Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 12345671328 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer/Football

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Soccer/Football

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    the First Football Club Kaiserslautern (1.FCK). its one of the founding teams of the German national league and the team of Fritz Walter who lead Germany to its first World Cup triumph in 1954. It's a club with a long tradition and its stadion, located on a hill in the Palatine forrest, is famous for its great atmosphere. Unfortuatly, there have been some financial scandals and mistakes by clubs officials, so the club began struggeling in the late ninties. We managed to win one more National championship in 1998, but in 2006 we moved down to the second league in 2006 and failed to get back up in 2007. Now we are facing even bigger trouble as the club is five points behind the last place to secure it a spot in pro soccer next season and its only 5 more matches to go... they played really crappy this season, but the thing is, you dont really get to chose a favorite soccer team, right?. your place of birth (or your parents) pretty much settle it and then you're stuck with that teamso even a year at amateur level cant change that (but still break an entire region's heart...) however I'm sure we'll be back eventually to challenge Munich

PS: Sorry if its too long an answer for a short question, I just really love that club and tend to get carried away talking about it
    Too cute.

There were several clubs in my city but somehow I grew up barely knowing they existed, even though my dad liked soccer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Too cute.

There were several clubs in my city but somehow I grew up barely knowing they existed, even though my dad liked soccer.

(Kaiserlautern is only one big soccer club in Palatine and the entire region is crazy about that club

do you have a favorite Russian or American club then? or do you rather follow international competitions?

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    (Kaiserlautern is only one big soccer club in Palatine and the entire region is crazy about that club

do you have a favorite Russian or American club then? or do you rather follow international competitions?

Because I was raised without a favorite club, and I'm not a diehard fan of any club, I don't get into th club rivalries (like, I like both Chelsea and Arsenal). From the Russian league, I like CSKA Moscow and Zenit.

Internationally, I've always liked Man United and Real Madrid. I think when I was little, I just decided the names sound cool

I know the MLS soccer commissioner (this is how big football is in the US. Being Soccer Commissioner is a hobby - his real job is as an Economics Prof), but I've never even watched a full MLS match on TV.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I know no one cares, but my guys, Zenit, are up 3-0 against Bayern and are 30 minutes away from UEFA Cup finals!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread makes hockey look popular here .

Isn't there some first ever all-English final or something? Man U and Liverpool-Chelsea?
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    This thread makes hockey look popular here .

Isn't there some first ever all-English final or something? Man U and Liverpool-Chelsea?
    The UEFA Champions League final will be ManUnited - Chelsea... in Moscow.

Ironically, the UEFA Cup final will be held in Manchester and WILL feature a Russian team. Zenit ends Bayern's dream season, winning 4-0 with 5 of its 11 starters not participating in the match!

The UEFA Champions League final will be ManUnited - Chelsea... in Moscow.

Ironically, the UEFA Cup final will be held in Manchester and WILL feature a Russian team. Zenit ends Bayern's dream season, winning 4-0 with 5 of its 11 starters not participating in the match!
    That's just dumb. Reminds me of when Maryland played West Virginia in Boise in the NCAAs, and like four people attended.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    That's just dumb. Reminds me of when Maryland played West Virginia in Boise in the NCAAs, and like four people attended.
    In this case it will be sold out anyway.
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I think it already is.

Guaranteed all the locals will be out of town that weekend in Moscow, and it will still take 2 hours to drive a mile anywhere in the city (I am not at all exaggerating)

I guess ManU and Chelsea aren't exactly W. Virginia

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Black market tickets for the Champions Cup final are going for 3000-5000 Euros.

Zenit - Glasgo Rangers final will be played tomorrow at 2:45 pm EST time.

I am not sure if it will be televised here in stats, but I have my live feed

Allez Zenit! (wow, that just sounds wrong..)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post

It should be on espn360, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    It should be on espn360, I think?

Not sure..i don't have that survice, since my cable company are bastards, so I will be watching on my WebTV (Russian paid tv service)

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post

LOL, allez! is really spreading its wings.

I won't be able to see it UEFA.com does have a neat live scoreboard, though.

LOL, allez! is really spreading its wings.

I won't be able to see it UEFA.com does have a neat live scoreboard, though.

I hope I will be able to watch some of it, so I will try to give some updates.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 12345671328 ... LastLast