Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

An idea: http://www.frappr.com/talkabouttennis

I've been having fun discovering TAT and all its threads, skulking around evesdropping, checking out Sebastien's Living Room, reading all Catz posted (scary,serious stuff) and especially marvelling at the fact that we're scattered on the globe and able to communicate.
    And I thought it would be nice to have a world map showing the location of the different members. I don't have the know-how to do it, if you think this is a good idea and are computer savvy, maybe someone can come up with a map where each member who wants too can put in his location.
    Just an idea.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: An idea

Neat idea. But, is it do-able?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas
    Neat idea. But, is it do-able?
    It's do-able. The real question is how many will participate? I think the majority of our members prefer to remain completey anonymous.

We have very few photos of our members and the majority of them hide their email address in their profile. Many even hide their gender.

Although I love the idea and would participate, I doubt many of our members will want where they live published in such a public manner.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Yes, it is, shtexas.

Please go to http://www.frappr.com/talkabouttennis and register yourself on the map.

It may appear slow on some computers. It is a bit too resource-heavy for my taste, but as of right now, it was the only option I could find. If someone has an easier way, please let me know.

So mark your territory, mates!

Talk about eerie.. A simultaneous post!

Well, Kirkus, I don't think anyone will go hunt someone if he/she knew where someone lived. However, if someone knows your e-mail address, you could be sent spam mail.

I'm a bit too paranoid to put a picture of myself, but have no problem saying where I live.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Well. Ask and you shall receive!

Nice one, cphsrsh. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't have a clue what any of that is, but I'm on the map.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Fed Fan
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    Well. Ask and you shall receive!
    LOL. No kidding, that was fast - thanks cphsrsh!
    16 and counting...

JUPITER'S GHOST - catch up on all the episodes at http://www.youtube.com/user/jupitersghost

Tennis begins with love.

I'm in! Cool. 8-)

I'm up in Oregon ... Lake Oswego to be specific ... and I don't care who knows! If you want me ...

COME AND GET ME!

:P
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

I'm sorry Darcy, but it seems you are a loner. :-/

West Coast Rules! [smiley=yahoo.gif] I'm just kidding..

Blog Entries

Good work cphsrsh (what have you got against vowels?) after a frustrating 10 minutes I finally managed to get onto the map. I also tried to put a link to the site in the topic header but dont want to steal your thunder.

I have to say I had second thoughts about this locating onself thing as I live in France. But then knowing that anybody who likes tennis :P is basically a well-balanced, easy going, decent, respectful, "happy in their skin", human being, I gathered my courage and posted where I am.
    Still shall like to make a few things clear. I have an australian mother, indian father, swiss husband, and when they are turn 18 french sons. So citizen of the world what.

Re: An idea: http://www.frappr.com/talkaboutten

Ok, you know where I am now-right next to NYC.

Re: An idea: http://www.frappr.com/talkaboutten

First of all, a big thanks to sblanc for coming up with a great idea. I'd never thought about this kind of thing at all.

And thanks to everyone who's joined so far. I hope more people will feel safe about registering themselves on the map. It's going to look great when we have 50-60 people on the map. Perhaps even more.

sblanc : I appreciate you mustering up your courage to register. Yes, I had my doubts and fears about doing it at first as well, but I think it's safer than one might first think. You truly are a cosmopolitan! You've got to be one of the most genetically-diverse people ever. And please feel free to post the link in the topic header ; I think more people will recognize it. And for your information, I never buy vowels on Wheel of Fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by s blanc
    Good work cphsrsh (what have you got against vowels?) after a frustrating 10 minutes I finally managed to get onto the map. I also tried to put a link to the site in the topic header but dont want to steal your thunder.

I have to say I had second thoughts about this locating onself thing as I live in France. But then knowing that anybody who likes tennis :P is basically a well-balanced, easy going, decent, respectful, "happy in their skin", human being, I gathered my courage and posted where I am.
    Still shall like to make a few things clear. I have an australian mother, indian father, swiss husband, and when they are turn 18 french sons. So citizen of the world what.

J'aime bien les francais!
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447
    [quote author=s blanc link=1155066058/0#11 date=1155118377]Good work cphsrsh (what have you got against vowels?) after a frustrating 10 minutes I finally managed to get onto the map. I also tried to put a link to the site in the topic header but dont want to steal your thunder.

J'aime bien les francais!
    [/quote]

Merci cher ami,
    but I'll stick with the Anglais as it is impolite to speak french in english speaking company ;D ( plus- its not as good as my English, the french grammer slays me!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast