Agree Agree:  17
Likes Likes:  3
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Other Sports & C19

If they plan it early enough and enforce the strictest of quarantines (say, rent out various hotels in Tokyp for a 2-week full quarantine) before coming into a bubble Olympic village, it's doable even without a vaccine. The IOC would have to shell out tons of money to make it safe without tickets income, though.

Just to clarify. The 2022-23 I mentioned was solely for Colombia, and was what the local Dr. Fauci said. And that was way before we were hearing about the vaccines that are being talked about.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    If they plan it early enough and enforce the strictest of quarantines (say, rent out various hotels in Tokyp for a 2-week full quarantine) before coming into a bubble Olympic village, it's doable even without a vaccine. The IOC would have to shell out tons of money to make it safe without tickets income, though.
    There was talk about requiring vaccines to come, which is why I was wondering how that would work. There's also talk about other strategies that you're mentioning, but if vaccines are required, I'm just having a hard time seeing how that works for countries not expecting to get vaccines as quickly. When I read about that, the plan was definitely for spectators in that scenario. But it also pointed out that they something close to 75% of the revenue they get is from TV contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    She's had so much sympathy thrown her way the last two years and she just killed it all, especially with inflammatory language in a state where your governor was already the focus of an assassination plot. And nice way to pay back all the medical professionals that saved your privileged ass! And after all that small business talk, she literally went shopping at Target. And this is her house that she's complaining about being trapped in.

They were trying to sell that house because it had "too much access to water" for them to police given the age/size of their brood :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    They were trying to sell that house because it had "too much access to water" for them to police given the age/size of their brood :-)
    Uh, how many children do they have?
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345