Page 1 of 56 12345112651 ... LastLast

Anybody Else Watching Lost?

From the previews, and the pedigre of the wirters/producers, I had a feeling that this was going to be a good TV show...damn, was I wrong - it's the best thing to be on TV since the first season of 6 Feet Under!

I won't go on about it unless someone else has been checking it out, but I am dying to see what anyelse else who has caught the first two episodes of it thinks.
    Ssshh. Don't tell PEHK I am cheating on him with Dominic Thiem!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Anybody Else Watching "Lost"?

Absolutely loved the first episode.

Wathching the 2nd right now. (PST)

I'm also looking forward to "Desparate Housewives".

2nd episode just ended. It's about time an original, quality, and fun series was on TV. I'm lovin' it!
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Kirkus:
    Do you think a) it wasn't a polar bear, or b) they aren't in the South Pacific.
    My jaw dropped when you found out which one was "the prisoner".
    The character development has been almost perfect thusfar. Tell you just enough, and leave you hungry for a whole lot more.
    I'm completely hooked.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm hooked too. I haven't been this excited about TV series in years. My wife guessed who the prisoner was (she's good at that). And didn't you find it interested how adept she was at disassembling the gun? I think she was faking the not knowing how.

I hadn't given much thought to the polar bear being a real polar bear... now you have me wondering

I also thought the Iraqi soldier being in the Rebulican Guard a was nice touch. Kinda gave me the chills.

Good stuff!

Billy, the "one hit wonder" being a heroin addict (or appearing that way) also leads to an interesting plot twist when his baggie runs dry.
    Yeah, the Iraqi Republic Guard is a very interesting twist for American television
    What's the deal with the Koreans?
    and that looped message was just eerie...but a CLASSIC episode ender

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I thought there would be nothing much to watch on tv this year and along comes "Lost". A truly original spin on an old idea. But, I am not surprised as JJ Abrams created it. He was behind "Felicity", which had 4 terrific seasons (I'm kind of glad it didn't wear out its welcome.) He is also behind "Alias", which was great when it started, but I lost interest.

As far as the show: I love the fact there are two non-english speaking characters on tv. I love everyone having a secret. I love "The Lost World" twist, if that is even the twist. I love not knowing what to expect next.

"Desperate Housewives" is also good. I would follow Marcia Cross anywhere on tv. I even watched a few episodes of "Everwood" (!) last year because I heard she was going to be in it. "Melrose Place" was at its best when she was on it.

funny how each one of us tuned into Desperate Housewives for a different person.
    This week's episode did not disappoint - anyone else expected something SERIOUS between Gabrielle's husband and her boy toy to happen in the next few weeks. That scene at the end, when she was draped all over her husband's body and the gardener just stared them down was classic - but so was the scene when the three bratty kids all put their seatbelts on as they fled the women's house.

As for Lost, shtexas, ABSOLUTELY my new favorite TV show. Yeah the Koreans are an incredible twist. Can you imagine what they must have gone through selling that concept to ABC - "well, two of the main characters speak absolutely no English". I'm a little teed, because I have to go to Chicago tomorrow for business til Saturday, and it is gonna keep me from seeing this weeks ep til I get home (hooray for TIVO!).

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

(Moose, don't read further until you see it on tivo, although I will keep it short and be general)

Last night's episode of "Lost" was terrific. The whole back-story on Locke (Terry O'Quinn) was a jaw dropping surprise.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas
    (Moose, don't read further until you see it on tivo, although I will keep it short and be general)

Last night's episode of "Lost" was terrific. The whole back-story on Locke (Terry O'Quinn) was a jaw dropping surprise.
    I know! Never could have seen that coming!! I swear the hour goes by way to fast.

Like that warning would stop me - thanks for not giving too much away. I"ll be watching it later on - but Locke is definitely a man with quasi-sinister traits

Not sure if anyone is West Coast, so I won't say anything more...but very revelatory. Look for an old TV favorite.
    And the previews for next week...serious shit is about to drop.

I think "Lost" is about the best thing to happen to television in years. I didn't know if they would have the storytelling ability to hold this show together after the pilot...but I think it is just getting better.

I read a spolier for this weeks episode. Watch out for one of the Koreans!

If you're West Coast, skip this message til you see it tonight.

Damn, I think I would have stayed for the flower, too. I am such an f-ing sucker for sentiment.

We watched Lost for the first time last night and we're a bit ... lost :/

But it looks like a qualtity program, just need to catch up on some of the missed character development.

But I did think the whole argument about whether to go to the caves or not was a bit ridiculous. Everyone should just go to the caves and take turns, in pairs, on watch at the beach! Duh.
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

I wanted to watch this week's episode so luckily Kirkus let me watch his tape of last week's episode so I wouldn't be totally "Lost"
    Seems like a good show, we'll have to see if they start using aliens and cyborgs to boost ratings ;D

Page 1 of 56 12345112651 ... LastLast