Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: stockholm

Re: stockholm

forgot the link Bets

:P
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

and didn't Roddick withdraw, citing some sort of knee injury?

he keeps this up and I could be eating shorts on the Hewitt bet :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447
    and didn't Roddick withdraw, citing some sort of knee injury?

he keeps this up and I could be eating shorts on the Hewitt bet :-X
    Don't worry too much. Hewitt isn't playing this week either.

And with the breakup distraction, he may have trouble in Paris as well.

What if Kim has taken up with Roddick or some other top ATP guy? That could cause self destruction at the Masters Cup.
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2019

Quote Originally Posted by PJVA
    LOL! You know that bet of yours is only going bring good luck to Roger! ;D
    Nothing to do with Roger this time ... Mindlessly, I said that I'd eat shorts if Hewitt finished #2 over Roddick this year. And this one I'm nervous about!

No prob on the Fed bet ... Fed wins a Grand Slam, I'll put on a tutu, dance around for a month, and then eat the thing!

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Today at Stockholm:

Joachim Johansson d. Adrian Garcia 6-4 6-2
    Robin Soderling d. Thomas Enqvist 7-6 6-3.
    Tommy Haas d. Davide Sanguinetti 7-6 6-4
    Feliciano Lopez d. Jeff Morrison 7-6 7-5.
    Janko Tipsarevic d. Tomas Berdych 3-6 7-5 6-1.
    Michal Tabara d.Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-0 6-4

Yea, Tommy and F-Lo!
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

pjva...i know that was directed to seb, but roddick winning the french would be a big surprise. the real slam is for players like roger. wonder how it feels to miss it by one?

That's an easy question to answer, and I'm with jimbo on this one.

There is at least a teeny tiny chance that Fed could win the Grand Slam. But there is absolutely no chance at all for Roddick to win the FO. No chance at all for that to happen. 0% chance. Not within the realm of possibility.

seb...the window for any of these guys to win a real slam is so slim. i like the mix. borg's run was crazy. 6 french/straight, then wimbledon 5/straight and couldn't win in ny. but then they get paid the big bucks!

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Jimbo:
    With the Armada continuing storng (the next gen, Nadal, Lopez,...), and the Gauchos proving their clay expertise, I don't think we're gonna to see a Grand Slam winner for some year. Just don't see FedEx taking Roland Garros when he is playing against people his age and younger who grew up on the stuff and know every in and out of how to play it.

Forget Roddick ever on clay. I'm still waiting for P McEnroe to get begging Agassi to play Davis Cup in December, since that is the only way the US has a prayer. The "New Balls Please" US players are inept on red clay.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

seb...the window for any of these guys to win a real slam is so slim. i like the mix. borg's run was crazy. 6 french/straight, then wimbledon 5/straight and couldn't win in ny.
    exactly jimbo! There shall be no short munching for Seb! And if there is ... I'll munch a second pair! :P

ahhhh, we know you're pulling for Spain Bets, you Nadal lover you! :P

and I agree, the US is pretty well screwed on clay for this Final.

back when this board began I mentioned the chance of convincing Agassi to play ... somebody shot it down and said that wasn't possible, something about the lineup being fixed already.

Though I still think it could be a possibility ...

Help us ObiWanAgassi, you're our only hope

hey moose....that's what i like about the mix of surfaces. the young dudes that live for the clay will be a big pain in the ass for someone like roger or someone that rises to the top as he has. Would love to aggasi play davis cup. does he look fit or what? makes a guy want to stop drinking beer and eating mass quantities of pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447
    Help us ObiWanAgassi, you're our only hope
    And a faint hope at that considering his record on clay this year....

Loses to Zimonjik at St. Poelton and Haehnel at Roland Garros for a 0-2 record on clay.

Roddick at least won 4 matches at Houston and 1 at Roland Garros for a 5-2 record on red clay this year.

So maybe, with Ferrero still weak from the chicken pox, Moya suffering some vague injury, Nadal still not up to par, and Robredo having some kind of problem, the US still has a chance.

But then there's Lopez and Verdasco and Costa and Corretja and..... did I forget someone?

I think they're endless.

"The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English

Quote Originally Posted by Betsmoyo
    i still think the US would have a better chance w/Agassi than without. Maybe Roddick has a better record but we can keep both of them. Agassi probly has a better record on clay than FIsh. Maybe Fish is EXTREMELY hot and i love him but if the US wnats to win and Agassi is willing switch em out.

Oh, I'd welcome an Agassi for Fish substitution, but it isn't going to happen.