people were saying he was far overrrated and not reall needed in Munich in the first place and after one match, Beckenbauer even accused him of already resting for Chelsea...) But the first season after Ballack left didnt go very well for Bavaria, so he should have drawn some satisfaction from that. His start in Chelsea didnt go very well, either. But it seems like they finally recognize him as the great player he is.
    I don't think Jose Mourinho utilized him well at all.

Blog Entries

The European Championships have started this weekend!
    Both of the host teams were quite unlucky in their respective opening matches and lost 0:1 against Czech Republic (Switzerland) and Croatia (Austria). Portugal made a very strong first impression, beating Turkye 2:0. Germany also won 2:0 against Poland (thanks to two goals by young super star Lukas Podolski, who btw was born in Poland...)
    since I am in denial about pretty much everything that happened this weekend in tennis, soccer is the perfect distraction
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    The European Championships have started this weekend!
    Both of the host teams were quite unlucky in their respective opening matches and lost 0:1 against Czech Republic (Switzerland) and Croatia (Austria). Portugal made a very strong first impression, beating Turkye 2:0. Germany also won 2:0 against Poland (thanks to two goals by young super star Lukas Podolski, who btw was born in Poland...)
    since I am in denial about pretty much everything that happened this weekend in tennis, soccer is the perfect distraction
    I watched the Czechs and Swiss. I actually thought it was pretty boring. I wanted to watch Portugal dismantle Turkey but forgot.

I'm watching a friendly between USA and Argentina right now. The Americans haven't been embarrassed (yet).

They're defending Messi pretty well.
    Blue Steel

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    I watched the Czechs and Swiss. I actually thought it was pretty boring. I wanted to watch Portugal dismantle Turkey but forgot.

I'm watching a friendly between USA and Argentina right now. The Americans haven't been embarrassed (yet).

The Germany-Poland match was pretty entertaining with Germany winning 2-0. It brightened my day a tiny bit Poland were really sloppy and lethargic, compared to the Germans. I'm rooting hard for Germany (or France) to take it all the way!!

Who are you supporting?

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

What channel?

I watched the opening ceremony yesterday and some of Croatia -Austria today. The Austrians were actually playing better but couldn't convert into goals.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    The Germany-Poland match was pretty entertaining with Germany winning 2-0. It brightened my day a tiny bit Poland were really sloppy and lethargic, compared to the Germans. I'm rooting hard for Germany (or France) to take it all the way!!

Who are you supporting?
    In Euro Cup, Portugal. I'm more of a passive viewer these days and haven't kept up that well since WC 2006. But in high school, I was a fanatic. I supported them the whole time in 2004. Stupid Greeks.
    Blue Steel

I am hoping Portugal or Netherlands take the title. Portugese ought to have won last time...
    Roger forever

In Euro Cup, Portugal. I'm more of a passive viewer these days and haven't kept up that well since WC 2006. But in high school, I was a fanatic. I supported them the whole time in 2004. Stupid Greeks.

Boring defensive team... It ought to have been Portugal or Czech Republic...
    Roger forever

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast