Agree Agree:  334
Likes Likes:  257
Page 1 of 57 12345112651 ... LastLast

Covid19 & Tennis

Just because I think we'll be needing this.

Post away.

Kevin

Re: CV thread

Hi Pattyfan. We've got a huge thread on covid 19 already. Here is the link http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...and-Discussion

I will close this thread.

Ti-Amie
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Re: Covid19 & Tennis

I totally misunderstood Pattyfan's intent regarding this thread. I've modified the title and I think all further cancellations, etc, should be here.

I just saw this:

WTA Strasbourg
    @WTA_Strasbourg

Nous avons le regret d'annoncer que les Internationaux de Strasbourg ne se joueront pas à la date prévue en mai. L'événement devait initialement se tenir du 16 au 23 mai 2020. La Direction envisage un report à l'automne 2020.

We regret to announce that the Strasbourg Internationals will not be played on the date scheduled for May. The event was initially scheduled to take place from May 16 to 23, 2020. Management plans to postpone it to fall 2020.

More informations : https://buff.ly/3acTcIt

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I totally misunderstood Pattyfan's intent regarding this thread. I've modified the title and I think all further cancellations, etc, should be here.

I just saw this:

WTA Strasbourg
    @WTA_Strasbourg

Nous avons le regret d'annoncer que les Internationaux de Strasbourg ne se joueront pas à la date prévue en mai. L'événement devait initialement se tenir du 16 au 23 mai 2020. La Direction envisage un report à l'automne 2020.

We regret to announce that the Strasbourg Internationals will not be played on the date scheduled for May. The event was initially scheduled to take place from May 16 to 23, 2020. Management plans to postpone it to fall 2020.

Yes, your title is much clearer. Thanks.

Kevin

I just saw this:

WTA Strasbourg
    @WTA_Strasbourg

I posted in the Tennis 2.0 thread, but both tours postponed longer. I'm not sure why we need a new thread as this is the state of tennis right now and we already seem to be posting stuff for a bit now in 2 different threads, so this feels like a third that will split it even further. But whatever the consensus is I'll go along with.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 03-18-2020 at 11:38 AM.

ITF PRESS RELEASE

18 March 2020

All ITF events postponed until 8 June 2020

After careful consideration and in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the ITF has postponed the ITF World Tennis Tour until Monday 8 June 2020. This aligns with the ATP and WTA’s suspension of their respective tours and the decision by the Fédération Française de Tennis to postpone Roland Garros.

In addition to the suspension of the men’s and women’s ITF World Tennis Tour, the ITF will also postpone the ITF World Tennis Tour Juniors, the UNIQLO Wheelchair Tennis Tour, ITF Beach Tennis World Tour, and ITF Seniors Tour until 8 June 2020.

The ITF, ATP and WTA firmly believe it is better for everyone in the tennis community if we work together. We are committed to working through these matters with players, tournaments and our national and regional associations in the weeks and months ahead. More than ever, the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic to professional tennis demand collaboration and unity in order for us to do what is right for our fans, players and tournaments.

ITF President David Haggerty said, “In these challenging times, it is more important than ever for our sport to pull together to provide as much certainty as possible to all those affected by these postponements. We recognise the huge impact this will have, but ultimately the health and safety of players, officials and spectators has to be our primary concern. The ITF is committed to taking a responsible approach, working with all tennis stakeholders to enable players of all levels to resume playing as soon as it is safe to do so.”

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 17, 2020

USTA Statement on US Open Schedule

The USTA is continuing to plan for the 2020 US Open and is not at this time implementing any changes to the schedule.

These are unprecedented times, though, and we are assessing all of our options, including the possibility of moving the tournament to a later date.

At a time when the world is coming together, we recognize that such a decision should not be made unilaterally, and therefore the USTA would only do so in full consultation with the other Grand Slam tournaments, the WTA and ATP, the ITF and our partners, including the Laver Cup.

###

18 March 2020
    ATP AND WTA EXTEND SUSPENSION OF TOURS

After careful consideration, and due to the continuing outbreak of COVID-19, all ATP and WTA tournaments tin the Spring clay-court swing will not be held as scheduled. This includes the combined ATP/WTA tournaments in Madrid and Rome, along with the WTA events in Strasbourg and Rabat and ATP events in Munich, Estoril, Geneva and Lyon.

