Page 280 of 324 FirstFirst ... 30180230255270276277278279280281282283284290305 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4848
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: The Film Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by lukeorion View Post
    Sorry. That is my bad. I should've put the warning with it. I deeply apologize for ruining the movie for you but it is very obvious when watching the movie what will happen in the end. Again I'm sorry for ruining it for you

From what I now understand, I doubt it's ruined. I'll get around to it.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Clarence gets his wings.
    Titanic sinks.
    I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know. - Andy Roddick

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Titanic sinks.
    She WASN'T really washing her hair.
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Solitare Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Skee Ball Champion, Cribbage Square Champion, SD-Pong Champion, BreakoutcC Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have joined the ranks of the watchers of The Hunger Games, and I'm definitely on Team Gale. I liked it, but it needed the extra punch of an R rating....
    Welcome to my crazy game of fetch.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

mahjong Champion, 9 Dragons Hexa Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Deuces Wild Champion morct's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I have joined the ranks of the watchers of The Hunger Games, and I'm definitely on Team Gale. I liked it, but it needed the extra punch of an R rating....
    From a Mum's point of view I'm so glad they didn't. My almost 13 year old would have been devastated if it was R.

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Solitare Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Skee Ball Champion, Cribbage Square Champion, SD-Pong Champion, BreakoutcC Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morct View Post
    From a Mum's point of view I'm so glad they didn't. My almost 13 year old would have been devastated if it was R.
    Yeah, there's no way that they could have marketed to the right audience with an R rating, but I found all the quick cuts and camera tricks took me out of the moment a little bit.

Still, I have very few complaints about the film, the chief one being the disappointing "muttations."
    Welcome to my crazy game of fetch.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    She WASN'T really washing her hair.

Tracy Turnblad is named Miss Auto Show 1963
    Me and Flavia Pennetta, we got a thing going on

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

The trailer for "Sparkle". Whitney looks really good, which makes what has happened even sadder.

BTW, I'm not one of those who thought the original was all that great a movie. Good music, yes, but it was a very exploitative film, and I did not think the cast (outside of Lonette McKee, whom I have always loved) were up to the task of taking the material and making it work. But i am looking forward to this.

Sparkle

Aaliyah had actually signed on to do that before she passed away, then Whitney passes away after filming it. Cursed!

Looks like it might be pretty good.
    "I'll never fall, never fall like that again
    Names, and dates, and faces. Places you were happy
    I'll never fall, never fall like that again
    "

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

So, I go on IMDB to see what people have to say about the 3D version of Titanic and whether it is worth my time & money. Instead, this comment is what I'm greeted with (I did a tiny bit of editing so as not to violate any rules here):

"When I first watched this movie back in '97, my first thought was: "While everybody else was on one side of the boat begging to get on a lifeboat, I would have been on the other side of the boat MAKING MY OWN IMPROVISED RAFT out of all the wood laying about. (tables, pianios, doors, surplus lifevests, etc) and float away when the waterline reached my area."

I even remember saying this out loud to my date while exiting the movie theater infront of all the other pre-teen teenie boppers getting 'wet' from that Leo DiF**gio character.

The stupid & weak are dependent... kinda like Obama voters. They want somebody else to take care of them. They have no independent thought to take care of themselves - thats why they died!

The stupid & weak will let others dictate their lifestyle, like the mainstream media does to liberals or the passengers who died on the Titanic.

I do thank this movie for one thing ... it did get alot men a 'guaranteed lay' from their dates afterwards. I endured this movie 3 times for 3 different dates, and 'got some' from all three - so thanks on that point."

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Haha! Yeah, I mean you wouldn't want to take away the message "profits over people and safety regulations is a bad idea" or "treating the wealthy as though their lives are inherently more valuable than the poor is morally reprehensible" or anything. Clearly the message of Titanic is "Lazy poor people once again suffer because of their own laziness and lack of can-do spirit!"
    I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know. - Andy Roddick

Director of Content
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    So, I go on IMDB to see what people have to say about the 3D version of Titanic and whether it is worth my time & money. Instead, this comment is what I'm greeted with (I did a tiny bit of editing so as not to violate any rules here):

"When I first watched this movie back in '97, my first thought was: "While everybody else was on one side of the boat begging to get on a lifeboat, I would have been on the other side of the boat MAKING MY OWN IMPROVISED RAFT out of all the wood laying about. (tables, pianios, doors, surplus lifevests, etc) and float away when the waterline reached my area."

I even remember saying this out loud to my date while exiting the movie theater infront of all the other pre-teen teenie boppers getting 'wet' from that Leo DiF**gio character.

The stupid & weak are dependent... kinda like Obama voters. They want somebody else to take care of them. They have no independent thought to take care of themselves - thats why they died!

The stupid & weak will let others dictate their lifestyle, like the mainstream media does to liberals or the passengers who died on the Titanic.

I do thank this movie for one thing ... it did get alot men a 'guaranteed lay' from their dates afterwards. I endured this movie 3 times for 3 different dates, and 'got some' from all three - so thanks on that point."

Its too bad he wasnt on the Titanic to test his plan

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

(Where is Ti's "Munching Popcorn" smilie when you need it?)

Joe Eszterhas Explodes at Mel Gibson: 'You Hate Jews' (Exclusive)
    Published: April 11, 2012 @ 3:30 pm

Hollywood screenwriter Joe Eszterhas is accusing Mel Gibson, his recent collaborator on a movie about Jewish revolt, of “hating Jews” and using him to deflect his anti-Semitic reputation.

In an explosive nine-page letter to Gibson obtained by TheWrap, the screenwriter wrote that the director of “The Passion of the Christ” never intended to make the movie about Jewish heroism, called “The Maccabees.”

Instead, Eszterhas said, Gibson announced the project “in an attempt to deflect continuing charges of anti-Semitism which have dogged you, charges which have crippled your career.”

He added: “I’ve come to the conclusion that the reason you won’t make ‘The Maccabees’ is the ugliest possible one. You hate Jews.”

TheWrap reported earlier that Warner Bros. has put the controversial project on hold, and rejected Eszterhas’s script as lacking in “a sense of triumph.”

A spokesman for Gibson had no immediate comment.

Eszterhas’ letter reveals a more complex dynamic, a disturbing picture of Gibson as a man yet again out of control, inflicting frequent rages on those around him, in the grip of an anti-Semitic obsession, and possibly dangerous to those around him.

On several occasions, said Eszterhas, Gibson “was wild, crazed, and explosive.”

The April 9 letter also recounts Gibson’s threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Gregorieva.

“You were raving at Oksana even after you’d reached a custody agreement over Luci,” their daughter, the letter says. “And then you were even more explicit about your threat: “I’m going to kill her! I’m going to have her killed!” You said you’d become friends with two FBI agents (or former FBI agents) and they were going to help you to kill her.”

Gibson’s anti-Semitic obsession was a leitmotif of working on the film together at Gibson’s homes in Malibu and Costa Rica, Eszterhas said.

"You continually called Jews 'Hebes' and 'oven-dodgers' and 'Jewboys.' It seemed that most times when we discussed someone, you asked 'He’s a Hebe, isn’t he?' You said most 'gatekeepers' of American companies were 'Hebes' who 'controlled their bosses.'"

The slurs continued, through their work:

“You said the Holocaust was 'mostly a lot of horses**t.' You said the Torah made reference to the sacrifice of Christian babies and infants. When I told you that you were confusing the Torah with The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, ... you insisted 'it's in the Torah -- it's in there!' (It isn't)."

And he said Gibson told him that his intention in making “The Maccabees” was “to convert the Jews to Christianity.”

Rest of story: http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...ate-jews-36957

FYI: Eszterhas is no slouch - screenwriter for "Basic Instinct", "Jagged Edge", "Showgirls", and contributed to the script for "Flashdance", among other films.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I've brought up Whit Stillman once or twice in the past, and a couple of people have responded.

Saw "Damsels In Distress" this weekend. It's Stillman's first film in 14 years, and his first since "The Last Days Of Disco", which I absolutely adored.

Gotta admit, I was disappointed with the film. Some funny moments, and everything that contributed to the story line about "The Sambola" was perfect, but Stillman's greatest gift is his ability to write tangential dialogue that captivates you, and he missed his mark time and again in this film.

And I know Greta Gerwig is said to be the "It Girl" of indie films these days, but she leaves me kinda cold. She's no Chloe Sevigny, which is what I have a feeling some people want her to become.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Finally saw Hunger Games. Enjoyed seeing something that felt new. And, by the way, not really what I expected. I thought I was going to have to bear watching a bunch of one-on-one gladiator style fights.

I imagine the book had a lot more about the politics of that world only hinted at here?

Page 280 of 324 FirstFirst ... 30180230255270276277278279280281282283284290305 ... LastLast