Agree Agree:  43
Likes Likes:  75
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3863788485868788
Results 1,306 to 1,311 of 1311

Thread: Exhibitions

Re: Exhibitions

Ana Mitrić
    @ana_mitric
    My understanding from interviews with TD Goran Ivanišević & Djordje Djoković is that though the Zadar stadium capacity is between 9-10K, Croatian authorities have given permission for them to sell only half that number of tickets. #AdriaTour
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    That number is not supported by any evidence
    Apparently, this came from a study of US TV ratings, but it doesn't capture streaming or other countries. Here's an analysis of the stat and the state of tennis audience overall.
    https://theracquet.substack.com/p/th...tion-of-tennis
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I read about it, and saw the plans he had for that exhibition. My thought was: now, there is something I am really NOT interested in watching.
    But I have said it before. Tennis, the way we love it, is not for the new people. I will grant him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he is really looking at who will be watching tennis in 10 years and what they will want. One hour matches, with cheerleaders. Which of course I will not watch, but what do I know? I am antediluvian, by now.
    I like the UTS for pure entertainment. It would take me a while to adjust to the faster pace but it wasn't hard to follow (and I'm not a gamer - there are definite video-game influences). I would even like to play that version. I think it makes sense to have a timed version of tennis and an untimed version. Room for both in different situations.

Weirdest thing was the 3x point card, where you could activate the power to earn 3 points instead of 1 by hitting a winner. The opponent could make an unforced error in order to deny the other person a chance to hit a winner, creating the only scenario in tennis when you benefit in the score from making an unforced error. This scenario happened in one match - Lopez trailed Popyrin by 2 points with less than a minute left in the quarter. Popryin ran up for a short ball and Lopez was waiting at net, in a good position to hit a volley to the open court. Lopez as positional advantage by far. Popyrin could have intentionally missed the shot and Lopez would have earned only 1 point, instead of barely getting the ball over the net and giving Lopez an easy 3 points.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 06-20-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Promo for Charleston

Sloane shoud lay off the djon-djon and grillot...(Djon-djon is Haitian black mushrooms and rice. Grillot is fried pork.)
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

anyone watching Charleston? I've enjoyed it. Wish the team members were cheering more, like there was more of a team feel/presence. Madison was on fire for the first half of her match against Kenin and pulled it out after losing a big lead in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Sloane should lay off the djon-djon and grillot...(Djon-djon is Haitian black mushrooms and rice. Grillot is fried pork.)
    Meaning she looks like she's gained a few pounds?

I think she wears odd "baby doll" dresses that don't flatter her physique.

(I also don't imagine she trains that hard, but I don't think she's in ex-boyfriend Jack Sock's area.)

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3863788485868788