The professional tennis season is now suspended through 7 June 2020, including the ATP Challenger Tour and ITF World Tennis Tour. At this time, tournaments taking place from 8 June 2020 onwards are still planning to go ahead as per the published schedule.

In parallel, the FedEx ATP Rankings and WTA Rankings will be frozen throughout this period and until further notice.

The challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic to professional tennis demand greater collaboration than ever from everyone in the tennis community in order for the sport to move forward collectively in the best interest of players, tournaments and fans.

We are assessing all options related to preserving and maximising the tennis calendar based on various return dates for the Tours, which remains an unknown at this time. We are committed to working through these matters with our player and tournament members, and the other governing bodies, in the weeks and months ahead.

Now is not a time to act unilaterally, but in unison. All decisions related to the impact of the coronavirus require appropriate consultation and review with the stakeholders in the game, a view that is shared by ATP, WTA, ITF, AELTC, Tennis Australia, and USTA.

# # #

NEWS RELEASE

March 18, 2020
    WTA AND ATP EXTEND SUSPENSION OF TOURS

After careful consideration, and due to the continuing outbreak of COVID-19, all ATP and WTA tournaments in the Spring clay court swing will not be held as scheduled. This includes the combined ATP/WTA tournaments in Madrid and Rome, along with the WTA events in Strasbourg and Rabat and ATP events in Munich, Estoril, Geneva and Lyon.

The professional tennis season is now suspended through June 7, 2020, including the ATP Challenger Tour and ITF World Tennis Tour. At this time, tournaments taking place from June 8, 2020 onwards are still planning to go ahead as per the published schedule.

In parallel, the FedEx ATP Rankings and WTA Rankings will be frozen throughout this period and until further notice.

The challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic to professional tennis demand greater collaboration than ever from everyone in the tennis community, in order for the sport to move forward collectively in the best interest of players, tournaments and fans.

We are assessing all options related to preserving and maximizing the tennis calendar based on various return dates for the Tours, which remains an unknown at this time. We are committed to working through these matters with our player and tournament members, and the other governing bodies, in the weeks and months ahead.

Now is not a time to act unilaterally, but in unison. All decisions related to the impact of the coronavirus require appropriate consultation and review with the stakeholders in the game, a view that is shared by ATP, WTA, ITF, AELTC, Tennis Australia, and USTA.

About the WTA:

Founded by Billie Jean King in 1973 on the principle of equal opportunity for women in sports, the WTA is the global leader in women’s professional sport with more than 1,650 players representing 84 nations competing for a record $180 million in prize money. In 2019, the WTA was watched by a record breaking global audience of 700 million. The 2020 WTA Tour includes 53 events and four Grand Slams, spanning across six continents and 28 countries and regions. The season culminates with the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, offering a $14 million total prize purse and honoring the season’s top singles and doubles players. Further information on the WTA can be found at www.wtatennis.com.

About the ATP:

The ATP is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits — the ATP Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 30 countries, the ATP Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. From Australia to Europe and the Americas to Asia, the stars of the 2020 ATP Tour will battle for prestigious titles and FedEx ATP Rankings points at ATP Masters 1000, 500 and 250 events, as well as Grand Slams (non-ATP events). The 2020 season launched in January with the inaugural ATP Cup in Australia and will culminate with only the world’s top 8 qualified singles players and doubles teams competing for the last title of the season at the Nitto ATP Finals in November. Held at The O2 in London, the event will officially crown the 2020 ATP World No. 1. For more information, please visit www.ATPTour.com.

Boy they don't like having their hands forced do they? Every announcement is throwing shade.

This is well done by Feliciano. A refund or you can keep your exact same tickets for the following year.

#MMOPEN
    @MutuaMadridOpen

The 2020 Mutua Madrid Open will not take place because of Covid-19.

BMW Open by FWU will not take place on the scheduled date

Considerations as to whether the tournament can take place later in the year are being examined

Munich. The BMW Open by FWU (April 25th - May 3rd) will not take place in 2020 for the time being. Today's decision by ATP to cancel all tournaments up to the French Open worldwide due to the corona virus is shared by the organizers of the traditional Munich tournament and perceived as correct. “The situation is very unfortunate for all tennis fans. Even if it is difficult, in the end it is a matter of overall responsibility towards the spectators and the players as well as all those involved in the tournament, ”says Michael Mronz for the organizer MMP Event GmbH. Everyone's health and safety is a top priority.

Considerations as to whether the tournament can take place later in the year are being examined
    Within the ATP, there are considerations to reschedule any failed tournaments later in the year. The BMW Open by FWU have already expressed their interest in this at ATP. As soon as there is clarity, the previous BMW Open by FWU ticket buyers will be informed of how to proceed. The organizers ask the customers for a little patience, "but nobody will remain seated on the ticket they have already purchased," emphasizes Michael Mronz.

https://www.bmwopenbyfwu.de/update-z...en-by-fwu-2020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TENNIS CANADA CANCELS ALL TOURNAMENTS SCHEDULED UP UNTIL JUNE 8

Montreal, March 18, 2020 — Tennis Canada continues to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and remains in daily contact with the Public Health Agency of Canada and the various tennis organizations. Following the announcements made by the ATP, WTA and ITF and in accordance with the recommendations of Canadian government officials, Tennis Canada announced on Wednesday that all its tournaments scheduled to take place until June 8 have been cancelled.

List of cancelled tournaments (in addition to the tournaments cancelled as of March 12):

Junior Tournaments

April 23-25 - ITF Junior Davis Cup and Fed Cup Qualifying – IGA Stadium, Montreal, QC

May 16-23 – ITF World Tennis Tour J5 – Mayfair, Toronto East, Markham, ON

May 22-30 – ITF World Tennis Tour J4 – Panorama Recreation Centre, Victoria, BC

May 30-June 6 – ITF World Tennis Tour J5 – Kamloops Tennis Centre, Kamloops, BC

Senior Tournaments

April 15-19 – Senior Women's Eastern Indoor National Championships – Club de Cote-de-Liesse, Montreal, QC

April 22-26 – Senior Men's Eastern Indoor National Championships – Club de Cote-de-Liesse, Montreal, QC

May 30-June 6 - BC Senior Provincials ITF, Jericho Tennis Club, Vancouver, BC

June 1-7 - Senior Mont Tremblant ITF Cup (North American Regional Event), Mont Tremblant, QC

“During this difficult time, it is all the more important for our sport that the different tours and federations work together and engage in collaboration. We are therefore pleased to see a consistent message put out by the ATP, the WTA and the ITF. We know that this new wave of cancellations represents an important loss for our tournaments and players, but the health and safety of the players, their entourage, the fans and the tournament staff are the top priority at the moment and this is what guides our decisions,” stated Michael Downey, President and CEO at Tennis Canada. “It is our duty to be a responsible organization and to make decisions that will allow the situation to improve in order to resume our activities as soon as possible.”

Tennis Canada will continue to communicate any changes to all stakeholders.

About Tennis Canada

Founded in 1890, Tennis Canada is a non-profit, national sport association with a mission to lead the growth of tennis in Canada and a vision to become a world-leading tennis nation. We value teamwork, passion, integrity, innovation and excellence. Tennis Canada owns and operates the premier Rogers Cup presented by National Bank WTA and ATP Tour events, four professional ATP and ITF sanctioned events and financially supports four other professional tournaments in Canada. Tennis Canada operates junior national training centres/programs in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary. Tennis Canada is a proud member of the International Tennis Federation, the Canadian Olympic Committee and the Canadian Paralympic Committee, and serves to administer, sponsor and select the teams for Davis Cup, Fed Cup, the Olympic and Paralympic Games and all wheelchair, junior and senior national teams. Tennis Canada invests its surplus into tennis development. For more information on Tennis Canada please visit our Web site at: www.tenniscanada.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

-30-

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

^ I agree - During this unprecedented circumstance, it will be good to have this specific thread for information and comments which relate the COVID-19 situation to tennis, rather than a merely general thread.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

ATP Tour
    @atptour

ATP has published the latest @FedEx ATP Rankings that will remain unchanged for entry purposes through the extended ATP Tour suspension period.

ATP has published the latest FedEx ATP Rankings effective 16 March that will remain unchanged for entry purposes through the extended ATP Tour suspension period.

The new FedEx ATP Rankings, available now on ATPTour.com, include the following:

• FedEx ATP Rankings of 9 March 2020, counting results from the previous 52 weeks, including the 2019 BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells
    • Challenger results including Nur-Sultan and Potchefstroom
    • ITF World Tennis Tour results from the weeks of 2 March 2020 and 9 March 2020

The FedEx ATP Rankings will be frozen for entry purposes throughout this period and until further notice, with further details to be announced in due course.

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/new-...sed-and-frozen

Page 1 of 57 12345112651 ... LastLast