Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Which match was better?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nadal Djokovic

    7 58.33%
  • Roddick Gasquet

    5 41.67%
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Contests
    Awards Showcase

    James7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    6,435
    Blog Entries
    3

    Best Match Match-up #15

    Group #15
    2009 Madrid Semifinal: Nadal vs. Djokovic
    2007 Wimbledon QF - Roddick vs. Gasquet

    Nadal Djokovic
    I disapprove of this message

  2. #2
    Contests
    Awards Showcase

    James7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    6,435
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    Roddick vs. Gasquet

    Trouble finding video... Here's a short dailymotion one
    I disapprove of this message

  3. #3

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    Wait...was Roddick-Gasquet THAT SP match? I automatically have to vote against it if it is!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

  4. #4
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    51,605

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Wait...was Roddick-Gasquet THAT SP match? I automatically have to vote against it if it is!
    If you're referring to why Gasquet is on the no-no list, it was his withdrawal from the US Open with a sore throat just before play started for the day.


  5. #5

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    This match is tied. What is the tie-break?
    Or do both move on to the second round, as there will be some space?
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  6. #6
    Contests
    Awards Showcase

    James7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    6,435
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    There's no formal rules. We are off a good normal bracket size, so maybe both move on in ties and we'll get appropriate at some point.

    Things will likely be re-shuffled every round to make matches. I'm not keeping super prompt so far as I'm working still.
    I disapprove of this message

  7. #7

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    If you're referring to why Gasquet is on the no-no list, it was his withdrawal from the US Open with a sore throat just before play started for the day.
    it was the match I was thinking of... but I thought it had taken me out but apparently James Blake had done that a couple rounds earlier:

    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...s-Thread/page2

    We were down to 42 people left, 32 had Roddick who won the first two sets...

    As a Roddick fan it was painful for a different non-SP reason for me I guess, so I associated the two events!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

  8. #8
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    51,605

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    it was the match I was thinking of... but I thought it had taken me out but apparently James Blake had done that a couple rounds earlier:

    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...s-Thread/page2

    We were down to 42 people left, 32 had Roddick who won the first two sets...

    As a Roddick fan it was painful for a different non-SP reason for me I guess, so I associated the two events!

    You're right. The USO withdrawal was that same year in the next slam, so it cemented Gasquet's reputation.


  9. #9

    Re: Best Match Match-up #15

    He screwed a lot of people over in a short period of time, in totally different ways
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •