Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 12345678142954104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 2285
  1. #46

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    stop your messin around
    better think of your future...

    I spent a year with a Two-Tone Records button on my knapsnack and wearing one of the old English Beat t-shirts Jiggy. The Specials were my favorite band that whole time. I think I wore out a couple of copies of Specials vinyl, between A Message To You Rudy and Ghost Town
    \

    I wish I had been that cool when I was younger!
    ADAM Member

  2. #47
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    39,136
    Blog Entries
    28

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjiggyfly2 View Post
    \

    I wish I had been that cool when I was younger!
    I think I was more of a music nerd than anything.

    Have you ever seen the movie "High Fidelity"? I thought it was interesting when a friend told me that he kept thinking of me the entire movie. I thought it was spooky after the fifth person I know told me they kept thinking of me throughout the movie.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

  3. #48

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I think I was more of a music nerd than anything.

    Have you ever seen the movie "High Fidelity"? I thought it was interesting when a friend told me that he kept thinking of me the entire movie. I thought it was spooky after the fifth person I know told me they kept thinking of me throughout the movie.
    Unfortunately, I did not Moose.

    Tears In My Beer

    Tears in my beer, It's getting clear
    Her face I see, Right next to me
    She's drinking wine, And looking fine
    I'm feeling sad, It's just a dream I had
    ADAM Member

  4. #49
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,875

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I think I was more of a music nerd than anything.

    Have you ever seen the movie "High Fidelity"? I thought it was interesting when a friend told me that he kept thinking of me the entire movie. I thought it was spooky after the fifth person I know told me they kept thinking of me throughout the movie.
    Great movie. Better book. Nick Hornby is one of my very favorite writers. But I'll save that one for the book thread.



    I wish I were that cool ever. For someone living in the US, I sure am the walking encyclopedia of Russian rock music, though


  5. #50

    Re: The Music Thread

    So I don't kno if anyone's brought it up yet or not but I'm going to mention it anyways... did anyone see that britney spears got back on stage?
    How many ways do I say, "I love her!"

  6. #51

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by one_shot07 View Post
    So I don't kno if anyone's brought it up yet or not but I'm going to mention it anyways... did anyone see that britney spears got back on stage?
    Did she walk upright or did she crawl? You don't mean this is legit, that she, er, em, performed using the term very loosely?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb




  7. #52
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,875

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Did she walk upright or did she crawl? You don't mean this is legit, that she, er, em, performed using the term very loosely?
    She was rehearsing.

    Is Britney allowed in this thread?


  8. #53

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    She was rehearsing.

    Is Britney allowed in this thread?
    Good point m8. We are talking about music here. I'm going looking for that Regina Carter CD. And the Lizz Wright. I still have to be convinced about Cassandra. Love Nnena.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb




  9. #54
    Grand Slam Champion jjnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,115

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Good point m8. We are talking about music here. I'm going looking for that Regina Carter CD. And the Lizz Wright. I still have to be convinced about Cassandra. Love Nnena.
    There's a Lizz Wright record on mininova and IsoHunt. "Dreaming Wide Awake."

    jj
    Blue Steel

  10. #55

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Is Britney allowed in this thread?
    That's like asking "Is Bush a liberal"?

  11. #56

    Re: The Music Thread

    I don't care if she's allowed or not! lol, I just brought it up to see what everyone would say... I never admired britney for her vocal ability although I love some of her music but what I really looked up to brit for was her dance ability...
    How many ways do I say, "I love her!"

  12. #57

    Re: The Music Thread

    You admire Britney for her dancing ability? Her dancing is all choreographed.
    It's as original as her wigs.

    anywho...

    I'm listening to the beatles.

  13. #58

    Re: The Music Thread

    Even though it's choreographed, it still takes a great dancer to hit all the moves... I'm speaking from personal experience
    How many ways do I say, "I love her!"

  14. #59
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    39,136
    Blog Entries
    28

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by one_shot07 View Post
    Even though it's choreographed, it still takes a great dancer to hit all the moves... I'm speaking from personal experience

    the wonderful thing about the arts (music, dancing, books, movies and all the stuff we discuss outside of tennis) is that people enjoy all kinds of different stuff. Good for you one_shot for finding something you admire. I always dug a lot of Janet Jackson's choreography. The moves in the video for "If" still floor me everytime I see it.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

  15. #60

    Re: The Music Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    the wonderful thing about the arts (music, dancing, books, movies and all the stuff we discuss outside of tennis) is that people enjoy all kinds of different stuff. Good for you one_shot for finding something you admire. I always dug a lot of Janet Jackson's choreography. The moves in the video for "If" still floor me everytime I see it.
    Janet's yet another favorite of mine... I'm a dancer so I admire anyone who can dance, choreographed or original
    How many ways do I say, "I love her!"

Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 12345678142954104 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •