Agree Agree:  22
Likes Likes:  27
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: COVID aftermath and What Ifs?

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I'm not saying that it can't be a possibility but aren't we making a lot of suppositions? (the anti-Occam)

That while in China someone from Bannon's team traveled (in the midst of the pandemic, no less), found her, made her an offer we have to assume sizeable to make her leave her entire life and move to another country so she could then publish this article.
    Why are you assuming she's sane and reasoned and doesn't have an agenda? Because she's a doctor or scientist? Fox News, College Football, and Grifter in Chief have found doctors and scientists from highly reputable institutions and hospitals such as the Mayo Clinic, Duke University, and University of Michigan to support their agenda and push unsupported scientific data and ideas to the public. No reason at all to think that China doesn't have the same fringe within their ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I'm not saying that it can't be a possibility but aren't we making a lot of suppositions? (the anti-Occam)

Oh, sure. But by now we are in The Princess Bride, when Wesley and Vizzini are having their duel of wits. "I know that you know that I know that you know that YOU KNOW that I KNOW...."
    Heck, you started the Descent to Hades thread. You should know that we know!
    Last edited by ponchi101; 09-16-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Why are you assuming she's sane and reasoned and doesn't have an agenda? Because she's a doctor or scientist? Fox News, College Football, and Grifter in Chief have found doctors and scientists from highly reputable institutions and hospitals such as the Mayo Clinic, Duke University, and University of Michigan to support their agenda and push unsupported scientific data and ideas to the public. No reason at all to think that China doesn't have the same fringe within their ranks.
    I assume she's sane and reasoned since it is the mean, if we are to depart from the mean to an exception we should base ourselves on evidence to sustain why we are dealing with a "rare" variable instead of the more common one.

Now having said that, she could very well be "insane"; but her insanity would have to be degrees higher than those valid examples you cited since she left everything behind furthering my need of evidence to sustain that she's that level of crazy.

Finally, I'm not saying that she's not crazy; I'm not saying that she is. It's important to ask as many questions as possible to get as close as we can to the truth. And to think that there aren't economic interests on both sides is naive (regardless of the moral void that is Trump and 90% of those around him).
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Oh, sure. But by now we are in The Princes Bride, when Wesley and Vizzini are having their duel of wits. "I know that you know that I know that you know that YOU KNOW that I KNOW...."
    LOL!

In this tangle of confusion that has become our reality I use Occam's razor more and more.

Scenario A) she's telling the truth -or at least she thinks she is.

Scenario B) that while in China someone from Bannon's team traveled (in the midst of the pandemic, no less), found her, made her an offer sizeable enough to make her leave her entire life and move to another country so she could then publish this article.

One makes much less assumptions than the other. Or am I wrong?

Scenario C: Bannon and his people found the one group of scientists that also believe the theory of the virus being man-made, and told her that publishing that paper in China was suicide (it is) and then brought her to the USA.

Occam will never fail. And yes, we agree, just different levels of explanation.
    (I, too, have developed an immunity to iocaine powder)

I love this exercise. Both scenarios A and C sound feasible.

Would love to hear other possibilities and argue their merits.

We really should put this in practice more than just taking everything as true just because we like it and/or attacks that that we don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Oh, sure. But by now we are in The Princess Bride, when Wesley and Vizzini are having their duel of wits. "I know that you know that I know that you know that YOU KNOW that I KNOW...."
    Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
    Thanks That cracked me up!

It's my favorite movie of all time and just got kids into it and we've been watching it 3-4 times a year Have probably 90-95% of the movie memorized.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456