Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Clemens to NY Yankees

Roger "creme&clear" Clemens will join Jason Juicin Giambi in NY!!! Its gonna be so sweet when Boston beats their brains out....

Re: Clemens to NY Yankees

LOL.

I saw he announced it in dramatic flair. I don't like them, but this should be interesting.

jj
    Blue Steel

I don't like his coming back here at all. I don't think it will be a good thing.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Tour Pro
    Awards Showcase

Currently University of Missouri, wished it was still Houston

and as a houston native and astros fan... i die a little bit on the inside when i see him do this, so much for loyalty to the city and his son
    "well jesus christ i'm alone again, so what did you do those three days you were dead? cause this problems gonna last, more than the weekend..." ~ brand new

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jsd123789456 View Post
    and as a houston native and astros fan... i die a little bit on the inside when i see him do this, so much for loyalty to the city and his son
    Are you saying he shouldn't take a job if it's offered to him? I had a good laugh earlier this week when I Boston radio announcer ripped Tom Brady for wearing a NY Yankees cap, said he was ungrateful to city of Boston blah de dah blah de dah. Frankly I see nothing wrong with wearing the cap, the world have much more important issues to deal with than who's wearing a rival's teams cap.

That said, I'm not a fan of Clemens but hey athlete bills need to be paid also, and while if NY is the one who's willing to help him pay those bills so be it.

Foxy
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

Quote Originally Posted by Foxykhat View Post
    Are you saying he shouldn't take a job if it's offered to him? I had a good laugh earlier this week when I Boston radio announcer ripped Tom Brady for wearing a NY Yankees cap, said he was ungrateful to city of Boston blah de dah blah de dah. Frankly I see nothing wrong with wearing the cap, the world have much more important issues to deal with than who's wearing a rival's teams cap.

That said, I'm not a fan of Clemens but hey athlete bills need to be paid also, and while if NY is the one who's willing to help him pay those bills so be it.

Foxy
    As intense as the major sports rivalries get, i feel the Bostin fans on the cap issue...Brady should be more respectful

I despise the Yankees and Roger Clemens...Taht news is a double whammy for me....Clemens is like Lance Armstrong, no matter how many needles he sticks in his arse the media gives him a free pass....Its disgusting, Clemens is the most obvious juicer in baseball

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    As intense as the major sports rivalries get, i feel the Bostin fans on the cap issue...Brady should be more respectful

I despise the Yankees and Roger Clemens...Taht news is a double whammy for me....Clemens is like Lance Armstrong, no matter how many needles he sticks in his arse the media gives him a free pass....Its disgusting, Clemens is the most obvious juicer in baseball
    It's just a cap that probably matched his outfit better than the B0-Sox cap would have. LOL! To be honest I would make a bigger deal of it, it Brady had gone to a game between these two wearing the Yankees cap and rooting for the Yankees. BTW what if he's not a Boston fan?

Foxy
    A. D. A. M. MEMBER FOR LIFE
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am not ashamed of Gospel of Jesus Christ!

If It Doesn't Matter What You Believe, Then It Doesn't Matter If You Believe At All...I Choose To Believe In My GOD

Tour Pro
    Awards Showcase

its just that clemens made a pretty big deal of wanting to end his career in houston, being close to family (we definitely paid the damn bills, no doubt about that one) and being able to see his son play, and the astros were very lenient with him, he didn't take all the road trips, had days off when he wanted them to go see his son play, and when we needed him and asked he said he was unsure if he would play or not, then signs with the yankees... the job was there this summer if he wanted it for us, thats why houston fans are very angry right now (and van gundy is quitting coaching the rockets after blowing the playoffs, its been a day for us fans)
    "well jesus christ i'm alone again, so what did you do those three days you were dead? cause this problems gonna last, more than the weekend..." ~ brand new

Clemens coming back from the NL....could turn into a Randy Johnson kinda thing. How old is he now?

I don't think Tom Brady feels anything for Boston. He's a California boy - he probably leaves town as soon as the season is over. And Ms. Bundchen lives in NYC.

Re Van Gundy: Just make sure the door doesn't hit him on the way out. He always was a crappy coach and I knew he'd do Houston no good.

As for Clemens the last thing the Yankees need right now is him. Let the young guys develop. Get some young pitcher instead of this guy. Funny thought. When Andy Petitte(sp) came back to the Yanks I had a feeling Clemens wasn't far behind. There was some talk that the reason Andy left NY was because he had a very close lady friend here and the wife wasn't having it. Clemens was supposed to be the one who encouraged Andy to run the streets. But that's just idle gossip.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

About the hat issue, maybe Tom isn't even a baseball fan. NYY hats are popular everywhere in the world. It always amuses me to watch, say, the French Open, and see tons of little French kids in the stands with Yankees caps on.

They do call them baseball hats, and like them are not, the Yankees define baseball to the rest of the world and non-baseball fans.

jj
    Blue Steel

Tour Pro
    Awards Showcase

very true to van gundy, i want rudy t back, he may have had his problems but the guy simply won for us. and still damn you clemens, hope the yankees stay in dead last (which i wanted anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Clemens is the most obvious juicer in baseball
    Nope ... that would be Barry Bonds
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.