Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 12345678142954104 ... LastLast

Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    stop your messin around
    better think of your future...

I spent a year with a Two-Tone Records button on my knapsnack and wearing one of the old English Beat t-shirts Jiggy. The Specials were my favorite band that whole time. I think I wore out a couple of copies of Specials vinyl, between A Message To You Rudy and Ghost Town
    \

I wish I had been that cool when I was younger!
    ADAM Member

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrjiggyfly2 View Post
    \

I wish I had been that cool when I was younger!
    I think I was more of a music nerd than anything.

Have you ever seen the movie "High Fidelity"? I thought it was interesting when a friend told me that he kept thinking of me the entire movie. I thought it was spooky after the fifth person I know told me they kept thinking of me throughout the movie.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Have you ever seen the movie "High Fidelity"? I thought it was interesting when a friend told me that he kept thinking of me the entire movie. I thought it was spooky after the fifth person I know told me they kept thinking of me throughout the movie.
    Unfortunately, I did not Moose.

Tears In My Beer

Tears in my beer, It's getting clear
    Her face I see, Right next to me
    She's drinking wine, And looking fine
    I'm feeling sad, It's just a dream I had
    ADAM Member

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Great movie. Better book. Nick Hornby is one of my very favorite writers. But I'll save that one for the book thread.

I wish I were that cool ever. For someone living in the US, I sure am the walking encyclopedia of Russian rock music, though

So I don't kno if anyone's brought it up yet or not but I'm going to mention it anyways... did anyone see that britney spears got back on stage?
    How many ways do I say, "I love her!"

Quote Originally Posted by one_shot07 View Post
    So I don't kno if anyone's brought it up yet or not but I'm going to mention it anyways... did anyone see that britney spears got back on stage?
    Did she walk upright or did she crawl? You don't mean this is legit, that she, er, em, performed using the term very loosely?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Did she walk upright or did she crawl? You don't mean this is legit, that she, er, em, performed using the term very loosely?
    She was rehearsing.

Is Britney allowed in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    She was rehearsing.

Good point m8. We are talking about music here. I'm going looking for that Regina Carter CD. And the Lizz Wright. I still have to be convinced about Cassandra. Love Nnena.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Good point m8. We are talking about music here. I'm going looking for that Regina Carter CD. And the Lizz Wright. I still have to be convinced about Cassandra. Love Nnena.
    There's a Lizz Wright record on mininova and IsoHunt. "Dreaming Wide Awake."

jj
    Blue Steel

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    That's like asking "Is Bush a liberal"?

I don't care if she's allowed or not! lol, I just brought it up to see what everyone would say... I never admired britney for her vocal ability although I love some of her music but what I really looked up to brit for was her dance ability...

You admire Britney for her dancing ability? Her dancing is all choreographed.
    It's as original as her wigs.

anywho...

I'm listening to the beatles.

Even though it's choreographed, it still takes a great dancer to hit all the moves... I'm speaking from personal experience

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by one_shot07 View Post
    Even though it's choreographed, it still takes a great dancer to hit all the moves... I'm speaking from personal experience

the wonderful thing about the arts (music, dancing, books, movies and all the stuff we discuss outside of tennis) is that people enjoy all kinds of different stuff. Good for you one_shot for finding something you admire. I always dug a lot of Janet Jackson's choreography. The moves in the video for "If" still floor me everytime I see it.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

the wonderful thing about the arts (music, dancing, books, movies and all the stuff we discuss outside of tennis) is that people enjoy all kinds of different stuff. Good for you one_shot for finding something you admire. I always dug a lot of Janet Jackson's choreography. The moves in the video for "If" still floor me everytime I see it.
    Janet's yet another favorite of mine... I'm a dancer so I admire anyone who can dance, choreographed or original

Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 12345678142954104 ... LastLast