Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Ask questions here about the suicide pool

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    Hi,
    first of all I'd like to say that I think this suicide pool is an awesome idea and it sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to participate, however I'm leaving tomorrow for Paris and wont able to go online until Thursday. Is there a possibility I can particpate anyway? Like emailing my picks for round 1, Tues-Thurs and just hope the later wont be loosing their opening round?however, in case this would cause a lot of work for you, I wait for the wimbledon SP. Thanks anyways.
    TinaMarie
    I'll let Moose answer...

Btw, welcome to TAT. I'm so jealous that you are going to Paris! Enjoy! Are you going to go to that TW function, if they have it?

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    Hi,
    first of all I'd like to say that I think this suicide pool is an awesome idea and it sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to participate, however I'm leaving tomorrow for Paris and wont able to go online until Thursday. Is there a possibility I can particpate anyway? Like emailing my picks for round 1, Tues-Thurs and just hope the later wont be loosing their opening round?however, in case this would cause a lot of work for you, I wait for the wimbledon SP. Thanks anyways.
    Tina:
    We try to stay away from a batched email with a number of days picks. We had around 200 players for the Aussie and while we're glad to have all the participation, it makes it difficult for us when we have to accomodate individual requests outside of the general rules of the game. You can send picks by email to our Yahoo address, if you can get access to email. I hope you understand.

We'd love to have you join us for Wimbledon if you can't participate in the French...don't worry, we'll all still be here.

And please feel free to post in our other tennis and non-tennis sections anytime. We love having new members join us, nad participate in the Board.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Blog Entries

well, I assumed it would be difficult, but since I like the idea of the SP so much I thought I'd give it a try.
    But thanks for your quick answer and I'm looking forward to the Wimbledon SP then. And of course: Good luck to all of you!!

@ GVGirl: I am incredily excited to go to Paris. It' s the first time I get to see pro tennis matches live. we have tickets for the Court Philipp Chatrier, so we'll probably see all the top seeds. oh and I'm sorry, but I dont know what a TW function is...But if you tell me, I'll let you wether there was one next week I hope you'll enjoy RG.

TinaMarie- That's great about attending the French Open. I just sent you a PM.

Although you can't do the SP this time, please take a look around TAT. We hope that you will be a frequent visitor in addition to playing our suicide pools.

Arrow Re: Ask questions here about the suicide pool

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I found out about this site from Peter Bodo's Tennisworld blog. He said something about indicating if you are a TW reader or something like that. Is this something additional that we have to sign up for? Or how do people know that I read Tennisworld (as he said in his blog to indicate) and what does he really mean? I am sort of lost.

Thanks for helping.

Alana

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by servesmasher View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and I found out about this site from Peter Bodo's Tennisworld blog. He said something about indicating if you are a TW reader or something like that. Is this something additional that we have to sign up for? Or how do people know that I read Tennisworld (as he said in his blog to indicate) and what does he really mean? I am sort of lost.

Thanks for helping.

Alana
    Hi, Alana, Smasher of Serve!

Welcome to TAT!

Basically, when you make your picks for Day 1, put "TW" after the pick (or anywhere in your post) and, if you post on TW under a name other than Servesmasher, put that as well. Do it for both men's and women's picks. And you're entered.

Let me know if it's still unclear, and I'll send you a PM with (an attempt at) a better explanation

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Hi, Alana, Smasher of Serve!

Welcome to TAT!

Basically, when you make your picks for Day 1, put "TW" after the pick (or anywhere in your post) and, if you post on TW under a name other than Servesmasher, put that as well. Do it for both men's and women's picks. And you're entered.

Let me know if it's still unclear, and I'll send you a PM with (an attempt at) a better explanation

This made it clearer, thanks!

For those of us picking a Monday choice, I assume the draw that's posted will include those matches that were rained out on Sunday. Is that right? If so, then we get another chance to pick from the Sunday draw for those matches that didn't start. When will we know this?

Quote Originally Posted by la boheme View Post
    For those of us picking a Monday choice, I assume the draw that's posted will include those matches that were rained out on Sunday. Is that right? If so, then we get another chance to pick from the Sunday draw for those matches that didn't start. When will we know this?
    I do not think that you'll be able to choose from matches that were to be played today for day1A as it would not be fair to those who picked from today's matches. I'm sure that one of our administrators of the contest will let us know.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by GVGirl View Post
    I do not think that you'll be able to choose from matches that were to be played today for day1A as it would not be fair to those who picked from today's matches. I'm sure that one of our administrators of the contest will let us know.
    That is the way we've done it in the past.

According to the site, they may be calling play by 5:00 PM Paris time.

Once we get the order of play for Monday, we'll get them up in the Day 1(a) threads.

I have been in the past few suicide pools, and I'm having trouble with this one. I have 2 questions:
    1. I had a 'user name' of CLPeck, but my 'screen name' was SmallSlice. My results in other pools were under SmallSlice, but I just posted my womens pick and it shows up under CLPeck. I'd like it to show up under SmallSlice, so I can keep my (admittedly low) ranking for the year. How do I do that?
    2. I used to get my picture to show when I posted, but it doesn't show now.

Have I lost my touch at using this?
    thanks

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CLPeck View Post
    I have been in the past few suicide pools, and I'm having trouble with this one. I have 2 questions:
    1. I had a 'user name' of CLPeck, but my 'screen name' was SmallSlice. My results in other pools were under SmallSlice, but I just posted my womens pick and it shows up under CLPeck. I'd like it to show up under SmallSlice, so I can keep my (admittedly low) ranking for the year. How do I do that?

thanks
    Hi CLPeck/SmallSlice,

Give me a few minutes to look into it.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CLPeck View Post

thanks
    I've sent you an email explaining what's going on and how to fix it. For others who are curious...

On our new forum software, you can no longer have a "Login" name and separate "Display" name. They are now one and the same. I can make the change for you, but it will change your login name. So you need to know that I'm going to do it otherwise you won't be able to login.

As for the Avatar... our new forum allows you to have an Avatar picture (which is displayed with each of your posts) and a separate Profile picture which is only displayed on your profile page. Make sure you upload an Avatar picture to display with your posts.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

the different rounds are usually played during two days, do we have to make two picks, one for each day of the same round?
    with all the rain delays i suppose that the next pick for those who pass the first round will be at best for wednesday, right?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    the different rounds are usually played during two days, do we have to make two picks, one for each day of the same round?
    with all the rain delays i suppose that the next pick for those who pass the first round will be at best for wednesday, right?
    You make two picks per round.

The rain is messing with us. We have to wait and see what matches they get in and what the schedule looks like tomorrow.

Stay tuned...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast