Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2020/2021 NFL Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I am forecast at 4-10, 7th place.
    And that one can happen.
    I was also forecast in 7th place, but upped my grade from D to B this year. #Hmmph (that's Hisss with a mask on)
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I was also forecast in 7th place, but upped my grade from D to B this year. #Hmmph (that's Hisss with a mask on)
    I am sure we will play a fantastic matchup in late December, in the consolation rounds!

People: What about Chad's proposal for Field Goals? Do we add one extra bonus point for 40-50 yards?
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Sorry, I completely missed Chad's post on the last page. I'm very okay with the extra point for 40-49 yard field goals.

I'm projected to finish in 6th place 5-9 record, Grade B.

Well I hope I can finish in the top 4....we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I am sure we will play a fantastic matchup in late December, in the consolation rounds!

People: What about Chad's proposal for Field Goals? Do we add one extra bonus point for 40-50 yards?
    I'm ok with adding a bonus point for longer FG's

The FG settings have been updated:
    3 points for anything below 40 Yards.
    4 for 40-50 yards.
    5 for anything above.

Thanks for replying.

Ok, boys and girls! We start tonight!
    According to the NFL site, of the four matches that we will play, the most lopsided one will be Fumblenators Vs the Old Bays, with a difference of almost 10 points. But, of course, it is simply the Old Bays playing possum: they have not inserted their DEF on the lineup, which will make it very competitive. Defending Champion Skatingfan is projected to have the high score of the week and beat the Seasnakes by over 6 points. This must be taken seriously because it has to be remembered that in our young league, Skating has won two championships. He always shows up.
    Match of the week will be the Dustdevils VS the Wildcats, projected to have a difference in score of less than 1 point. That means one reception dropped, or one FG from 41 yards as opposed to 39 may make the difference. Let's hope it goes down to the wire.
    Surprisingly, only the Dust Devils have no players on tonight's game, meaning they can watch the USO Semis without flicking back and forth. The rest of us have players in both teams, so we need to ensure the remote is in our hands.

Have FUN!!!!!

And....
    Wake up to see that neither FOX nor ESPN (the two main sport carriers for the NFL in S. America) have no games scheduled in their grid. So no football for me this season.
    Gee, what can I watch today?

Our first week went by and some changes are already needed. For starters, the Sea Snakes must be renamed THE KRAKEN. They put a monster score of 210 points, but it is the details that tell how strong this team is: they scored 11 TD's, with 9 players scoring over 14 points. Their BENCH scored 129 points on 6 TD's, although they were not the highest scoring bench of the week (that was the Dust Devils at 131).
    Wildcats had a great week too, with 192 points and 9 TD's scored by their players. It was a balanced attack: 5 players had over 20 points, and 3 were over 30.
    As usual, unfortunate match ups took place. Defending champion Skatingfan had the third highest score at 157 points (a bit above his prediction) but was matched against the Kraken Snakes, so he was pummeled. At the opposite end, Fumblenators seat in fourth place despite scoring the second lowest total. Why? Because they played the lowest total. The Old Bays simply did not show up and had a combined total of 1 TD, scoring less than 4 BENCHES. If this week is any indication, Fumblenators and the Old Bays are in deep trouble, as not only they scored very little, their benches were not much better.
    One interesting fact: all of our defenses scored much better than what was projected. So it seems that position has to be given a little bit more consideration.
    Match ups for this week pit all four winners against all losers. So,theoretically, we can end week 2 with everybody at 1-1. But only two of week 1 losers are projected to do so.
    Remember our waiver line is for Wednesday, so get those changes in today.

Don't think that I can keep three Seahawks in my lineup and stay on top, but it worked for week 1 #Hmmph
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Metcalf and Locket are going to see a lot of targets this year. It will be fun when we play as I have Russell.
    Last edited by ponchi101; 09-15-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Don't think that I can keep three Seahawks in my lineup and stay on top, but it worked for week 1 #Hmmph
    I encourage you to stick with them.

Kudos for Jazznu's team for kicking my team's behind!
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

First major injury: Michael Thomas, who gave me almost nothing in game 1. High Ankle sprain, out for several weeks. And he is undroppable.
    1-13, here I go

NO offense is going to get tested more. Picking Sanders up will help.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast