Agree Agree:  7
Likes Likes:  35
Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105130145151152153154155
Results 2,311 to 2,316 of 2316

Re: The Music Thread

I'm trying not to use Amazon too but everything you want is there.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

To feel better about yourself, use smile.amazon.com when you check out and a tiny tiny bit of their profit off you will go to a charity

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    To feel better about yourself, use smile.amazon.com when you check out and a tiny tiny bit of their profit off you will go to a charity
    I do that!
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

My tiny, tiny bit goes to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and Chris' tiny, tiny bit goes to the World Wildlife Fund. I agree with the emphasis mmmm8 put on "tiny, tiny" obviously, but this does make me feel a tiny, tiny bit better when I do use Amazon. GH

New Song/Video from The Dixie Chicks.

Getting ready to tape my part of this (singing alto in the quartet, 10 feet apart outside in North Nashville's Hadley Park. It's supposed to hit 90 F when the cameras roll...):

Dailey 1024.jpg
    @thenmaam, @firstuunashville, @uuchuntsville invite you to A Stirring in My Soul: The Negro Spiritual and Social Justice Movements on July 25, 11AM CST/12PM EST. This free virtual #FineTuning #Masterclass is an opportunity to explore the intersections of musical creation and resistance through the root of all American music, the Negro spiritual.

Over the course of the workshop, we'll identify traits, styles, and designations of these storied songs and draw correlation to contemporary music and expression through demonstration, lecture, performance, and conversation. This Fine Tuning Masterclass aims to provide a strong introduction to those looking to build bridges and further understand where we've been, where we are, and where we're going.

To RSVP, visit https://bit.ly/323IZwn

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105130145151152153154155