Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292117132138139140141142
Results 2,116 to 2,118 of 2118
    Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Cribbage Master Champion, Cribbage Square Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: The Music Thread

To be fair, I had never heard this song before, so I listened to both the Autotuned and non-Autotuned versions, and they didn't sound much different--they both had a sucky vocal. Britney is not really known for her vocal ability, either, so I don't think anyone should be too surprised.
    Welcome to my crazy game of fetch.

One of our final music discussions on the old board was about Robin Thicke, and how he was using his music (and video) in a rather creepy manner to harass win back the affections of his wife, who has apparently tired of being a tool for purposes of selling records his cheating.

To show the opposite - a man empowering and uplifting women with his music and video - John Legend's "You and I (Nobody In The World)". There are a couple of scenes in this that are deeply moving, and one or two that will bring you close to tears (be careful between 2:30 and 3:00). And I love that he included Laverne Cox and Tig Nataro.

It's also another beautiful song by Legend. But that's to be expected from a guy who honed his skills living in Philly

You and I (Nobody In The World)
    Last edited by Moose; 07-12-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    Me and Flavia Pennetta, we got a thing going on

I love John Legend, and I love "Used to love u", "Ordinary People", "Save Room", and "All of Me", but I find the new single to be rather forgettable.

I do like the video, though, even if it can come off like he's trying too hard.
    The artist formerly known as Jessie181

Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292117132138139140141142