Agree Agree:  22
Likes Likes:  38
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Re: ATP 2020 WTF 9/15 - 9/22

So which system do you recommend, Deuce? Is there a super slo-mo system out there than can be implemented? I remember years ago at the USO they had it for the baseline, but no other lines.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Re: ATP 2020 WTF 9/15 - 9/22

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    So which system do you recommend, Deuce? Is there a super slo-mo system out there than can be implemented? I remember years ago at the USO they had it for the baseline, but no other lines.
    Yes, you're referring to the 'MacCam' from years ago (which was NOT, as some believed at the time, named for John McEnroe!).

To have something like the MacCam on every line would be my choice. If they had the knowledge and equipment to do this 30 years ago, they surely possess the knowledge and equipment to do it today.
    Of course, you'd have to pretty much have two cameras positioned for every line, as the player could obstruct the view if there is only one camera per line. This includes the service line in doubles, for the same reason.

The closest thing I've seen to the MacCam today is 'FoxTenn'...
    https://scroll.in/field/916856/hawke...-call-business

But, as I've said many times - my preference is that the linespeople remain on the court. If a 'technology' MUST be added to the presence of the linespeople, it should be a super slow motion type of camera system, which shows a true replay of what occurred in real life.
    In talking with my linespeople friends, they say that they would have less of a problem in being corrected by a video camera replay than by ShotSpot/HawkEye.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213