Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Baptism by fire

I hope Sco gets a game or two.

Okay.... I'll BBL. This time for sure.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Re: Baptism by fire

that match was plain ugly

the kid won Kalamazoo so he's obviously playin some ball, but he sure didn't show it last night. His groundies looked mechanical and lacked power. His serve was average and he had no game plan.

They said he was a "converted" basketball player and that's what he looked like.

would much rather have seen Monfils ... that kid will be making some noise next year
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I think if you take Scoville and put him at the local park with Roddick on the other side of the net, he would look a lot better.

I don't think enough can be said for experience. Especially on the stage he was on last night.

ya. He had to be nervous, playing Roddick at Arthur Ashe at night on tv. He was probably nervous. I thnk he will be around in the furture. Im not sure if he will be a dominate force, most of the players that have been dominate were already pro and had a name for themsleves around his age.

a man's game can take longer to develop than the girlies, but the chances for ol Sco to be doing any type of "dominating" are pretty well non-existant.

he needs to improve just to be able to earn a living on tour ... namely develop some kind of weapon. He was certainly nervous ... but for three sets of tennis we should have seen SOMETHING! I didn't see anything that he could use to hurt another player ... aside from his chair maybe :P
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447
    a man's game can take longer to develop than the girlies, but the chances for ol Sco to be doing any type of "dominating" are pretty well non-existant.

he needs to improve just to be able to earn a living on tour ... namely develop some kind of weapon. He was certainly nervous ... but for three sets of tennis we should have seen SOMETHING! I didn't see anything that he could use to hurt another player ... aside from his chair maybe :P

Yeah. And that would surely cost him a point or 2.