Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  39
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: FOSP 2020 Women's Picks & Results Thread

This actually isn't a bad strategy given how poorly the seeds are doing
    This is not the bouquet you toss

We continued our trend of losing approximately half of the pool each day and are now down to 6

TMQ Tips for the Future

I will personally rate your losing pick as DANK or STANK. All judgments are final and legally binding. Consult your doctor before participating in the suicide pool. Side effects of the suicide pool include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blindness, crippling anxiety, Wikipedia holes, and eventually sweet, sweet death. The suicide pool is not responsible for lost or stolen property. This is the game that brain surgeons are begging people over 40 to play.

Maria Sakkari DANK At this point, I'm starting to believe that Trevisan's obnoxious grunting is actually some sort of spell, because only witchcraft can explain how she's still in the draw. Sakkari blew a big opportunity here to make her mark in a grand slam.

Anna Karolina Schmiedlova STANK If I hadn't gone to bed early last night, this is the pick that I would have told gamblers to bet against. Looking at her record, it appears that Podoroska rules the ITF world--she has 14 career titles (including 3 this year), 11 of which were on clay.

Tsvetana Pironokova DANK I didn't watch this match, as it seemed like it would be boring, but Pironkova has played a lot of tennis this month, and maybe she ran out of gas? Krejcikova has been around awhile and has only ever played in one other slam, so this loss is perplexing.

Day 7 numbers--I don't feel the upset ping on any of these picks, but if there was to be one, it would be Zhang.

The breakdown

Shuai Zhang 3
    Sofia Kenin 2
    Fiona Ferro 1
    Last edited by JTContinental; 10-03-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Everyone through today, as expected

This thread closed for a much needing hosing down. Good thing the clay is already red.

Join us in the updated thread for cheers and jeers of our remaining 6 players

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456