Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999124139145146147148149
Results 2,221 to 2,231 of 2231
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Thanks! I thought I specifically chose the one posted by the awards show. You'd think they have the rights?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    So, I haven't listened to Madonna's latest album in full, but Ghosttown is a killer song, her best in a long while, I think.

She (and Taylor Swift on guitar) killed it at the iHeart Radio Awards (which exist, apparently).

Her voice sounds really good here, not sure how live this is, although it seems to be acoustic.
    Pitch correction mic, for sure (basically auto-tuned mic). But her voice sounded good regardless. Really good performance.

I felt like the song was about a minute or two too long, though.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Pitch correction mic, for sure (basically auto-tuned mic). But her voice sounded good regardless. Really good performance.

I felt like the song was about a minute or two too long, though.
    It's because they paused twice for no reason

Joni Mitchell Hospitalized After Being Found Unconscious at Home
    By JOE COSCARELLI APRIL 1, 2015 7:32 AM

The singer and songwriter Joni Mitchell was hospitalized on Tuesday in Southern California after she was found unconscious at her home, the folk singer’s official website and Twitter account said in a statement.

“She regained consciousness on the ambulance ride to an L.A.-area hospital,” the note on JoniMitchell.com said. “She is currently in intensive care undergoing tests and is awake and in good spirits.”

TMZ.com first reported the news.

In a February interview with New York magazine, Ms. Mitchell, 71, said that the past eight years had been a “survival blur” of health issues. Over the years, she said that she had suffered from polio and its neurological effects, scarlet fever, dengue and Morgellons disease, a mysterious skin condition.

Best known for her work in the 1960s and ’70s on songs like “Big Yellow Taxi” and “Blue,” Ms. Mitchell was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997. She released a four-disc retrospective set, “Love Has Many Faces,” in 2014.

Promising more updates soon, Ms. Mitchell’s website added, “Light a candle and sing a song, let’s all send good wishes her way.”

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...w-nytimes&_r=0
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Polio???
    I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know. - Andy Roddick

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Polio???
    If she's 71 there's a chance she was never vaccinated. She was born in 1944 before the vaccine was developed and licensed.
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

For m8, Scotty, and me.

Terrence Howard randomly shows up and surprisingly they have chemistry together.

Tennis' version of Cousin It.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Thanks, Miles.

For a survivor of domestic abuse (Sean Penn), Madonna doesn't seem to mind working with domestic abusers (and that performance with Swift was introduced by Mike Tyson).

Also, I assume the only clothing that survived the near-apocalypse was at a Broadway cabaret?

Tons of tennis players name dropped in this song. Pretty catchy song too .
    Last edited by Jay; 04-13-2015 at 12:55 PM.

With the exception of Reckoning I'm not a huge Grateful Dead fan, but there's something about Sugaree that just does it for me. And this is possibly my favorite version. I've watched it more times than I can count. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3bjA-fc-cE

I like Rhiannon Giddens "Shake Sugaree" which is based on the original song by Elizabeth Cotton. The guitar work alone is amazing.

Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999124139145146147148149