Agree Agree:  58
Likes Likes:  106
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 241 to 252 of 252
  1. #241

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Well, all the crazy talk about them holding on till January is not true after all
    Roger forever

  2. #242

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    One more thing on the Latino/Latina/Latinx note - I grew up not far from San Antonio in a town with lots of people of Mexican-American descent. My classmates (at least all that I have kept up with) seem to dislike the Latinx moniker, and all of them consider themselves as Hispanic or Latino. Indeed, some seem offended by trying to amend this to Latinx. So definitely at this time, the Latinx designation is definitely a minority viewpoint there from what I can tell.

    Oh, and some of them supported Trump. So yes, this is not a political given for the Democratic party that they can count on the backing of Hispanics from where I grew up.
    Last edited by Jeff in TX; 11-23-2020 at 05:08 PM.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

  3. #243

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs
    Biden transition team is weighing attorney general contenders led by Lisa Monaco, who held key national security posts in the Obama admin, and Sally Yates, who gained fame when she was fired by Trump, @cstrohm reports.



    Biden Considering Lisa Monaco, Sally Yates For Attorney General
    By Chris Strohm
    November 21, 2020, 4:32 PM EST
    President-elect has goal of having women at highest levels
    Yates gained notoriety when she defied Trump and was fired
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  4. #244

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    One thought keeps running through my mind: What if, after having to fight to be allowed to access various departments that make up the Federal Government and there is nothing? I mean no strategic vision, no plans, nothing.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  5. #245

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Ti, you have been without strategic vision or plans for the last four years. This will be a "repair administration", not a "do" government.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  6. #246

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    One thought keeps running through my mind: What if, after having to fight to be allowed to access various departments that make up the Federal Government and there is nothing? I mean no strategic vision, no plans, nothing.
    They are already prepared for that. That's part of why they needed as much time as possible for transition. They have no idea what they are going to find. They are well aware that might see some combo version of a hot mess and/or many, many holes that shouldn't exist needing to be filled. That's also why a delay in vetting people is dangerous. They are pretty sure they will need to vet a good deal more than an incoming administration typically needs to.

  7. #247
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    53,560
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    One thought keeps running through my mind: What if, after having to fight to be allowed to access various departments that make up the Federal Government and there is nothing? I mean no strategic vision, no plans, nothing.
    I'm not sure what you mean by strategic vision. But I can tell you that HHS agencies (what I know best) are constantly revolving strategic plans. That did not change during the Trump Administration.

    Are they good strategic plans? That depends on who you talk to. But in general, I'd probably argue that, within the confines of HHS agencies, the Trump Administration had little impact on them. Most HHS agencies were not a priority for this Administration.

    As for other, higher priority cabinet agencies (DoD, DHS, State), it's almost certainly a different story. But I would bet it would amount mostly to subtracting pet Administration initiatives and leaving most everything else in tact.

    I could be wrong, though.

    EDIT: On the other hand, it's safe to assume that the HHS Administration for Children and Families will once again be permitted to emphasize the high prevalence of LGBTQI youth among homeless and runaway youth--a population the current Administration proactively sought to erase entirely.
    Tiz the Dude! Now a winner after his second race!

  8. #248

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Thanks dry!

    I always appreciate your perspective on these things. You're right. Tiny could have cared less about HUD, HHS and and DoE. It's going to be very interesting to see who replaces DeVos.

    I think the heavy lifting will be at State, DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Agencies. Those are the places Tiny focused his money making traitorous activities and where the most "moles" will be. Anyone who was appointed during his "tenure" should have someone walk up to them and escort them out of the building just like they did Lt Col Vindman and others.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  9. #249

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    If you missed President Elect Biden's Thanksgiving speech here it is.

    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  10. #250

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Cameron Langford
    @cam_langford
    Fred Eshelman, owner of a venture capital firm, sued True the Vote Inc. today. He claims it duped him into giving it $2.5 million for its Validate the Vote 2020 campaign to file lawsuits to uncover fraud in the Nov. elections on behalf of President Trump.
    @CourthouseNews

    He says True the Vote's founder and attorney said they were going to file lawsuits in the seven closest battleground states with the goal of obtaining election data in discovery and needed $7.3 million for the effort.

    But it filed just four lawsuits, one each in Wis., Mich., Penn. and Ga. And it voluntarily dismissed them all Nov. 16. "The decision to abandon those cases was made in concert with counsel for the Trump campaign," the lawsuit states.

    He says the gift was "conditional" on True the Vote following through with its plans. He seeks an order declaring him the rightful owner of the $2.5 million and requiring the company to return it.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  11. #251

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by strategic vision. But I can tell you that HHS agencies (what I know best) are constantly revolving strategic plans. That did not change during the Trump Administration.

    Are they good strategic plans? That depends on who you talk to. But in general, I'd probably argue that, within the confines of HHS agencies, the Trump Administration had little impact on them. Most HHS agencies were not a priority for this Administration.

    I think this is too broad of a statement. HHS is huge. While I have no doubt there are departments that have functioned in a similar capacity and intent that they did prior to this administration, there are some, that have definitely made strategic changes. The FDA, for instance, has seen a sharp decline in enforcement actions. There's also been an intentional decrease in spending on public health, if you recall the significant budget cuts to the CDC.

    Not part of HHS, but also think of an OSHA, which has been gutted under this administration and workers are definitely not as safe as they were 4 years ago. There's a lot of repair needed across many of the cabinets not just the most obvious ones.

  12. #252

    Re: The Great Reset: Where Do We Go From Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Cameron Langford
    @cam_langford
    Fred Eshelman, owner of a venture capital firm, sued True the Vote Inc. today. He claims it duped him into giving it $2.5 million for its Validate the Vote 2020 campaign to file lawsuits to uncover fraud in the Nov. elections on behalf of President Trump.
    @CourthouseNews

    He says True the Vote's founder and attorney said they were going to file lawsuits in the seven closest battleground states with the goal of obtaining election data in discovery and needed $7.3 million for the effort.

    But it filed just four lawsuits, one each in Wis., Mich., Penn. and Ga. And it voluntarily dismissed them all Nov. 16. "The decision to abandon those cases was made in concert with counsel for the Trump campaign," the lawsuit states.

    He says the gift was "conditional" on True the Vote following through with its plans. He seeks an order declaring him the rightful owner of the $2.5 million and requiring the company to return it.
    Oh, the poor darling! He gave $2.5MM to a famous embezzler and now he found out he was being "duped"! It is almost endearing.
    (Cut to CASABLANCA SHOCKED clip)
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •