Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Whose is the greatest 1 handed BH ever?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Martina Navratilova

0 0%
  • Hana Mandlikova

0 0%
  • Steffi Graf

0 0%
  • Gabriela Sabatini

1 7.69%
  • Amelie Mauresmo

0 0%
  • Justine Henin

12 92.31%
  • Conchita Martinez

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%

Great strokes. 1 handed BH, WTA.

The mystery is solved. I simply prefer one handed backhands and therefore remember them better. The WTA list is as crowded as the ATPís.
    Martina Navratilova. Yes, she is here again. A truly complete player so she makes almost every list. A perfect Czech technique.
    Hana Mandlikova. And so does she. The Czech tennis school must have been regimental.
    Steffi Graf. Again and again, she hit that slice. But when needed she had topspin too. It was teutonic stubbornness, thatís all.
    Gabriela Sabatini. Beautiful, simply beautiful. And she was gorgeous too.
    Amelie Mauresmo. Some women are beautiful in their muscle and bone structure. When Amelie coiled into her backhand swing, she was a Greek statue of a goddess. The stroke was majestic.
    Justine Henin. Even more incredible because with her size she had to frequently hit her backhand almost at shoulder level. And she was the one hitting with the most variety, mixing all spins constantly.
    Conchita Martinez. At her Wimby championship, the very last point was a BH2BH duel against Martina. Conchita approached the net first (what?!) behind a deep slice. Martinaís passing shot went wide. Thatís how good this womanís BH was.

Honorary mention.
    Jana Novotna. No, she was no longer a member of the Czech school because with the Czech/Slovak split that school was gone. But her slice approach was out of this world.
    Carla Suarez Navarro. The sole fact that she came from the Spanish school with a one handed is already worthy.
    Ashley Barty. She has a gorgeous one handed SLICE shot, so technically I can include her. It is the best slice out there at the moment.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Great strokes. 1 handed BH, WTA.

If Henin doesn't take this one, y'all MF'ers need Jesus!

Of course I voted for Justine as well
    Roger forever

I believe I will abstain on this one
    This is not the bouquet you toss

I'm enjoying being a contrarian. Voted Sabatini.
    ďNo matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.Ē Ė Lily Tomlin.

I thought this category would get at least five players getting votes. It is really not that clear cut (to me).
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.