Agree Agree:  25
Likes Likes:  40
Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 92242292317332338339340341342
Results 5,116 to 5,122 of 5122

Re: The Film Thread **SPOILERS**

There’s been a lot of advanced hype about maybe Jennifer Lopez being a solid Oscar contender for the movie Hustlers and I thought it was just Hollywood being Hollywood. Frivolous Oscar buzz just because Oscar buzz is fun. But now having seen Hustlers, please please please give her her statue. It’s an amazing physical performance which, if they’re gonna reward that for DiCaprio, fair is fair. But also an emotionally deep and empathetic performance I didn’t know she was capable of.

And what a fun movie.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    There’s been a lot of advanced hype about maybe Jennifer Lopez being a solid Oscar contender for the movie Hustlers and I thought it was just Hollywood being Hollywood. Frivolous Oscar buzz just because Oscar buzz is fun. But now having seen Hustlers, please please please give her her statue. It’s an amazing physical performance which, if they’re gonna reward that for DiCaprio, fair is fair. But also an emotionally deep and empathetic performance I didn’t know she was capable of.

And what a fun movie.
    Thanks for this. I really want to see this movie. Maybe enough to actually venture out to the movie theater.

I just watched Maiden, a documentary about the first all women's boat to sail around the world. Very impressive story - it's on Amazon now.

There is only one film I swore I would never, ever, not in a million years watch again and that is "Requiem for a Dream".

I watched it this evening. The acting is superb.

I'm gonna need some time to recover.

I mean you literally go from "this is bad". Then "This is really bad." To "OMG this is EFFING horrible". And you can't look away.

I never realized it was a Darren Aronofsky film until today.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    There is only one film I swore I would never, ever, not in a million years watch again and that is "Requiem for a Dream".

I watched it this evening. The acting is superb.

I'm gonna need some time to recover.

I mean you literally go from "this is bad". Then "This is really bad." To "OMG this is EFFING horrible". And you can't look away.

I never realized it was a Darren Aronofsky film until today.
    Tough film. Over-the-top. But, it has a lot to offer.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I think he went over the top because back then no one believed how bad drug addiction is and how it's so easy to end up like all of the characters did - lost in a hell of their own making because, as the title suggests, they were chasing a dream.

Senior addiction is still an issue.

When a female addict has nothing else to offer...

And what happens when you're so lost you don't realize you've gone past where you ever thought you'd be and are on your way to your own personal Florida.

I'd like for the film to be shown to all high school seniors, and senior citizens, but in today's atmosphere it's not going to happen.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

I encourage you all to see Jojo Rabbit. It is a lovely film

https://www.tribute.ca/trailers/jojo-rabbit/25505/
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 92242292317332338339340341342