Agree Agree:  7
Likes Likes:  22
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 934495556575859

Thread: The Book Thread

Re: The Book Thread

Almost all of my reading is for Spanish lit class. But last week, over about 2 days, I read "Young Heroes of the Soviet Union" by Alex Halberstadt. I absolutely loved it. But then, I am greatly interested in mid-20th-century history. So this was a subject about which I am very interested. By the way, the book is not about "young heroes of the Soviet Union", though it does deal with that period of history. I'll leave it at that unless someone wants more info.

GH

I've been reading Nevada Barr's Anna Pigeon series - definitely not top of the line writing, but easy to read when I need distraction that doesn't require too much focus to clear out all the noise in my head. Each book involves a crime investigation in a different national park setting.
    My Happy Place

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe

It's the first novel by him that I've taken up. The man is really good at painting a picture (that's why the book is soooo long, but it's very palatable), and he paints a really good one of circa-1990 New York

I just read Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. A fun political fantasy and gay romance, posting here because of a scene that takes place at.. wait for it.... Wimbledon 2020!!
    Last edited by MJ2004; 05-08-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 934495556575859