Agree Agree:  333
Likes Likes:  257
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 732475354555657

Re: Covid19 & Tennis

All valid points. I still believe it has gone extremely well, given the circumstances.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

France has had 72 new cases per 100,000 people over the past week, which is significantly higher than New York's numbers. Paris is now deemed a high-risk area according to most European governments. On the other hand, as of now much less players have withdrawn from Roland Garros than for the US Open. RG also still plans on allowing spectators. I wonder how many more withdrawals and/or positive cases from players will emerge in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by oliver0001; 09-13-2020 at 07:00 AM.

I don't expect many. Most players are European based and also we just had a succesfull Slam in the bubble.
    Roger forever

I wonder when the FFT will wise up and ban fans...
    Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    I wonder when the FFT will wise up and ban fans...
    Is there's no potential for liability if someone gets sick there, then probably not.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oliver0001 View Post
    France has had 72 new cases per 100,000 people over the past week, which is significantly higher than New York's numbers. Paris is now deemed a high-risk area according to most European governments. On the other hand, as of now much less players have withdrawn from Roland Garros than for the US Open. RG also still plans on allowing spectators. I wonder how many more withdrawals and/or positive cases from players will emerge in the coming weeks.
    ^ I was wondering wwhen someone would mention that things are not going well in France right now in terms of the virus.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next 10 days or so.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Is there's no potential for liability if someone gets sick there, then probably not.
    I think that's true. But don't you think it could be a PR problem even if they aren't liable? I haven't heard it mentioned, but it seems like there could be super-spreader potential here. Unless they have a completely different system than other stadiums, the minute that roof closes, the ventilation kicks on. Now it's gotta help that it's brand new and one would assume, state-of-the-art, but 5,000 is 5,000 so seems problematic from more than just a liability standpoint.

Yesterday I watched the end of the final of a Challenger tournament in Aix-en-Provence (France). There were spectators and ball kids. The stream was not that great, so I can't say whether the audience wore masks, but the ball kids definitely did not wear any masks...

Based on the maps posted here France is flaming red at the moment. Sorry to here they're being cavalier about protection.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Moscow is canceled

https://twitter.com/christophclarey/...612937729?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 732475354555657