Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101126141147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2273
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: The Music Thread

This happened tonight on The Voice. Video at the link. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more--Jordan Smith or the choir. I'm leaning toward the choir. But what a tremendous collaboration.

http://www.gossipcop.com/jordan-smit...watch-youtube/
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    This happened tonight on The Voice. Video at the link. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more--Jordan Smith or the choir. I'm leaning toward the choir. But what a tremendous collaboration.

http://www.gossipcop.com/jordan-smit...watch-youtube/
    Fun stuff. It's always entertaining when a show brings out a full choir for a coronation style performance. It's over the top and wildly unfair to the other contestants, but it's a good spectacle.

His musical choices aren't my favorite. He strikes me as being very affected. However, his voice is remarkably clear. I could see him being a good recording artist. I imagine he will win and get to quickly pump out an album of Adam Lambert-style songs.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Fun stuff. It's always entertaining when a show brings out a full choir for a coronation style performance. It's over the top and wildly unfair to the other contestants, but it's a good spectacle.

His musical choices aren't my favorite. He strikes me as being very affected. However, his voice is remarkably clear. I could see him being a good recording artist. I imagine he will win and get to quickly pump out an album of Adam Lambert-style songs.
    The comparison to Adam Lambert is pretty unavoidable, isn't it? I keep trying to refrain from making that comparison myself--but just can't.
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    I am no Adele fan, but 'When We Were Young' is the best thing she's ever done.
    I am an Adele fan, and to me that song is just good, still not comparable to previous album. I really love Million Years Ago for its gypsy vibe, but now everyone who's ever made similar music is accusing her of plagiarism.

album purchases by me and my boyfriend in 2015:

Adele - 25
    Chvrches - Every Open Eye
    Disclosure - Caracal
    Editors - In Dream
    Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How beautiful
    Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect
    Jamie xx - In Colour
    Madonna - Rebel Heart
    Kylie Minogue - Kylie Christmas
    New Order - Music Complete
    Passion Pit - Kindred
    Troye Sivan - Wild
    Years & Years - Communion

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I am an Adele fan, and to me that song is just good, still not comparable to previous album. I really love Million Years Ago for its gypsy vibe, but now everyone who's ever made similar music is accusing her of plagiarism.
    I love Million Years Ago as well, but someone on her team has some serious explaining to do since the song's an exact copycat of this:

Vocals kick in at the minute mark or so.
    I only see Romanians.

Adele's version:

I only see Romanians.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I actually think the people who say it sounds just like Phantom of the Opera have a lot more basis.

Lol @ the Phantom comparison. I found it hilarious when I first saw it.
    I only see Romanians.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    I am no Adele fan, but 'When We Were Young' is the best thing she's ever done.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I am an Adele fan and I really like When We Were Young. It has that melancholy feel that usually grabs me.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I am an Adele fan and I really like When We Were Young. It has that melancholy feel that usually grabs me.
    It's grown on me.

When We Were Young and Million Years Ago are indeed the best two songs on the album.

Hello seems to be wholly contrived to be an opening number on a world tour.
    I only see Romanians.

If you see nothing else from the Kennedy Center honors must see is Aretha Franklin singing "Natural Woman" and Carol King going nuts watching.

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    When We Were Young and Million Years Ago are indeed the best two songs on the album.

Hello seems to be wholly contrived to be an opening number on a world tour.
    For me, it's "Send My Love (to Your New Lover)", "Water Under the Bridge", and "Million Years Ago" (in that order) by a country mile. The others don't even come anywhere remotely close. I'm so-so on When We Were Young. I've warmed up to Hello. 25 is a very mediocre album, to me, compared to 19 and 21, though.
    21 is her best.
    I agree about Hello, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    If you see nothing else from the Kennedy Center honors must see is Aretha Franklin singing "Natural Woman" and Carol King going nuts watching.

Yesss. I saw it earlier today and loved it.
    Last edited by Jay; 12-31-2015 at 03:00 AM.

You either liked or hated Gaga's Bowie tribut at the Grammy's. Lorde performed one at the British Music Awards. They're going out of their way to say Bowie's son Duncan Jones approved her. I dunno. I don't like it. She sounds like she's at the bottom of a barrel. Do sound engineers hate everyone?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a6895436.html
    “If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain

Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101126141147148149150151152 LastLast